News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for twinklingstar

twinklingstar Profile Photo
Member Name: twinklingstar
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

SWEENEY TODD Revival announces further casting
 Feb 26 2023, 08:17:40 PM

You do realize you saw a first preview of a Broadway show? Mic issues are expected.

"Not at 300 and not on Broadway!” Maybe in Detroit…

Still a first preview. You want a clean show don't go to first preview. Half the reason people go to 1st previews is to see if something goes wrong and there is a show stop. By the last week of previews things are pretty well set. And they charge that much because people pay that much. Previews use

SWEENEY TODD Revival announces further casting
 Feb 25 2023, 07:03:19 PM

FANtomFollies said: "Is there an invited dress tomorrow (Saturday the 25)? If so, is anyone from the boards attending?"

There is a dress rehearsal but not an invited dress.

COVID performance cancellations
 Dec 19 2021, 08:50:52 PM

BroadwayGirl107 said: "ivy3 said: "

I mean, given the events of the past week, if indeed we’re talking something like 19 cases in a cast, I would cancel. If it’s one person? Or two? I’d send them home—probably for the entirety of the estimated incubation period and until they get negative tests back after that.

Speaking of, that truly is the other big question mark for me. If we’re taking testing and spreading that s

Musicals most people hated, but you liked
 May 22 2019, 09:30:01 PM
I really liked Lestat. The show was a mess but the songs and actors were great. I'm still sad that they never released the cast recording. They recorded and were doing pre-sales at the theater but ended up pulling the plug.

Adaptations You Would Like To See?
 May 16 2019, 08:30:35 PM
I've been wanting to see Neil Gaiman's novel "The Graveyard Book" adapted into a musical for years. It's just so fun and perfect.
re: NEXT TO NORMAL Reviews
 Feb 14 2008, 10:06:33 AM
I'm amazed at how many reviews have given away what I consider the key plot twist. Had I known the twist coming in I would not have enjoyed the show as much as I did. The discovery about Gabe completely changed the way I saw the show and even though there were some issues in the way it was revealed (Natalie's unnecessary lines), it was still a wonderful and moving moment.

Also, the reason I see Brantley's review as quite positive is because there are a lot of very positive lines which

Hilarious Comments...
 Apr 29 2007, 01:00:04 PM
My ex who is currently 19 tried to convince me that he saw the original cast of POTO.

He also walked into my room while "Send in the Clowns" was playing Him: That doesn't sound like Streisand
Me: It's not
Him: But didn't she sing this
Me: Not originally, lots of people have sung it

re: Top 5 Favorite/Most Played Cast Albums At the Moment....
 Mar 17 2007, 10:34:00 AM
1. Spring Awakening
2. Assassins
3. Les Mis
4. Into the Woods
5. Ragtime
6. Wicked
7. Merrily We Roll Along

I had to do more than 5, I couldn't narrow it down, I am obsessed with them all

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You