News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for once a month

once a month Profile Photo
Member Name: once a month
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: I try to see a NY show a month, mostly musicals, and have been to over 350.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Loudest gasp you've heard in the theatre  Feb 20 2020, 09:00:53 PM

When Jude Law stood up, dripping wet and naked in a bathtub in the daring play Indiscretians. 

oh wait, maybe it was ME gasping! 

John Lithgow's Best Broadway Performance  Feb 20 2020, 08:56:42 PM

M Butterfly

He played confused very well.

Musicals most Thepeople hated, but you liked  May 29 2019, 09:34:09 PM

Bombay Dreams

Grand Hotel vs City of Angels  May 5 2019, 08:13:04 PM

I saw both original productions the same day. I enjoyed both but felt each was lacking....something. To be honest, I thought together they made a perfect show, lol. The music from City of Angels and the seamless dancing of Grand Hotel was a wonderful day of theatre. Neither made my top ten list however, I’m just eternally grateful to have experienced both Michael Jeter and David Carroll, who I absolutely loved in Chess. 

Grand Hotel vs City of Angels  May 5 2019, 08:13:02 PM

I saw both original productions the same day. I enjoyed both but felt each was lacking....something. To be honest, I thought together they made a perfect show, lol. The music from City of Angels and the seamless dancing of Grand Hotel was a wonderful day of theatre. Neither made my top ten list however, I’m just eternally grateful to have experienced both Michael Jeter and David Carroll, who I absolutely loved in Chess. 

Next  Oct 8 2018, 08:57:17 PM

Dirty Rotten Scoundrals or Drowsey Chaperone

Next  Oct 8 2018, 08:57:15 PM

Dirty Rotten Scoundrals or Drowsey Chaperone

Best Musicals NOT recouping?  Sep 10 2018, 11:48:27 AM

Thanks for posting! I'm surprised! I've seen all mentioned, and enjoyed all of them but one. Let's hope they ALL recoup...

Best Musicals NOT recouping?  Sep 10 2018, 10:27:51 AM

News of The Band's Visit recouping made me wonder, which best musical winners have failed to recoup on Broadway? 

Musical Theatre Songs You Never Want To Hear Again  Aug 26 2018, 09:54:48 AM

Kinky Boots, any number

Hello Dolly ticket  Nov 19 2017, 08:24:12 PM

Hello

how would this work? Will you be at the same performance for us to connect and for me to pay you?

phil in NJ

Hello Dolly ticket  Nov 19 2017, 08:00:14 PM

Did dolly pop cop the Dugat? If not, how much are you asking?

Technichal Mess-Ups  Oct 26 2017, 04:31:15 PM

Starlight Express, very late preview after having opening night shuffled, the bridge over the stage shifted. They evacuated the upper levels of the set one actor at a time,  and all the cast sang the final number from the stage floor, skating in a circular motion. I sat across from Andrew Lloyd Webber and Sarah Brightman, both in major furs who promptly walked out.

Broadway Guilty Pleasures  Jul 2 2017, 08:18:17 PM

Bombay Dreams

(title of show)

ANY Charles Busch vehicle

Favourite Guilty Pleasure Musical  Jan 24 2017, 06:57:54 PM

Bombay Dreams

and the already mentioned

Chess, starlight Express, Urinetown, wedding Singer, Priscilla, Xanadu, Rocky Horror Show

How Many Playbills Do You Have?  Jan 7 2017, 07:11:29 PM

I'm in my 19th Playbill binder, as well as 3rd special edition Playbill binder.

What Sondheim musicals  Nov 24 2016, 02:37:09 PM

It sure ain't Passion!

anyone see his non musical, Getting Away with Murder? Christine Ebersole, Terrance Mann...I forget the rest.

Andrea Martin Appreciation  Oct 6 2016, 04:20:38 PM

The highlight of Young Frankenstein, a hoot  as Golda with Harvey in Fiddler, and wonderful in Exit the King and Act One. I loved her in Pippin and had the honor of meeting her and being a part of her chorus in No Time at All on the Pippin CD. I just love me some Andrea Martin!

Shows you've walked out of  Oct 5 2016, 06:04:57 PM

In 45 years of theatre going...

I ought to be in Pictures

Marie Christine

Woman in White

The Goodbye Girl

Leap of Faith

re: What's the deal with 'Amour'?  Sep 2 2016, 09:00:35 AM

I also saw this show and enjoyed it. Leaving the theatre that evening, people were just underwhelmed. More than once I heard...It sure isn't Hairspray!  As much as I liked it, I felt other smaller shows such as Once on this Island and Urinetown were much more entertaining, and at that performance Malcolm had trouble getting through the wall so he merely sidestepped it, lol. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You