News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Ivan2

Ivan2 Profile Photo
Member Name: Ivan2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: www.myspace.com/musicallover101

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Sweeney Todd Non-Equity Tour
 Oct 7 2008, 08:59:12 AM
Hey, does anyone know where the information for the non-equity tour of Sweeney Todd? I mean as in a website, I can't figure out where their cast/schedule is posted online. Thanks!
re: Hollywood Bowl on TV?
 Aug 4 2008, 01:03:22 AM
I heard that she jumps due to one of the balloons used in the finale popping, there for causing the bang :-X
re: Together Wherever We Go-Gypsy-CD Version
 Aug 3 2008, 04:22:48 AM
I like Together Wherever We Go but some of the other tracks I don't care for. I really feel that the Lupone factor is something that must be experienced in person. And though I love her, I can't stand listening to the Some People on this CD. So in all fairness, I probably won't. It's not the vocals at all! It's really all about whenever Lupone speaks as compared to sings, I don't feel the emotion when she speaks on the CD as opposed to live.

Some People sounds too bipolar. Her singing is superb and energetic and her speaking SOUNDS overacted, like a mom who is reading over lines with you before an audition.

If Mama Was Married still gives me chills and I LOVE listening to their harmonies! AH!

Everything's Coming Up Roses is spectacular. You really get her emotion throughout the entire thing, I can't get enough!

Together Wherever We Go is very accurately portrayed, I love this one too.

Rose's Turn sounds great in probably, 85% of the song, in my opinion. Other parts I think it's hard to understand why she's acting the way she is when you haven't seen the show. For those of us who have it's not a big deal, because we've experience Lupone in action!

These, of course, are just my opinion and are not expected to hold true to every individual

re: The standing ovation is a filthy American habit.
 Aug 3 2008, 04:02:50 AM
You know, to an extent I agree about it being overused. The only reason I stand is because I can't see what's happening when everyone else does, and if I DON'T stand it doesn't mean people will catch on. The ovation really was designed for truly spectacular performances and I would not have given an ovation for Little Mermaid, Xanadu, Legally Blonde, RENT, or the last performance I saw of Wicked.

However, Patti Lupone after Rose's Turn...

re: Hal Luftig Says He'd do LB: Movie Musical
 Jul 30 2008, 02:20:53 PM
I'm not mad about this. I'm disappointed that this is what everyday people are like. When you're a Broadway junkie (or tour junkie) you know what a good show is but the general public they see Legally Blonde and think that that is a good show. Then when they go see a real show (yeah, I said it), they compare it to Legally Blonde rather than the other way around. Why can't they just film Gypsy again?
re: Hairspray drama!!!
 Jul 30 2008, 02:18:16 PM
I still find it entertaining how you can tell when the press knowns anything about Broadway. My favorite statement is that they are starring in Hairspray. Really? Starring?
re: How Long Do You Think [title of show] will Last
 Jul 29 2008, 09:20:27 PM
I too, wish they would have been able to take advantage of Circle in the Square. The show is creative and would pair perfectly with the creative space. It's not as big, meaning less money to rent. I think the show sounds great, as I've never seen it, but I would think I would feel like a lot of it is lost in such a big space. It too, wish that they'll pack up and move to Circle in the Square just to take advantage of it's ability to bring more out of the show than traditional theatres can. And t
re: How is the current cast of WICKED?
 Jul 29 2008, 09:16:44 PM
Meh, a little bit. You can hear her accent coming out sometimes but for the most part you can't really tell. After seeing Wicked 6 times I may just be getting tired of it, but when I saw it I had NO understudies. I just was bored. I think that the energy of the cast is dwindling and for whatever reason I feel like the stage of it used to be "deeper" that it now is. In emotion I mean.

