News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for rock00

rock00 Profile Photo
Member Name: rock00
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Would This Steam You, Too?
 Jul 21 2007, 08:53:44 PM
"The part of Hope went to a girl who is an alto. An ALTO. Obviously, she must know the director because Hope is a soprano."

Yes, obviously anyone who beats you out for a part got it because they know someone.

Oh, brother...

re: Favorite CAT?
 Jul 15 2007, 06:46:01 PM
"Easy.....Skimbleshanks"

Agreed.

re: Lengthy Opening Numbers that Do and Don't Work...
 Jun 27 2007, 10:33:22 PM
The opening of The Secret Garden is pretty long, but beautiful.
re: Old Showboat Special
 Feb 3 2007, 03:55:19 PM
I remember these with Pat Collins! I think I have Cyrano and Kiss of the Spider Woman on some old vhs tape somewhere...
re: The Goodbye Girl Discussion
 Feb 3 2007, 03:53:34 PM
"Surprisingly, Columbia has let the sparkling OCR slip out-of-print. Too bad, its one of those very enjoyable cast albums that really make you want to see the show."

FYI, the recording is on itunes if people are looking for it. :)

re: Just a thought...
 Apr 15 2006, 01:48:08 PM
You mean like when people like tottaly post on like a message board and then like go back and read it and are like that's like me and I like wrote that like you know what I mean like like that like? Just a random thought I had while reading your post.lol.
re: Jesus Christ Superstar: Dream Cast
 Apr 13 2006, 01:32:06 AM
"I also wonder if Hugh Panaro could a rock tone to his voice because he'd be an intresting judas I think."

FYI, Hugh played Jesus many years ago and was phenominal in the part. I don't know that his voice has the edge for Judas, but his tenor is perfect for Gethsemane and the high parts that Jesus has.

re: My Lestat Experience - It wasn't so bad...
 Apr 12 2006, 11:31:25 PM
Does anyone know what music/song has been added to the end of Act One? Hugh mentions having to learn two new verses for a new song going in to the end of Act One (which it desperately needs).

How sad is it that as much as I disliked this show, I have a feeling I'll be seeing it again after 4/25 just to see what the final version ended up being?

re: Norbert Leo Butz's Sitcom
 Apr 11 2006, 08:09:33 PM
I hope it's a makeover show and every week they fix that awful pie-face of his.

re: Help: Tenor Show-Stopping Solos
 Apr 8 2006, 02:02:16 PM
I'm confused. Is this a thread about songs that are written for the tenor voice or a thread about whether or not a baritone can be cast in a tenor role or vice-versa?

FYI, Anthem is way overdone if you're using it for an audition. The last musical audition I was at, I heard it no less than three times.

Also, I don't know that sheet music is available for the middle section of Oh What A Circus outside of the actual score. At least I didn't have any luck trying to find it a f

re: Recording Cast Recordings
 Apr 8 2006, 04:15:11 AM
I don't know firsthand, but the impression I've always gotten was that it's very turn and burn. They're not cheap to record, so I think they're very get in, sing the song through and, barring any major errors, call it a day.

Like I said, that's just my assumption.

re: Norm Lewis: Les Miz revival's Javert?
 Apr 8 2006, 01:52:26 AM
I wouldn't have thought to say Norm Lewis if someone had asked me who I'd want to play Javert, but it really is perfect. I'm a little over the whole "Stokes" thing.

Last rumor I heard was that Craig Schulman was "in talks" to play Valjean (not a marque name, but solid).

I'd imagine they'll record the show again. There isn't an English language show out there that reflects the cuts and slight lyric changes that were made and they do some to like recording this show. Plus, it'

Apr 7 2006, 11:40:21 PM
I forgot to ask what this was for. Some songs are fine for concerts but not so good for auditions.

Valjean is not a tenor? Valjean sings high A's & B-flats (Bring Him Home, Soliloquy) and a High-B (Who Am I?). That's absolutely a tenor role. You're nuts if you're going to call it baritone or anything else.

Bring Him Home is a good example of what I asked above. It'd be good concert material, but I wouldn't use it for an audition.

re: calling all FLOP COLLECTORS! i really need you!
 Apr 7 2006, 11:32:25 PM
FYI, Roger Rees was fired during previews of Red Shoes and replaced with Steve Barton. I seem to remember there were very long stretches of ballet for a musical. Sadly, the first of many "new" musicals with Hugh Panaro that didn't make it. Hey, maybe Hugh's the Ted McGinley of Broadway?
 Apr 7 2006, 11:23:58 PM
Depends on how high you want to go and your own personal tastes. However, all of these are pretty good (in my opinion)...

Streets of Dublin - A Man of No Importance
Love Changes Everything - Aspects of Love
What Is It About Her? - The Wild Party (Lippa)
Valjean's Soliloquy (What Have I Done?) - Les Miserables

And if you have the range and feel like going super high, there's always things like Gethsemane from Superstar or Pity The Child from Chess.

You may

re: Norm Lewis: Les Miz revival's Javert?
 Apr 7 2006, 11:18:35 PM
If he announced it himself, then it sounds pretty legit. I sure hope it is. He'll be incredible!
re: Lestat 4/3/06: The Crimson Kiss of Death
 Apr 4 2006, 11:02:41 PM
I can't believe there are people online talking about how "great" and "wonderful" this show is. This scares me. Theater is only as awful as the people who allow it to continue and the fact that anyone enjoyed this show just encourages more people to put more crap on the boards.

However, since according to Walt you're not allowed an opinion without some sort of fact to back it up, let me try to go through what's wrong with the show point by point:

1. Hugh Panaro, the actor. I

re: Any Lestat Supporters?
 Apr 3 2006, 09:57:06 PM
Really, REALLY wanted to like it, but it's just a mess. The SF version was much closer to a good show (despite it's problems). Having said that, Hugh Panaro sings the hell out of the score (even if his acting leaves a lot to be desired) and several of the songs have been stuck in my head, so I'll give it that.

I say if you can get cheap seats, then go. It's worth seeing if for no other reason than to form your own opinion. However, I personally wouldn't recommend paying top dollar f

re: Lestat petition save the play!!(bad musical changes
 Apr 2 2006, 04:29:01 AM
"How you can end a musical number without a song is beyond me"

Obviously, I was drunk when I wrote this. What I meant to say was "how you can end a musical without a musical number is beyond me."

PS - I just read that sentence 4 times to make sure I got it right this time. Punchin' Out.

re: Lestat petition save the play!!(bad musical changes
 Apr 1 2006, 04:35:58 PM
Despite the awful writing (and they idea that you can "petition" creative people to restore a show to the way that you the audience member wants it), I actually agree with what they're talking about. The SF version had problems, but at least it made sense for the most part. The NY version is a mess (and how you end a musical number without a song is beyond me)...
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You