News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for batboysings

Member Name: batboysings
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Hadestown lottery - how popular?
 Nov 5 2021, 10:42:14 AM

Does anyone have a sense of how busy the Hadestown lottery is at the moment? I will be in town the first week of January so can try every day, but just wondered if there's a sense of it being quieter or busier than usual. Thanks

Gary Busey in Perfect Crime
 Apr 21 2021, 09:42:13 AM

I've ended up in deep in an internet hole finding out about this hilarious sounding play. Did this bizarre cameo actually happen in the end?!

Carrie the Musical podcast teaser
 Apr 2 2021, 07:29:06 AM

Thank you to everyone who has downloaded and listened to the podcast, the response has been overwhelming and we are flatted by all of your kind comments!

The full 10 part series is now released but we have a couple more bonus episodes coming up including some extra interviews that happened too late to fit into the main series (plus a very cool early recording).

The whole thing is available on Apple Podcasts, Spotify and all good podcast platforms!

Thanks again!

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/out-for-blood-the-story-of-carrie-the-musical/id1535845072

Draw the wrong moral from a musical
 Feb 19 2021, 01:32:21 PM

Being nice to the quiet, bullied girl still gets you massacred at the prom.

Jan 30 2021, 06:38:27 AM

Thanks for all the nice comments!

@qolbinau, it's a 10 part series so goes into a lot more depth using audio from cast interviews and others associated with the show, not just the OBC but the workshop, revival, subsequent productions as well as fans etc. If you like the Carrie story we think you'd like the podcast!

Jan 27 2021, 08:13:39 AM

Out for Blood is out now!

Eps 1 & 2 include Dean Pitchford, Annie Golden, Linzi Hateley, Charlotte D'Amboise, Sally Ann Triplett and other members of the original cast.

Hope you enjoy, it's on Apple Podcasts, Spotify and all good podcast apps! Please do subscribe, share and review if you enjoy it. Thanks for your support!

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/out-for-blood-the-story-of-carrie-the-musical/id1535845072

Casting rumors that never happened, but you wish did
 Dec 27 2020, 03:04:47 PM

Sorry for the plug but in our new podcast Out for Blood (outforbloodpodcast.com) we talk to some of the performers from the early 80s workshop of 'CARRIE' as well as the workshop of the revival, and discuss some of the reasons why they didn't end up doing the final productions.

Thought it may be of interest to those keen on this topic!!

Body Mics for Original SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE?
 Dec 3 2020, 03:00:07 PM

Sorry for the shameless plug, but it seems topical, but we've just made a podcast about 'Carrie' (1988) which has some hilarious anecdotes from the dancers about how their giant mic packs were hidden for a very scantily-clad shower scene at the top of the show. The podcast is called 'Out for Blood' and there's a trailer out now so you can subscribe! /shameless plug over

Dec 1 2020, 11:48:35 AM

Apologies if this is too spammy.

Thought you might like to know we released our final, full length trailer for the podcast ahead of our weekly episodes dropping from January.

You can hear it by searching for Out for Blood in Spotify, Apple Podcasts etc or at outforbloodpodcast.com

It would be a huge help if you could subscribe, rate the pod 5 stars and share on social media so we can reach as many theatre fans as possible.

And would always love to hear comments, questions and corrections below!

Thanks and enjoy

Joe Lorden, Broadway Stage Manager
 Nov 28 2020, 01:21:58 PM

I'm trying to find out about a Broadway Stage Manager called Joe Lorden who I believe has sadly passed away. I have found a list of credits on Playbill etc but in particular I'd like to find out when he died and if there is an obituary anywhere online.

Thanks

"Rent: The Podcast" and active RENT forums
 Oct 18 2020, 05:11:25 AM

Remember the Compulsive Bowlers site? Wow. flashbacks.

Oct 17 2020, 08:38:44 AM

Hopefully early Dec (Covid has held us up recording some studio sections, but also meant we got a lot more interviews than we probably would in a normal year!)

Oct 17 2020, 08:37:06 AM
Thanks
 Oct 16 2020, 12:40:16 PM

Well, not everyone uses Apple for podcasts, but appreciate the link!

Oct 16 2020, 12:10:43 PM

We've just launched our new pod OUT FOR BLOOD which deep dives into the infamous Broadway musical flop CARRIE.

We have interviews coming up with the cast and creators of the classic original as well as the recent revival, other notable productions as well as some famous fans!

You can get the teaser in your pod app now by searching OUT FOR BLOOD, remember to click subscribe so you get all future episodes.

This board in the old days
 Oct 8 2020, 10:36:52 AM

Posting from the UK as a teenager when going to a Broadway show was only a distant dream, having this board was like a window into another world! Thanks to all those early posters for the madness. Everytime I come back I'm nervous that the management will have finally decided to shut down the board and 20-odd years of history will be wiped out!

Question about 2003 Tony Awards
 Sep 13 2020, 09:55:56 AM

I'm trying to find some backup for an anecdote about the 2003 Tony Awards which suggests that during the TV commercial breaks, on stage there was a screen playing old commercials for closed-down shows... does anyone have any recollection of this?

re: What Was the Biggest Monetary Flop?
 Sep 13 2020, 09:45:24 AM

Reviving this ancient thread to find out if there is factual evidence of Broadway's biggest financial flop... I have a feeling that flying superhero show may have something to do with it. 

Not having Betsy Struxness in the Hamilton movie does a disservice to the show
 Jul 6 2020, 02:34:05 PM

Heavens to Betsy!

Seeking anyone connected with 'Carrie'...
 Jul 5 2020, 11:23:01 AM

Audience members definitely qualify!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You