News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for keatyjoe

keatyjoe Profile Photo
Member Name: keatyjoe
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

No YANK this year
 Sep 4 2010, 10:07:16 AM
Very disappointing, but I do agree that if they are not completely ready, I don't see the rush in getting it in this season...it'll come eventually.

There is a demo recording of the show, but not an actual "cast recording". They are also revising the score as well as adding a few songs. I think the wait will be entirely worth it.

Everyone Admit Your Age on Broadwayworld
 Jul 27 2010, 09:48:33 AM
I think those that truly love musical theatre will search for classical/golden age shows and indulge in those cast recordings. You can say, to some extent, that the 'newer generation' (including myself, I am seventeen) do not have the exposure to some of the classical shows, but if they truly have a passion or love for musical theatre they WILL seek out other shows. I think it is fair to say that the majority of the newer age musical theatre fans have a 'gateway' musical and more often than not
Will SUPERMAN battle SPIDER-MAN on Broadway?
 Jul 16 2010, 07:04:05 PM
I saw the show yesterday and found it to be rather enjoyable. It was not perfect by any means, but the book of the show was very strong, I think. The rewritten book and character arrangements worked very well and made a spectacular show, considering the fact that it is a SUPERMAN musical. After the show, a friend and I were the only ones at the stage door. We spoke to Jenny Powers and right before she went off for dinner she smiled and said, "We'll hopefully see you in New York." and laughed. Ho
Superman in Dallas Video
 Jul 16 2010, 06:58:28 PM
I saw the show yesterday and it was very enjoyable. The sets, costumes, and effects were great considering their budget. Matt looks absolutely phenomenal in all of his outfits and not "gaunt" whatsoever. Jenny Power's performance was spot on, as was everyone else's. I do think this show has amazing potential if given the chance.

Also, one of my friends and I were the only people at the stage door after the show's matinee. Matt and Jenny signed and took pictures and Patrick Cassidy did

What is the weakest Best Musical winner of the past 10 years?
 Jun 15 2010, 07:18:54 PM
Granted, I haven't seen the past winners for "Best Musical" on Broadway, however, I feel that Memphis should not be the weakest. I think it also depends on what other shows are in the running. I saw Million Dollar Quartet and found it to not be an actual musical, but rather a concert with a terrible book. Many of my friends saw Fela! and believed it to not be up to par in relation to other musicals, and American Idiot should not have been nominated whatsoever.

I feel as a whole Memphis

Acting Lessons from Miss Catherine Zeta Jones
 Jun 14 2010, 12:22:13 AM
5. Pertaining to the movement of the head: Jerk the head side to side on every other word.

6. While singing, fall off the last note of every other sentence.

In one word the Tonys were...
 Jun 14 2010, 12:18:52 AM
Terrible.
Predictable.
Upsetting.
Unenjoyable.
Lacking.

Take your pick...

What the hell is Neil Patrick Harris doing to RENT?
 Jun 5 2010, 07:31:40 PM
In my opinion, when it comes to film and TV stars (as well as recording artists) being cast in Broadway shows it takes a role from a deserving actor or actress who may have gone to college for MT and/or worked countless hours to obtain any role in a Broadway show. When a 'star' is cast in a show, it takes that chance away from the deserving actor/actress. That's my beef with the casting of film and TV stars. I am in no way saying that the film and TV stars are terrible in the roles they were cas
HAIR Broadway logo's- HELP
 Jun 4 2010, 11:14:39 AM
Does anyone have an image of the newest playbill? I'm curious to know what it looks like.
Where are you watching the Tonys?
 Jun 4 2010, 11:05:56 AM
More than likely at my house, with a few friends. As long as the weatherman doesn't interrupt again this year I'll be fine. The past two years he has interrupted, and it literally makes me want to hop in my car, drive to the news station, and interrupt his forecast segment.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You