News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for RadioTV2@gmail.com

Member Name: RadioTV2@gmail.com
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

CAROLINE, OR CHANGE 2021 Broadway Cast Recording Thread
 Dec 17 2021, 12:17:45 AM

Miserent said: "Listening to Lot’s Wife makes me wish we were being given a recording with Sharon Brown as Caroline. Clarke sounds fine, but I’m still not over Brown’s brilliant performance."

Completely agreed - Sharon Brown's vocals with this score were simply phenomenal and was definitely stronger than Clarke all around IMHO

Caroline, or Change or Mrs. Doubtfire
 Nov 26 2021, 08:01:16 AM

Totally depends on what you want to see - both are really great productions (having seen both).

Caroline is a work of art but is fairly deep and intense (with moments of levity), mostly for adults, and a brilliant but complex score.

Mrs. Doubtfire doesn't say much but is super-fun, family-friendly, has some show-stopping choreography and toe-tapping numbers. 

You really can't go wrong with either one.

Sharon Brown as Caroline
 Nov 17 2021, 11:23:22 PM

Just got back from the show and I am SO happy I still went. 

Let me preface this all by saying that "Caroline, or Change" is my favorite musical and has been since I saw the original production seven times. My expectations for tonight were sky-high and I was already feeling a bit disappointed knowing Sharon D. Clarke was out. 

Sharon Catherine Brown is a REVELATION as Caroline. I've never seen or even imagined a take on Caroline like this (even on various

Sharon Brown as Caroline
 Nov 17 2021, 06:32:54 PM

I have tickets for tonight and got a call from Roundabout a half-hour ago and Sharon D. Clarke is out tonight as well. I'm still going and will definitely report back!

Chita is out of Drood.
 Feb 12 2013, 11:29:54 PM
Just got back from the first performance with the new cast members and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I'll admit, this was my fifth time seeing "Drood" and while the energy in the house was lower tonight than I've seen it before, by the end everyone was on their feet.

As far as the newcomers: Erin Davie does a very solid job as Rosa Bud, and I'm sure will find her footing nicely. She is playing Rosa as more of a ditz than the sex kitten angle that Betsy Wolfe took. But, Davie's voice is beau

What is THE Necessary Ticket of the Fall Season?
 Nov 16 2012, 07:49:20 AM
I'm going to keep the wave going and say that "Drood" is probably the best thing I've seen this fall.

I'd also highly recommend "The Piano Lesson" at Signature, which is a terrific production of a great play.

Glengarry Ticket Prices Wrong
 Aug 9 2012, 04:11:17 PM
I was trying to buy Mezzanine Row J-K seats for any Sunday matinee for "Glengarry" today, and the price listed on the "Behind the Curtain" and on the website (of $77 for performances before November 16) does not match the $82 price (which should be for later performances) that pops up when you actually try to purchase tickets.

It seems as if someone at Telecharge/the Shubert Organization goofed and either put the wrong information on the main website or incorrectly coded the prices. <

If you could pick just one winner tonight who would it be?
 Jun 10 2012, 02:00:44 PM
Jan Maxwell. Best Performance of the Season!!

Closely followed by Linda Lavin and Nina Arianda.

erase
 Jun 1 2012, 07:04:08 PM

2012 Tony Award Predictions Thread
 May 18 2012, 01:24:58 PM
newintown-

Not all of it, but most of it was good. Especially the plays. A fantastic year for new plays.

2012 Tony Award Predictions Thread
 May 18 2012, 12:16:31 PM
I've seen nearly every show to open on Broadway this year, so here are my early Tony predictions 1-5 and who I think should win(1 being most likely to win, 5 being least likely). What are your will/should thoughts?

