News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for retrogirl44

retrogirl44 Profile Photo
Member Name: retrogirl44
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Smile
 Jul 26 2007, 01:35:04 AM
thanks for that wonderful info...and to the OP...now i'm going to add it to my netflix. Haven't watched this in years. I remember though, the small but fabulous part of the choreographer, expertly cast and played by Michael Kidd! I always felt that these 70's sharp satires were never fully appreciated. I have to admit that those were my college years, and I still love that genre. With the right cast (and perfection is difficult these days), SMILE is ripe for a revival, yet satire is very
re: STAGE DOOR QUESTION - I'm just curious. Has anyone here...
 Jul 25 2007, 11:38:25 PM
of course..it's a free country. The sidewalk's free, even though the theatre's security may employ barricades if it's a popular show. Go everywhere !!
re: Smile
 Jul 25 2007, 11:25:45 PM
I saw this and loved it..i have no idea why it failed, except that it was supposed to be highly satirical, and perhaps was not perceived by the general public to be so. Watch the movie, which was, and IS hilarious. Expertly directed IMHO> And what ever happened to Marsha Waterbury, who was in this?? Anyone?
re: BWW Help
 Jul 25 2007, 07:43:22 PM
have no idea, but let me know if you find out. Same problem, however, I only Log In with one e-mail and password. That's the one I use all the time. Good luck.
re: Hilton to Star in Film Adaptation of THE APPLE TREE
 Jul 25 2007, 07:36:14 PM
...calling Barry and Fran W...
re: Azaria and Simpson to Star in Sorkin's 'Farnsworth Invention' at Music
 Jul 25 2007, 07:33:05 PM
I read this post's title, and thought: Wow, I didn't know OJ Simpson was gonna be in a Bway play !?!?! Now, THAT would sell tix, !! (Lol)
re: gypsy playbills
 Jul 25 2007, 01:47:28 PM
..typo on my address: it's retrogirl44K@yahoo.com
re: SPAMALOT :-)
 Jul 25 2007, 12:46:54 AM
They're perfect. Better than orch, in my humble opinion. For musicals, rows A-D Mezz are the best. Have fun !!
triumph the insult comic dog at the tonys!
 Jun 15 2007, 12:37:40 AM
Who the hell was that TB guy?
triumph the insult comic dog at the tonys!
 Jun 15 2007, 12:33:35 AM
yeah, REALLY !!
re: goofy musical theatre website
 Jun 14 2007, 07:55:23 PM
I wish I had thought up this extremely creative guerilla marketing for Altar Boyz! Wow! Job well done...
re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D
 Jun 14 2007, 07:48:08 PM
Sorry, I meant the # 1 line.
 Jun 14 2007, 07:46:31 PM
Take the 8th Ave. subway line to last stop. Walk about 2 blocks, you'll be at the ferry. Buy your breakfast anywhere on the way down. the ferry's free and fantastic. When you get to staten Island, just hop back on, and the view back to southern Manhattan is breathtaking !! Also great to do at sunset, about 8-9 pm.
re: The Cort Curse Continues
 Jun 14 2007, 02:37:04 AM
in the "old days" before the internet, it would be exciting going to the NYTimes bldg at 12:30-1 am waiting for the reviews. We are in the age of information overload.
 Jun 13 2007, 11:23:14 PM
Okay... BTW nobody mentioned going to the upper west side, ZABAR's and Fairway, to be exact. A REAL NY experience, an institution, a NY DELI unparalled for more than 5 decades. You absolutely must have a bagel/nova/cream cheese there, then you
become "initiated". These places are FANTASTIC!! and 2 city blocks long. The people watching is amazing, and the quantity and quality of goods is not to be believed. If your'e a "foodie", don't miss. (I'm a native)

Jun 13 2007, 09:56:40 PM
going to Joe Allens is always better AFTER the show! More fun, buzz, celebs (often)..
IMHO, I don't really know why "WTC" cemetary is a tourist destination. I've lived here forever, and never want to see that. but that's just me. I think it's a waste of valuable tourist time. Like I said: IMHO.
Don't try to do TOO much. What you want to do is walk around specific neighborhoods, stop for a drink outside, chat with the locals, etc. You'll get more of the "flavor"

re: A Brit's take on American ticket systems
 Jun 13 2007, 09:45:07 PM
good points!
re: Telecharge Purposely Blocking Best Buyers from Website!
 Jun 13 2007, 08:57:56 PM
the only way you can understand these "systems" completely is to actually work for these companies.
re: Telecharge Purposely Blocking Best Buyers from Website!
 Jun 13 2007, 08:54:16 PM
...sort of...it depends on where the "price break" is i.e which section, row)", day, month, etc. Weekdays are always easier to get, Jan., Feb., March (same). Holidays, weekends are always more popular, thusly, more difficult, naturally to get what you want. Strategy: always have about 5 diff. dates or more, the searches they do for those dates might yield better results. And also, remember that Telecharge handles thousands of nat'l and int'l calls an hour, so availability is constantly changi
re: The Cort Curse Continues
 Jun 13 2007, 08:28:51 PM
Blue Room with Nicole Kidman..big success !
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You