News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Andante

Andante Profile Photo
Member Name: Andante
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: http://www.broadwayworld.com
Blog Address:
Profile: I love musicals; there ya have it. I'm also an actress-singer-dancer, though I'm not a professional by any means. I'm a recent McDaniel College graduate: majored in history, minored in theatre, with dabblings in French and voice.

I'm a friendly person, so if you ever wanna just say hi, feel free to do so! :D

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Caroline Bowman
 Oct 21 2011, 11:50:50 PM
I did a production of Aida with Caroline in 2005; glad to see she is making it big. She's super talented, and super nice :)
Jennifer Hope Wills to exit PHANTOM September 4
 Aug 7 2010, 02:29:17 PM
Nothing but best wishes for Jennifer: she is a truly wonderful Christine Daae.

I'd be interested to hear news of a replacement as well: perhaps Raab will get promoted to full-time Christine? Orthey'll bring back Julie Hanson? :)

re: What Musical Theatre Song Is Your Top Played on iTunes?
 Aug 4 2010, 10:56:28 PM
Music of the Night- Phantom of the Opera Highlights CD (aka the one with the better lyrics)

Followed closely by Can't Help Falling in Love from All Shook Up, Elaborate Lives from Aida, and One Day More from Les Miz.

Dining in the Theatre District?
 Jul 10 2010, 12:24:11 AM
You should be fine with a walk-in; Ellen's does take reservations, but that's primarily for large groups.
Mini-Review
 Jul 4 2010, 09:39:11 PM
Thanks for the review! Like you, I saw the NT in 2004, when Mauer and Southard were Phantom and Christine. The tour came back to Baltimore a few months ago, and I was lucky enough to see the show again; the exact same thing happened with the drape getting stuck on the proscenium at our shows too!

SHOWS YOU HAVE SEEN MORE THAN ONCE
 Jul 4 2010, 09:35:57 PM
Phantom of the Opera- 7 (4 tour, 3 B'way)
Hairspray- 2 (1 tour, 1 B'way)
The Lion King- 3 (1 tour, 2 B'way)
Avenue Q- 2 (1 tour, 1 B'way)
CATS- 3 (1 tour, 2 NT)

I'm not counting regional and HS theatre productions. Those various repeat productions would include West Side Story, Music Man, Joseph...Dreamcoat, etc.

1776 on now!
 Jul 4 2010, 09:20:42 PM
One of my 4th of July rituals; love this movie-musical!
Disappointments
 Jul 4 2010, 08:34:41 PM
Billy Elliot- My roommate was obsessed with the show, and played it non-stop, so I was in an even more sour mood when we saw it on a break from school. I just did NOT enjoy the show, nor all the hype around it.

Wicked- It's just a big, flashy, multi-million-dollar production to me.

And I've said this before but In the Heights isn't my kind of show, either.

Cheap Phantom Tix
 Jun 27 2010, 08:48:34 PM
Apologies, LC.

To answer your question, phantomvegas, John Cudia is quite a good Phantom. I saw him for the first time on Wednesday and, having seen his Raoul, was impressed with his potrayal.

Cheap Phantom Tix
 Jun 27 2010, 05:30:06 PM
There's such a thing as cheap Phantom tickets? HA what a laugh.

In all seriousness, most of the orch. tickets to Phantom are full price, no matter what outlet you go from; Andrew Lloyd Webber is probably the only composer on Broadway whose shows don't offer any sort of discount or special offer.

You can try to go to the box office for a day of show, but that might be a little precarious; I did that when I was in the city for a day trip earlier this week, and the best I coul

Laura Bell Bundy Heading Back to Broadway?
 Jun 27 2010, 01:37:29 AM
Phantom of the Country Opera!...oh wait...
Andrew Lloyd Webber - Alchoholic
 Jun 27 2010, 01:26:37 AM
I'm one of few who enjoys ALW musicals and has high respect for him, but I'm not the least bit surprised by Patti's allegations.
I think I'm going to buy the audiobook as well: a great present for my 21st...along with a beer, to appease Mr. Webber.

Remember When Montego Glover Lost the Tony to Catherine Zeta-Jones
 Jun 24 2010, 06:56:54 PM
I think this thread should be renamed "Remember when a bunch of Hollywood people wony Tonys and set Hunter Foster off into a frenzy?" Yeahh...
Broadway Lyrics that Make No Earthly Sense
 Jun 23 2010, 11:50:30 PM
Anything from CATS.
When I listened to it (mind you, this was before I had read the T.S. Eliot work and saw the show), I ws thoroughly and utterly confused, as I'm sure many are still today.

Lordy, lordy, this is hilarious...
 Jun 19 2010, 02:46:28 PM
I previewed only the first three tracks; I can't get through the rest of them because I'm laughing so hard.
Favorite Sean Hayes Jokes on the TONYS
 Jun 19 2010, 02:42:22 PM
I don't remember the pun after the initial entrance, but the whole Spiderman gag was hilarious.
Dixie Carter Passes
 Apr 11 2010, 01:49:00 AM
I am not that familiar with a lot of Carter's work (having only seen her as crazy mama Hodge on Desperate Housewives), but from what I did see, she was a fantastic actress with a lot of experience to her credit.
May she R.I.P.

Derw Lachey to play Corny Collins in Pittsburgh CLO's Hairspray
 Apr 10 2010, 01:10:15 AM
Well he certainly couldn't play Link...

I think he'll do a decent job of the role. I was pleasantly surprised by Lance Bass' turn as Corny Collins on Broadway a few years back, so who knows?

Go Ragtime!
 Apr 6 2010, 10:23:58 AM
Congrats to Ragtime and to Parker Drown!

Andrew Lloyd Webber - Lloyd Webber: 'Brightman Isn't The Marrying Sort'
 Apr 5 2010, 10:02:24 PM
Wow, someone is still obsessed with his ex...
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You