News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Q_Angle2

Q_Angle2 Profile Photo
Member Name: Q_Angle2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Lea Salonga Cinderella International Tour Rehearsal Pictures
 Jul 30 2008, 12:04:09 PM
I haven't watched this one yet. The musical opened last July 29. I have a ticket for the middle of the run. Will post my review asap.
Lea Salonga Cinderella International Tour Rehearsal Pictures
 Jul 30 2008, 11:31:00 AM
Lea Salonga and the cast open rehearsal of Rodger and Hammerstein's Cinderella International Tour.

Her another stellar performance. This time with lots of dancing and some comedy.

re: Lea Salonga sings Cinderella preview (PressCon)
 Apr 14 2008, 03:19:35 PM
She reached the high notes of Cinderella. My initial worry was, she just can't. But she did!
Lea Salonga sings Cinderella preview (PressCon)
 Apr 14 2008, 03:02:39 PM
Hey guys,

Here's a preview of Lea Salonga singing the title role of Cinderella. Show will start in August and will kickstart in Manila, will tour Asia, and probably, will reach Broadway. (crosses fingers)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2ZeurSj-wA

re: 7/29 - Divas Clearing Out of Town?
 Jul 28 2007, 02:01:16 PM
By definition, a diva is a succesful singer originally use to refer to an opera singer (soprano). But now it is being used to refer to successful and popular performers, a woman of rare and outstanding talent.

It entails some negative connotation as well derived from an implication that a diva can be high-maintenance, fussy, arrogant, demanding, and difficult to work with.

So with this definition, I am not sure of I want Salonga to be called a diva because she is known to have

re: 7/29 - Divas Clearing Out of Town?
 Jul 26 2007, 04:59:14 PM
Actually Lea Salonga is more of an "anti-diva". She's well-respected and famous of course, that deserves grand entrances and special introductions, having been in the original productions of two of the biggest and the longest running broadway shows. But she mentioned once (i read it somewhere), that's she's comfortable being a private person, being able to shop without getting mobbed etc., that's why she wants to keep it simple while getting respect for her work.
re: Les Miserables- Lea Salonga
 Jun 4 2007, 03:08:33 PM
How long shall her engangement with the Cinderella Tour be?
 Jun 4 2007, 02:34:59 PM
How about that movie I mentioned in the second paragraph of my first post? Do u have any idea about that Lizzie?
 Jun 4 2007, 02:04:57 PM
I am just curious. Why hasn't Lea salonga originated a role for a long time (aside from FDS of course), which would make her eligible for the Tony? Are these casting directors blind for not seeing this great talent and a temendous crowd-drawer?

Anyway, I saw from her blog this message from a scriptwriter offering her the role of a Hawaiian for a $30M worth Sci-Fi movie. The script according to this person is already in the hands of Warner Brothers and the agent of Steven Spielberg. But

re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 5/27/2007
 May 31 2007, 09:04:50 AM
It seems like Les Miserables is not affected at all by getting no Tony nominations. What seem to be the reason for this?
re: 2007 Tony Awards Host
 May 27 2007, 08:00:04 AM
Chenoweth and Salonga together...that would be exciting...both are funny
Tony Performances 2007
 May 27 2007, 07:47:20 AM
Why don't they make Lea Salonga host the Tony? I saw her concert in Chicago and she can be very entertaining and funny.
re: Broadway.com Audience Award Winners Announced
 May 27 2007, 07:35:40 AM
Jonathan Groff winning over Raul Esparza and Fantasia Barrino winning over Lea Salonga are just amazing. It doesn't really reflect true talent.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You