pixeltracker

Tuck Everlasting cast album length

Tuck Everlasting cast album length

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#1Tuck Everlasting cast album length
Posted: 5/29/16 at 10:47am

Is anyone else a little disappointed by the pre-order track list on iTunes? I don't remember exactly but I feel like the "Seventeen" track should be longer than two minutes if it's to include that hilarious dialogue exchange and at that length it looks like they cut that bit for the cast album which is a real bummer as Andrew's delivery of that line was so great. The ballet at the end is closer to ten minutes in the show and with a five minute track it looks like they only recorded half of the music. What is the point of a cast album if not to preserve the shows best moments? Even as a reference recording for regional theatres it would have surely benefit some to record the complete ballet. What a shame. At 60 minutes there's so much more space on the disc.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#2Tuck Everlasting cast album length
Posted: 5/29/16 at 11:13am

The songs from this show were so forgettable, I forgot it was even a musical. 

Queen of the Night
#3Tuck Everlasting cast album length
Posted: 5/29/16 at 11:24am

Speaking of Tuck, is anyone going to their final show today?

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#4Tuck Everlasting cast album length
Posted: 5/29/16 at 1:23pm

The fact that it is not being done by one of the steadfast Cast Album labels probably answers your question. I had thought Broadway Records was doing it but nope it's that random DMI who did GIGI and are also doing WAITRESS (I had thought Epic records, Bareilles' label, would do it but).

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated

abbagirl Profile Photo
abbagirl
#5Tuck Everlasting cast album length
Posted: 5/29/16 at 2:43pm

Queen of the Night said: "Speaking of Tuck, is anyone going to their final show today?"

I am! :)

Sally Durant Plummer Profile Photo
Sally Durant Plummer
#6Tuck Everlasting cast album length
Posted: 5/29/16 at 4:25pm

That "hilarious" dialogue actually made me feel very uncomfortable. There's a thin line between sentimental and creepy and the book walked it perfectly. This show, however, did not.

The songs from this show were so forgettable, I forgot it was even a musical.

Seconded.

"Sticks and stones, sister. Here, have a Valium." - Patti LuPone, a Memoir

Queen of the Night
#7Tuck Everlasting cast album length
Posted: 5/29/16 at 4:48pm

abbagirl said: "Queen of the Night said: "Speaking of Tuck, is anyone going to their final show today?"

I am! :)

"

How was it?

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#8Tuck Everlasting cast album length
Posted: 5/29/16 at 5:04pm

Final performance is tonight at 7:30 p.m., and I just checked out of curiosity—there are no more tickets available. Happy trails, Tuck.

Updated On: 5/29/16 at 05:04 PM

abbagirl Profile Photo
abbagirl
#9Tuck Everlasting cast album length
Posted: 5/30/16 at 8:49pm

The final show was lovely...great for them to have a sold-out, wildly cheering audience too, there was a lot of love. No curtain speeches, but Sarah Charles Lewis was clearly in tears from the end of her final solo "Everlasting" onwards...which made me cry more than usual during that ballet, too. :)