News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Queen of the Night

Member Name: Queen of the Night
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Movies that WILL be musicals, inevitably  Nov 9 2019, 10:15:26 PM
When I watched “To Wong Foo, thanks for everything, Julie Newmar” I couldn’t help but think, “this would make a kickass Broadway musical”.
Tallest Man on Broadway  Jun 5 2019, 12:08:59 AM
Among the current ones on Broadway, I think we have to include Adam Driver. I think he’s 6’3.
TV shows with Broadway Actors???  May 21 2019, 09:03:15 PM
Madam Secretary. It has Patina Miller, Sebastian Arcelus and Erich Bergen. Also Bebe Neuwirth was on it for quite a few seasons.
Roberta Peters has passed away  Jan 21 2017, 11:11:57 AM

She was one of my favorite sopranos. I loved the charm and vocal fireworks of her Rosina in the Barber of Seville. She was also my favorite performer of my screen name role. She had F6's for days and they were so pretty and perfect! 

Songs from a mom to a daughter  Jan 4 2017, 11:35:34 PM

Slipping through my fingers by Abba is used as a mother to daughter song in Mamma Mia.  (Although I suppose it could be a father to daughter song too). But like Stay with me, it's a poignant song about growing up from the parent's point of view.

First Musical you ever saw?  Oct 9 2016, 05:45:45 PM

National tour of Cats in 1987. I loved it!

Annamary Dickey  Sep 6 2016, 12:12:05 PM

Annamary Dickey was a soprano who sang opera for a while. She sang minor roles at the Metropolitan Opera from 1939-1944.

In your opinion, what are some of the more thankless roles in plays/musicals?  Sep 6 2016, 12:03:39 PM

I think Nicola in Kinky Boots is more thankless than Charlie. She's pretty much just the "annoying bitchy girlfriend".

Sondheim-Favorite Artist Song Performances  Aug 12 2016, 04:54:06 PM

Elaine Stritch's "The ladies who lunch". Iconic performance. 

Most Shocking/Surprising Twist in a Musical? (SPOILERS)  Aug 5 2016, 12:52:21 PM

When Mimi comes back to life at the end of Rent. I thought she'd really be dead like Mimì is at the end of La Bohème. 

Worst ALW show (besides Love Never Dies)  Aug 4 2016, 11:14:42 PM

MichelleCraig said: "I know I'm veering off topic here, but are there any fans of "The Beautiful Game" here? I saw the original production in London and loved it... 

"

The Beautiful Game (in its original London version) has a lovely score. "God's own country" is probably the prettiest song, but it does have a lot of emotionally powerful and interesting songs in it. I wish it could have been done her

In honor of the revival - CATS! Original Production Photographs  Jul 12 2016, 08:14:46 PM

From what I remember of the original production, the pirate ship set was either flown in or moved in behind a scrim or curtain. It was two level with a "below deck" that Growltiger would push his pirates  into when he sang, "and my raffish crew were sleeping in their barrels and their bunks".

Examples of Musical Theater  Jun 18 2016, 07:27:44 PM

"I got life" from Hair

What are the worst musicals you ever saw  Jun 5 2016, 03:42:32 PM

The 101 Dalmations musical. Not even the kids in the audience seemed to enjoy it!

Tuck Everlasting cast album length  May 29 2016, 04:48:55 PM

abbagirl said: "Queen of the Night said: "Speaking of Tuck, is anyone going to their final show today?"

I am! :)

"

How was it?

Tuck Everlasting cast album length  May 29 2016, 11:24:15 AM

Speaking of Tuck, is anyone going to their final show today?

Songs about Regret/Sacrifce  May 28 2016, 12:51:18 PM

"A little fall of rain" from Les Miserables

Breaking News: TUCK EVERLASTING to Close This Weekend  May 24 2016, 06:36:08 PM

This is sad. If they could have held on til summer they might have had a chance with the families on vacation. It was a good show with a great cast. Glad I got the chance to see it last month. I did notice that Broadway Across America is one of their producers. Maybe that bodes well for a tour, to play the BAA cities?

Saddest Bway Performances  May 24 2016, 05:53:07 PM

"How could I ever know" from The Secret Garden. Seeing the emotional impact of death and loss from the viewpoint of the character who died as well as the one she left behind. 

Best Male Dramatic Solos  May 21 2016, 10:28:12 PM

"Pity the child" from Chess

Javert's suicide"from Les Miserables

"Why, God, why" from Miss Saigon

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You