News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for jagfkb

jagfkb Profile Photo
Member Name: jagfkb
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: BTW, the profile picture is a final design for a large puppet version of a dragon like creature. Using coils similar to the tails in "The Little Mermaid", when raised up and down, the body will almost naturally expand and dexpand. Also, the puppeteer is positioned behind the head, and controls only the head and the smaller feet.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

This Year's NBC Musical...  Jan 19 2014, 12:50:20 PM
Chris Colfer? I know he's expressed interest in the past
NATASHA, PIERRE, AND THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 to take the St. James?  Aug 23 2013, 08:30:07 AM
To answer questions above:
The reason the show has to close in September is that the ground on which it's currently sitting is set to become a building that'll begin construction this fall. The producers have been leasing the land for the summer and have no choice but to vacate come next week.

In addition, I've heard two things about how they'd do this: one is the one posted here, taking out the seats and essentially designing the space anew. The second would be to build a platform

Alan Menken Interview - HUNCHBACK CONFIRMED!  Jul 16 2013, 10:06:20 AM
My two cents:

They will NEVER succeed in trying to pass it off as a Disney Family Friendly Extravaganza along the lines of Lion King or Beauty; the show just isn't that. It deals with, by far, the deepest and darkest themes ever explored by a Disney cartoon. That isn't to say it cannot succeed, especially if it were modeled in hype like another show about a deformed savant who loses the girl to the handsome guy. Yes, I'm talking about Phantom.
If Disney was smart, they'd do an exact

Favorite show  Jul 13 2013, 02:23:53 PM

Carousel
Follies
Into the Woods
Billy Elliot
The Drowsy Chaperone
[title of show]
The Wizard of Oz
Candide (Zimmerman's Revisal)
Peter Pan
Jerry Springer The Opera
Matilda
Natasha, Pierre, and the Great Comet of 1812

Why wasn't Wonderland nominated for anything!?  Jun 16 2013, 06:03:10 PM
I will say though, after a recent rewatch on the site that must not be named, it's kind of a lot of ridiculous fun; you know, like in a "Rocky Horror" meets "Plan 9 from OuterSpace" type way. it's so bad, it ends up being ****ing hysterical lol
Cinderella rush info?  Jan 30 2013, 01:36:35 PM
Went last night and ended up sitting Row X, all the way on the right. Suprisingly perfect view: the very top of the stage is obscured by the overhang, but otherwise it's completely full view.
I'm excited to see what becomes of the show as previews progress. Definitely a TON of potential

Best Literary Adaptation Ever?  Oct 21 2012, 07:05:11 PM
And who could forget Andrew Lloyd Webber's "Sing about Love... And not much else"
Menken Confirms  Aug 18 2012, 01:19:56 PM
^if Poppins has another 4/5 years in it, atleast, then Lion King has 10 possibly 20 more years left in its run. It's the fifth longest running Broadway show and still sells out, some weeks even topping Wicked.
I also doubt they'll close Poppins, the company's new Beauty. If Mermaid taught them anything it's not to put all their eggs in one basket. Poppins may transfer, but it's making far too much to consider closing.
Depending on the technical limitations of the set, this could fit in

No virtual lottery Aug. 9  Aug 13 2012, 06:34:13 AM
Aside from a few miscellaneous homeless people (who were more than willing to let me sit in line infront of them, since many of them prefer to sit on the grass lawns), I was first in line at 12:30. Maybe 20 people by 2am, 75 by 4am, and over well over 100 by 6.

Into Woods  Aug 12 2012, 05:36:51 PM
Someone's opinion is stated and another says that that is flat out false, belittles the composer, and goes on his merry way

I point out that said someone is making himself look a tad pompous, and call for peace.

I never painted myself as an authority, Jordan did. I was simply pointing out the ridiculousness of such a comment.

Those are hardly the same thing.

The Public Theatre's Shakespeare/Park presents INTO THE WOODS -- Discussion  Jul 30 2012, 09:37:09 PM
Intermission; from last Wednesday already a TON of changes, all for the better.
Our little world still absent
Also, paris remillard is now listed as rapunzel's prince. He's doing a great job, if this is his first night.

Remembering BEAUTY AND THE BEAST (April 18, 1994 - July 29, 2007)  Jul 29 2012, 11:29:53 AM
Shot during the initial try out, probably the most extravagant production of BEAUTY yet produced (many of the costumes/ sets/ special effects were subsequently downsized for the Broadway production, specifically the prosthetics for the enchanted objects, the wolf chase, etc.) a special Backstage Pass shown on Disney Channel. Thought everyone would enjoy:
The Public Theatre's Shakespeare/Park presents INTO THE WOODS -- Discussion  Jul 25 2012, 10:28:20 AM
^I thought of it that the rest was still his dream, almost like when you dream and are observing from afar. Made sense to me.
into the woods review  Jul 25 2012, 07:35:55 AM
I'm just surprised he actually liked it...
Into The Woods - TIX / LOTTO / LINE  Jul 24 2012, 01:19:37 PM
Posted this in other thread, never got an answer:

I'm planning on camping out for tomorrow's performance, but I cannot stay past 11:00AM (prior conflict). My friend is willing to swap with me then (I'd wait from 6AM to 11AM, she's wait 11AM to 1PM). We're only getting two tickets, would this be okay? I know there's a policy about saving places in line, but since i'm leaving and she's taking my place, do u think the line monitors would be okay with that?

Leslie Kritzer Question  Jul 24 2012, 12:13:16 PM
Just think though, one day, Leslie is going to have enough material for one ****ing incredible autobiography.

Or a killer one woman show... whichever comes first

Anything good at NYMF this year  Jul 24 2012, 12:06:20 PM
To pull a comment from another thread: I just saw and really loved SWING STATE and STUCK. This and STUCK (perhaps due to their small casts and short run times) are the most well executed shows of the festival, and you can tell everyone involved in each was 100% committed to the project.

Also, though I thought it was a muddled and confused mess with enough material and characters for 4 musicals, BABY CASE easily featured the best performance of the festival: Melissa van der Schyff. As t

The Public Theatre's Shakespeare/Park presents INTO THE WOODS -- Discussion  Jul 24 2012, 10:43:19 AM
Quick question, I'm planning on camping out for tomorrow's performance, but I cannot stay past 11:00AM (prior conflict). My friend is willing to swap with me then (I'd wait from 6AM to 11AM, she's wait 11AM to 1PM). We're only getting two tickets, would this be okay? I know there's a policy about saving places in line, but since i'm leaving and she's taking my place, do u think the line monitors would be okay with that?
So I don't know if anyone has seen the weather forecast for this week;  Jul 23 2012, 01:50:14 AM
Yeah, definitely sleeping in/ just trying the lottery :)
NYMF 2012 Questions  Jul 22 2012, 12:11:10 PM
(For what it's worth) Just saw SWING STATE and absolutely loved it. Just an overall well executed show with two great performances and a great score. All the best for any future life it may have.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You