News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for emonkeygirl

emonkeygirl Profile Photo
Member Name: emonkeygirl
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Ben Wright
 Nov 23 2004, 09:52:47 AM
Camille Saviola was also recently (1-2 years ago) in a production of Lorca's "House of Bernarda Alba" with Chita Rivera in L.A. It was wonderful...
re: This should be fun... but difficult
 Oct 28 2004, 01:36:57 PM
Bye Bye Birdie has only a few major singing roles, most can be acted strongly in lieu of fantastic singers. You just need a good Elvis-y type singer...
AVE Q free debate today!!!
 Sep 30 2004, 11:44:28 AM
Don't forget, today at 1 pm at 46th & Bway!
Here's the link with more info!

re: The official Brooke Shields in Wonderful Town Thread
 Sep 29 2004, 11:39:55 AM
Yes. Do not mess with the brilliance of Bernstein & Comden & Green. You might not like it, but you should at least appreciate it.
& remember, no one wants Adolph Green rising from the dead to attack his critics.

re: Rent Movie Casting
 Sep 28 2004, 08:14:38 AM
My roommate's audition wasn't an open call, it was a scheduled audition, so I'm not sure when/if open calls are happening. In terms of song, she had to sing "Take Me or Leave Me" (Joanne's part in the duet & her solo) & I'm not sure what sides she had. (Sorry!) :)
& she said it was fun & that everyone was really nice!

re: Rent Movie Casting
 Sep 27 2004, 02:37:33 PM
Casting for this is going on right now. My roommate is going in for Joanne. & she's definitely not a name. Yet! :)
re: Audra Can't Be in 'Sunday In The Park'
 Aug 18 2004, 01:37:46 PM
I'm all for color/gender/etc blind casting for everything, except when it's a historical character. I think Audra would be amazing as Dot.
But all wrong to play Abe Lincoln.

re: Anyone Going to this Production of Assassins?
 Aug 10 2004, 03:57:00 PM
For some reason I found the fact that this production is sponsored by Neurology Associates tremendously funny...
re: Will Caroline be filmed?
 Aug 6 2004, 04:49:25 PM
Tix are onsale at the TDF website, for all those who are members. I'm going this Tuesday. Yay! (I'm broke, too.)
re: Not in the Nick of Time
 Aug 6 2004, 12:31:04 PM
I'm STILL kicking myself for not seeing "Once On This Island".
It was a toss-up between "Big River" for a 2nd time & OOTI. My family hadn't seen Big River, so I was outvoted. Such sadness...

re: 'Strange' look in fashion
 Aug 5 2004, 03:42:29 PM
I promise not to make noise when I walk.
Please can I keep them? :)
They're light blue & say "boys are smelly".
I love them.

re: Broadway Lost Treasures II on PBS
 Aug 5 2004, 08:34:05 AM
Go to pbs.org & put in your zip code. That will take you to your local PBS station's website. Then click on television schedule & enter "Broadway's Lost Treasures" in the keyword box.

re: Broadway Lost Treasures II on PBS
 Aug 4 2004, 11:28:58 AM
In NYC, channel 13, Monday, August 9th at 8pm
re: Songs about FOOD
 Aug 3 2004, 03:48:04 PM
My Favorite Things (apple strudel!) from Sound of Music
I Can Cook, Too from On the Town

re: Nunsense
 Jul 30 2004, 12:52:02 PM
Try the Drama Book Shop (link to follow), if you're looking to buy (although, it might be out-of-print right now?).
Otherwise try a library!

re: have you heard of this school? I need help
 Jul 30 2004, 09:23:52 AM
Are you referring to their 2-year program? Or their classes?
I've taken some classes (the commercial course & the continuing commercial course) there & had good teachers. Also, alot of casting happens there & I've met some casting directors while waiting for class to start (which is always good!).

re: I got my ASSASSINS CD today....
 Jul 27 2004, 03:06:52 PM
Maybe not gay, maybe just very, very flamboyant...
heehee!

To correct myself before someone else does...
 Jun 30 2004, 12:18:12 PM
I love this show, have seen it multiple times, wish it would keep running, but it was intended as a limited run anyway. So, obviously it was a nice suprise to the Roundabout that more people wanted to see it & extend it past its original closing date.
It's not your typical plot & it is a tough draw unless you actually know what it's about to begin with. I'm just glad I got to see it.

re: has anyone read the actual wicked book?
 Jun 25 2004, 12:04:45 PM
For some reason I started hysterically snorting at my reception desk at my temp job.
Thanks for the giggle, Papa, during my otherwise deathly boring job!

re: Has anyone read the actual Wicked book?
 Jun 25 2004, 10:42:48 AM
Having worked in children's books off & on for 10 years, I would say the book is not appropriate for the majority of 10 year olds. Greg (yes, I've met him numerous times & can call him that) didn't intend the book for kids, so it does have mature situations.
That being said, every kid is different. I read the anthropologic p*rn of The Clan of the Cave Bear in 5th grade, knew it was totally inappropriate, but don't think it warped me too much. :)
& definitely read all the Oz books if y

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You