News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for humbugfoto

humbugfoto Profile Photo
Member Name: humbugfoto
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

What source material would never work as a musical?  Dec 19 2017, 10:55:39 AM

Jurassic Park.

Would the T-Rex be a tenor or a baritone?

Looking for 3 playbills:  Jun 30 2017, 11:06:04 AM

Have you tried ebay?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ROCK-OF-AGES-BROADWAY-PLAYBILL-KERRY-BUTLER-CONSTANTINE-MAROULIS-/290916249881?hash=item43bbf5b119:g:ZvAAAOxyu1FRknxK

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Little-Mermaid-Broadway-Playbill-Opening-Night-Date-Sierra-Boggess-/192226792694?hash=item2cc19c14f6:g:Z0AAAOSwal5YJo-l

Yes, I know the Little Mermaid is pricey, but when you're a completist....

Tonight's Live from Lincoln Center on PBS is the New York Philharmonic's New Year's Eve Concert featuring Music of Rodgers and Hammerstein with Paulo Szot  Jan 1 2017, 01:46:23 AM

Watching this in Los Angeles. The orchestrations are positively seductive, so rich and lush.

But the strangest thing happened. As they played the intro to Climb Every Mountain I'm hearing the lyrics "When you walk through a storm...." in my head, and lo and behold, the first words out of Joyce DiDonato's mouth were "When you" then a momentary pause, then "Climb every mountain....". I realize it's the same composer, but I never realized the intr

Stage worn broadway costume- FOR SALE  Oct 2 2016, 03:15:13 PM

I see a lot of people asking you the size. Understandably, since it was custom made, there is no size. However, it would be very helpful if you would take measurements and post them. Measure the waist, the bust and the hips. You can even measure it lying flat and then just double the result for the actual measurement. For example, if the waist measures 15", the actual waist measurement is 30". It's a little trickier with the bust but give it a try. at least.

Ahmanson and Taper to discontinue HotTix program.  Jul 27 2016, 09:32:19 PM

I was told a number of years ago that the Hot Tix program was funded by a grant from a donor. Perhaps this grant ceased being funded?

Favorite line/part of a musical that isn't the lyrics of a song?  May 18 2016, 10:43:56 AM

"I was raised to be charming, not sincere" from Into The Woods.

Cell Phone Nightmare: Laura Benanti Stops the Show  May 1 2016, 11:38:58 AM

Dollypop, forgive me of you meant your comment satirically (I really REALLY hope you did), but just in case you were serious (you can’t have been, right?), well, I have to comment.

I have been an opera lover my entire life. We listened to the Met Opera every Saturday religiously – I was listening while still in the womb. I still listen to nearly every broadcast. I’m nearly 60, and last year on a trip to New York, for the first time in my life, I finally

Hamilton - new block of tickets?  Oct 31 2015, 04:59:02 PM

I'm looking at tickets in April, and while there are still tickets available at face value, they're all at the back of the orchestra and say "partial view" even though they're not too far off the aisle. Like, for example, Row W, seat 9 or 10. What, exactly, is blocked by the "partial view"?

Also, which would be better - up close but all the way on the side (Row A, seat 11 or 12) or all the way back but more centered (the above mentioned Row W

Hotels for an older couple  Jun 14 2015, 11:26:55 AM

I'd suggest checking out the Belvedere on 48th between 8th and 9th. It's not a chain hotel which to me is a plus. It's an older hotel but has been nicely renovated. The rooms are surprisingly large and comfortable for a New York hotel. The staff is excellent. And while not cheap (rack rates are around/above $300 a night) they often have promotions on their website. I stayed there last March for under $200 a night. Here's their website: http://www.belvederehotelnyc.com/

Something Rotten Previews  Apr 10 2015, 11:03:50 AM

Oh good! There's nothing wrong with the love song in itself, it's very pretty, but it has/had absolutely no business being in the show. It brought the momentum to a screeching halt and turned everything deadly dull in a heartbeat. It was by far the worst part of the second act.

To be honest, both women are superfluous to the plot. I find it odd that the writers who did such a great job with the main story couldn't find an equally captivating storyline for the wome

Who is the lighting designer of SOMETHING ROTTEN!?  Apr 5 2015, 11:15:49 AM

FWIW, same here - Jeff Croiter name and bio. Perhaps they made the mistake in the April Playbill?

Curious thing - I got my ticket for the second preview that morning, got to the theater about twenty minutes before the box office opened. There were four staff people who had a replacement of the cibacrome panel that's just to the left of the doors, that's like the "title page", with all the cast, creative and producers listed (I'm sure there's a proper name for this

The king and I previews thread  Mar 15 2015, 11:24:02 AM
I have to assume that they've been working on Watanabe's diction since the first day of rehearsals. If this is how far he's come in six weeks, I shudder to think what he sounded like on day one. And how much longer will it take to get him to a point where he IS understandable.

Seeing it Wednesday.

Favorite Sondheim song interpretations and performances  Mar 7 2015, 07:25:21 PM
David Kernan singing "Could I Leave You?" on the Side by Side by Sondheim album.
An American in Paris first performance  Nov 23 2014, 10:58:35 AM
Do they have a specific date/theater yet for when it comes to New York?
Milford Plaza?  Oct 24 2014, 04:56:11 PM
Anybody know anything about/been to the new "Row Hotel" on 8th and 44th, which seems to be the renovated Milford Plaza? It wasn't the greatest place before, I was just wondering if it's stepped up the quality any since the reno.
Tickets available for FOOL FOR LOVE  Jun 21 2014, 11:33:31 AM
Anybody?
Upgrading seats at the St. James Theater?  Jun 20 2014, 09:37:44 PM
Another good thing to know at the St. James - there is a handicapped bathroom to the right of the interior doors, just past the coat check at the top of the stairs.
Williamstown's FOOL FOR LOVE just got a little hotter  Jun 19 2014, 02:51:51 PM
My friends canceled their plans to go see this, and are trying to get rid of a number of front row tickets. Please PM me if you're interested.
Tickets available for FOOL FOR LOVE  Jun 19 2014, 01:45:13 PM
A group of friends were planning to go see this and bought a number of tickets. They've canceled their plans and now need to find a good home for the tickets. Please PM me if you're interested. I think they got front row tickets to pretty much every performance of the run.

Hippity Hoppity, Wolverine's On His Way  Jun 9 2014, 12:51:55 AM
I think the only reason for that random, ridiculous excuse for an opening number was so he could say "you won't see THAT at ComiCon!"
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You