Kendra: Kendra is my FAVORITE G(a)linda. She's funny and though she's not a soprano she still effortless

re: Gypsy Pre-Show Announcement
 Jul 2 2008, 12:57:16 AM
Alright, I read the posts and I get it now. Unfortunately the search function on this board has got to be the worst I've ever used. You can search twenty different terms and not find anything. Thanks all.
Gypsy Pre-Show Announcement
 Jul 2 2008, 12:53:16 AM
When they are giving the announcement before the show to turn off pagers and cell phones, do they always try getting a reaction from the audience by saying "Patti Lupone has injured her foot... therefore, she'll be performing the show wearing isotoners (sp?)"?

If not, can anyone confirm she did hurt her foot?

re: Mamma Mia- Donna Question
 Jul 2 2008, 12:51:07 AM
That really funny you talk about "the girl with the golden hair" because when I saw it on Sunday evening I leaned over and whispered to my cousin I was seeing the show with: She doesn't have blonde hair.

I was a little bit confused at that part, but then I figured it was just a reference to blondes seem to be more desirable, and how now 3 men wanted to be her dad.

Also, off topic, was the show in London first? If not, why is the CD all sung with British accents? Ha ha.

re: Gypsy Seating Question:
 Jul 1 2008, 11:25:30 PM
I would agree. The St. James isn't terrible deep so sitting in row T is definately not a big deal. Reallisticaly they're about equivilant but one is up a level, which I'm sure you know. It all comes down to preference. Sitting in row T may cut off a bit of the upper stage but as that isn't every used in the show, you wouldn't miss anything.

So as I said: row T would be my preference.

Paper Mill Rush
 Jun 4 2008, 01:56:37 AM
Anyone done it? I wanted to try for a Friday night of Little Shop of Horrors but I don't know if they sell out or not. Tips?
re: Wicked to Launch Second National Tour in March
 May 22 2008, 02:10:36 PM
Is there a reason that they wouldn't just keep both of the versions the same? Is it for theatre selection purposes or what?

Also, whenever I see the company songs of Wicked, I always feel like there aren't enough chorus members. Anyone else feel this way?

Sorry to ask: Jennifer Hope Wills
 Apr 4 2008, 12:04:45 PM
Does anyone know if she's going to be in Phantom in through the summer at all? Her schedule ends the last day of May but I don't know if she just hasn't had it updated yet or if that's actually the day she's scheduled until. Help anyone?
[tos] understudies?
 Apr 4 2008, 01:22:10 AM
So if an understudy is on in [title of show], do they use the understudies name or still use the regular names for the characters? Also, anyone think that it may not be the same to see it on Broadway considering that it actually is on Broadway rather than still trying to get there?
Box Seating
 Apr 1 2008, 02:33:52 PM
As a theatre buff, I know that box seats are definately not reccomended, but if I wanted to buy some for Mary Poppins or other shows out there, is there a way to buy them while not in NYC. If I am going in June and I live in Minneapolis, it's unreasonable to think of going out to buy the tickets, but I wanted box seats for Mary Poppins. Is there a way to pay someone in the city to get them for you?
re: Wicked to lauch second tour.
 Apr 1 2008, 02:31:45 PM
As fun as the dragon is, it wouldn't be such a crime to just dispose of the whole thing. It's only ever used about three times and when it's not in use it just looks tacky. The tour should especially just pitch the whole idea, as the mechanized Dragon is no fun at all. The trapdoor for Dorothy I don't care for either. I love the show, but a lot of the effects could be easily replaced with just as spectacular ones that are easier to produce.
re: The Lunt-Fontanne Theatre
 Apr 1 2008, 02:19:18 PM
Thank you so much! I just got really nervous. I'm sitting in row L which is the last row on house-left. I was nervous after reading some reviews but it's hard to find any poster on here that can really answer a question for the life of them. Some people claim it's very far back, but what about when you're hometown theatres go back to row HH (behind single-lettered orchestra) and you're used to sitting there. I'd like to think that my view won't be so different distance wise.
Unpopular Opinions You Hold
 Apr 1 2008, 02:16:45 PM
Fantasia should be replaced with someone who has talent to play Celie in the movie.

Spring Awakening was the biggest disappointment I've seen on Broadway.

People on this board are overly tempermental. If you can't stand the heat of people repeatedly asking questions, join a different board.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You