News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for martinman

Member Name: martinman
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Will Stephen Schwartz ever win a Tony?
 Jul 10 2008, 06:50:03 PM
I doubt he has ever lost a minute of sleep over it....he's too tired from going to the bank for the past 30 years to make all those DEPOSITS$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$...
re: RENT is set in which year(s)?
 Jun 4 2008, 10:19:18 PM
The first line of the movie and musical say "December 25th 9:00 p.m. 1989". I just watched the movie this afternoon.
re: RENT is set in which year(s)?
 Jun 4 2008, 10:17:26 PM
The first line of the movie and musical both say "December 25th 9:00p
re: Swartz - What has worked for 35 years
 May 21 2008, 10:13:37 AM
My bad...I was in a hurry..screwed up the spelling and was trying to reply to the earlier post....I totally screwed up what I was trying to do...testing 1,2,3 is this on?
re: Schwartz - What doesn't work?
 May 21 2008, 10:11:00 AM
He has had a 35 year career touching millions and making millions..something's working!!
Schwartz - What has worked for 35 years
 May 21 2008, 10:01:24 AM
His work has touched millions and millions and earned millions and millions..I bet most of us, if not all would trade careers...

re: When did Rent become a classic?
 Feb 19 2008, 05:00:12 PM
I saw it for the first time at 40, and saw it for the 10th time at 50...Age has nothing to do with it....
Calling All RENT Heads
 Feb 19 2008, 04:16:56 PM
I'm a head from way back in '97..seems (and I somewhat agree), that some of the posters are getting tired of us talking/speculating/crying/dreading on and on about the closing...I'm there...My question is, is there a blog where we (heads) can do this amongst ourselves....
re: RENT final performance--SRO
 Feb 16 2008, 08:50:14 PM
It will be nuts...anybody know what tickets are going for?
to set the record straight
 Jan 25 2008, 12:08:42 PM
Like Anthony said "Time To Let It Go".....it's closing June 1st
re: Anthony Rapp on Rent's closing
 Jan 23 2008, 09:36:30 PM
A job well done Anthony. I saw you twice in 1997 and wanted to get back up there this past fall but the plans fell through....Thanks for all your work and thank you for being a driving force for the making of the movie....think I'll go watch it right now..
re: RENT Review - Sunday, January 20th, 7 PM
 Jan 21 2008, 02:01:00 PM
Why all the Matt bashing...It appears that he has been living his dream and making a living doing what he loves.....maybe you haven't been and don't...
re: Where is Anthony Rapp?
 Jan 17 2008, 10:45:50 AM
net
Where is Anthony Rapp?
 Jan 17 2008, 10:30:22 AM
I just checked the RENT site and they show the original cast singing "Seasons Of Love", however they never show Anthony Rapp....check it out...kinda weird...
re: RENT: Your First Time
 Jan 16 2008, 03:58:37 PM
My first time was on a Saturday night in February of '97..saw most of the original cast. I saw it again the next day (Sunday afternoon). Needless to say I was a Renthead from the beginning. I've seen it about once a year since...always moved, always inspired...I've made my living for the past 20 years as a songwriter, always seeking out music that moves me..RENT gets me every time...THANK YOU JONATHAN LARSON...
Wicked Question
 Jan 14 2008, 10:49:57 AM
Saw it at the Gershwin, Loved it...one question. At the beginning of the play Galinda is asked if she and Elphaba were friends and she says something like "Yeah I knew her in school but it depends on what you mean by friends." Later they sing "For Good", which is about the best love song/friendship song I've ever heard....just wondering if I missed something or was Galinda just saying what they wanted to hear after Elpahba's death at the beginning.
Matt Caplan back in Rent
 Dec 20 2007, 10:11:16 AM
Is he playing Mark again?
re: 'RENT' the movie..here we go again
 Dec 1 2007, 02:24:36 PM
That was a good one..maybe I deserved it...I've made my living the past 25 years as a songwriter...sometimes I have to look for inspiration..Jonathan Larson's music inspires me. Maybe I should just listen to the original soundtrack. I have seen Rent on Broadway about once a year for the past ten years..I didn't know Jonathan, but I can't imagine any songwriter not being proud to see their work on the big screen.
"RENT" the movie..here we go again
 Dec 1 2007, 11:44:36 AM
O.K., so it wasn't the greatest musical movie ever made...let it go...I still find myself watching certain scenes just to get my RENT fix...It still gives me chills and makes me cry. The opening song, the life support meetings, Angels funeral...if those don't get you, you might want to check your pulse...
Future of RENT
 Oct 23 2007, 10:02:19 AM
Anybody else getting a little concerned with the attendance numbers? Do you think it will still be playing 3 years from now?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You