News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for RadiGal2

RadiGal2 Profile Photo
Member Name: RadiGal2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Pride and Prejudice Musical
 Jun 13 2007, 11:42:00 PM
I always thought a Clueless-like modern version [don't ask me why; but I always picture it taking place in n Lake Forest area of Chicago] might be a clever spin for a musical, but doing it as written I can't see working out well.
re: things in musicals you like that irk you to no end
 May 11 2007, 03:22:26 PM
I just hate they way they burst into song..it's so unrealistic.

he he
kidding...
but, one of my bigger complaints about movie musicals that lately they seem almost apologetic about being one...just one example that comes to mind was in Chicago during Mama Morten's solo they spent more time in the drab prison wear and the sudden jerking back and forth between the nightclub and prison was off-putting.

re: Most memorable dance moments in musicals?
 May 3 2007, 01:29:04 PM
While not inspired choreography I truly love the scene in Moulin Rouge when the Bohemians are outlining Spectacular, Spectacular -- I laughed every time I see it.
re: Cabaret returns to Studio 54
 May 2 2007, 02:07:58 PM
The reality of this is beginning to sink in. I still feel a bit dizzy at the prospect of seeing this with Alan as I'd so much desired in 1998...I could hardly dare to have imagined this actually happening. And now my son is more than old enough to come and enjoy it too, it's like a dream come true! We are so there.
re: Cabaret returns to Studio 54
 May 2 2007, 11:31:28 AM
Seriously. For once in my life I don't have one inkling about what to say. Wow.

re: Something Ben Brantley helped me to realize
 May 1 2007, 08:05:58 PM
Consider that is also has a lot to do with opportunity (it's expensive after all) and exposure...(we don't *all* live tin The City, sad as that may be...and let's face it not all community theater is a good thing.)

re: Something Ben Brantley helped me to realize
 May 1 2007, 02:37:03 AM
I'm not sure about that...my son has a deep appreciation for musical theater, and while he accepts people think he is a gay theater geek because his radio (and mine) is almost constantly tuned to Sirius 77-- his standard response is "it's a lot better that the crap that's on channel 01.".

He has no problem revealing what's on his iPod which is full of Ave Q, Fiddler, Cabaret (soundtrack and 1998 recording), Mame, heck I've lost track of what's there anymore --- the point is well over 5

re: Shows you wished you had seen.
 Apr 16 2007, 07:25:14 PM
Need I say 1996 Cabaret revival with Alan Cumming?
Seems as I've only mentioned in in every tenth post...

but a few others I would have loved to see:
Sweeney Todd OBC
A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum -- Nathan Lane revival
Nine OBC (Oh, to have seen Raul Julia onstage just once)
Chicago OBC (same sentiment for Jerry.....)

re: NINE Film Casting Rumors from Page Six
 Apr 16 2007, 10:16:46 AM
Harvey is obsessed with his Shiksa's; this much I know for fact-- which explains Paltrow and Zellweger but I can think of no logic whatsoever that could explain why George Clooney. That would be misery.
re: Copyright question/dilemma
 Apr 3 2007, 04:13:47 PM
PM -- Seriously as a parent -- I would MUCH prefer to see my son explore prejudice, oppression, and yes gender-bending sexuality in Cabaret than say Grease which is prosaic, but that's just me and frankly, most other parents fear my influence on their children so I am probably not the right person to ask.
re: Dream Directors For Movie Musicals
 Apr 1 2007, 06:54:22 PM
Mike Figgis or Sam Mendes (though just based on filming and capturing the sheer intimacy of a scene I'd give Figgis the edge) for Cabaret.
re: Gymnast Dominique Dawes in Grease
 Mar 27 2007, 04:45:32 PM
ashley - -- that's sweet, thanks. Call me a stickler if you will, but one ought never compare apples to oranges.
 Mar 27 2007, 03:56:47 PM
"Yep.
Those would be the ones who can't cut it in Optionals."

Or maybe they would be the ones who want to have a life.

Let me just clarify myself a bit-
I have nothing against cheerleading...indeed the irony is I actively try to encourage C go to college on a cheerleading scholarship rather than to pursue gymnastics after high school for exactly that reason,. I want her to have a life, alas she is only 10 and her only goal is to make the elite level so the

Mar 27 2007, 12:56:18 AM
Yep.
Those would be the ones who can't cut it in Optionals.

Mar 26 2007, 08:17:36 PM
ashley-
I think it was drawing a comparisson, the two have a lot of similarities, and, at least at the school level, a lot do both.

I can say with all confidence that C has no time for cheerleading -- in fact she only gets three weeks off from 20-26 hours per week of training during the year. One in Spring, one in summer one between Christmas and New Years...
and once they go Optional they only get one week off.

Mar 26 2007, 05:35:39 PM
Didn't see it, but Dawes was a cutie and as the mother of a gymnast I can tell you they are Drama Queens and well trained performers... As I recall the strength of her floor routine was knowing how to play to the crowd.
Favorite Musical Villians/Villianesses
 Mar 22 2007, 04:04:47 AM
Macheath from The Threepenny Opera
Musical Heroes
 Mar 21 2007, 01:43:47 AM
I can think of a lot of voices that reach in and touch my soul-- but the first time I was ever moved, really moved to tears was Ellen Greene belting Suddenly Seymour in the movie LSOH-- I still get gooseflesh when I think of it.

I would have happily given a limb to see her perform it live.

re: weird ideas for musicals
 Mar 15 2007, 01:21:54 PM
I love that one-- it was optioned by Disney (which was really odd) shortly after its release and never went anywhere...which is sad...I hope you make progress on it..it's one his the best I think the only one I don't just love is Bloodsucking Fiends, as a result I have not raced right out to buy Bite Me but I will get round to it.
re: weird ideas for musicals
 Mar 15 2007, 03:43:08 AM
I could count I one hand the number of male fiction authors that I read and relate too...Chris Moore is up there; which book are you looking to adapt?
On a personal note I have to say that I believe he needs add a caveat on his website and admit that one woman; Laurie Notaro, has indeed mastered the art of being universally funny.

Speaking of Laurie (I'm having a stoke-- a stroke of genius)-- Idiot Girls: The Musical.

The Idiot Girls' Action-Adventure Club: True Tale

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You