BEST PLAY:
1. Other Desert Cities
2. Clybourne Park
3. Venus in Fur
4. Peter and the Starcatcher

Will Win: This is going to be a throw-down between "Other Desert Cities" and "Clybourne Park". I'm thinking that voters will want to reward Jon Robin Bait

Tony Nom Predictions
 Apr 27 2012, 12:21:43 AM
Best Musical
1. Newsies
2. Once
3. Nice Work if You Can Get It
4. Leap of Faith

Best Play
1. Other Desert Cities
2. Clybourne Park
3. One Man, Two Guvnors (if not eligible then Peter and the Starcatcher)
4. The Lyons

Best Revival of a Musical
1. Follies
2. Porgy and Bess
3. Evita
4. Jesus Christ Superstar

Best Revival of a Play
1. Death of a Salesman
2. The Best Man (Guvnors if it is eligible here and everyt

Help Historians: When Has This Happened Before? (Jonas H2$)
 Apr 17 2012, 05:15:54 PM
There was a 2 song CD for the "Annie Get Your Gun" revival featuring Reba McEntire singing "You Can't Get a Man with a Gun" and "I Got Lost in His Arms".
"Leap of Faith" - 4/14 Mat
 Apr 16 2012, 09:06:04 AM
I will say right up front that I got comps to this show and went in with extremely low expectations, especially having heard from a lot of friends in LA about how terrible it was.

Having said that, I have to admit that I kind of had a great time at "Leap of Faith" this past Saturday. Now, is this the kind of show that will change the landscape of American musical theater? No. But, it is a really fun guilty pleasure show that is sometimes so goofy that you have to just grin.

I

Giving away a ticket to Follies Sat (Jan 7) Mat
 Jan 6 2012, 11:59:43 PM
Have an extra ticket to tomorrow (Saturday January 7) s 2pm matinee of Follies. If you want to go, PM me with a sentence or two about yourself and why you want to go. I will reply if you get the ticket.
Musings on Lysistrata Jones (12/10 Mat)
 Dec 13 2011, 06:03:45 PM
This past Saturday afternoon, I caught the delightful “Lysistrata Jones”. Let me preface the rest of my comments by saying that while I enjoyed this show, it is certainly not for everyone and isn't necessarily a perfect fit for Broadway.

The biggest assets that “Lysistrata” has are the comic and vocal gifts of Liz Mikel. She is brilliant in this and sets the tone of the show extremely well and is one of those actors who seems willing to do anything to engage with the audience, and it w

Final Tony nomination predictions - post them here!
 May 1 2011, 07:03:18 PM
My Final Tony Award Nomination Predictions (Each nominee in the category is ranked from 1-4 or 1-5 with 1 being the most likely to win)

Best Musical
1. The Book of Mormon
2. Sister Act
3. Priscilla, Queen of the Desert
4. Catch Me if You Can
(A lot of people are predicting “The Scottsboro Boys” for the 4th slot, but I really don’t think it will have enough support for a nod in the big category)

Best Play
1. War Horse
2. Good People
3. Jerusalem <

Tony Award Predictions
 Apr 25 2011, 05:20:19 PM
My Tony Award Nomination Predictions (Each nominee in the category is ranked from 1-4 or 1-5 with 1 being the most likely to win)

Best Musical
1. The Book of Mormon
2. Sister Act
3. Catch Me If You Can
4. Priscilla, Queen of the Desert
(outside hope for “The People in the Picture”, but barring excellent reviews remains an unlikely prospect)

Best Play
1. War Horse
2. Good People
3. Jerusalem
4. The Motherf**ker with the Hat
(the last slot

N/A
 Apr 25 2011, 05:19:58 PM

The Normal Heart - 4/21 (Just...wow)
 Apr 22 2011, 12:59:29 AM
I just got back from the 4/21 performance of "The Normal Heart" and have to say that I have not had such a profound experience in the theater in a decade.

The entire play, from start to finish, captured me and I thought every aspect of the production was pitch perfect.

Joe Mantello was superb and I think that, despite Mark Rylance, he will walk away with the Best Actor in a Play Tony Award. His performance is so nuanced, emotional, and explosive when it needs to be. He has tr

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You