pixeltracker

Hamilton - new block of tickets?

Hamilton - new block of tickets?

Polka Dot2 Profile Photo
Polka Dot2
#1Hamilton - new block of tickets?
Posted: 10/30/15 at 9:13pm

Anyone know how you figure out when a new block of tickets goes on sale?

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#2Hamilton - new block of tickets?
Posted: 10/30/15 at 9:42pm

I estimate the next batch will go on sale in mid December.

Updated On: 10/31/15 at 09:42 PM

bfreak
#3Hamilton - new block of tickets?
Posted: 10/30/15 at 9:54pm

I know nothing is guaranteed but I'm asking an "opinion question." Do you think that most of the OBC will still be here next fall (specifically Lin, Leslie, Philippa, etc.) I know Lin was only in In the Heights for about a year but Hamilton is a much harder ticket than that show, and I was wondering if the cast might extend having the knowledge that not that many people may have had the opportunity to see their performances due to a lack of ticket availabilty. I'm wondering if I should get kinda lackluster seats (like rear side orchestra) for before September, or wait until the next block of tickets for a better seat risking the OBC won't be in. Thanks.

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#4Hamilton - new block of tickets?
Posted: 10/30/15 at 10:49pm

This question was raised the last time a block of tickets went on sale. It is my guess that many of the principals won't renew their contracts. They've all been with the show a long time, considering the Public run too, and it must be very challenging to perform this show day in and day out. Also, these people are in demand, and it makes sense for them to field other offers. 

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#5Hamilton - new block of tickets?
Posted: 10/30/15 at 11:40pm

There was also a principles audition recently. But what does that necessarily mean? http://auditionupdate.com/index.php?s=2&p=222767

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#6Hamilton - new block of tickets?
Posted: 10/31/15 at 12:12am

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#7Hamilton - new block of tickets?
Posted: 10/31/15 at 12:19am

If the show wins Tonys or any of the actors do I suspect they will renew. They can ask for fat raises if they stay after Tony time and honestly why leave a hot hit show. 

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

Comden Green Profile Photo
Comden Green
#8Hamilton - new block of tickets?
Posted: 10/31/15 at 4:12am

And there you have it.  Equally compelling arguments for the cast to leave and to stay.   It's a coin flip without insider knowledge.  

Me?  I'm not taking chances.  I bought a couple of single tickets toward the front for an April date and built my trip around that.    I am not throwing away my shot!  

Updated On: 10/31/15 at 04:12 AM

aaaaaa15
#9Hamilton - new block of tickets?
Posted: 10/31/15 at 6:55am

Lin has also said he hopes to open the show in London as well in 2017 so he might want a break from playing the role before then.

ChiTheaterFan
#10Hamilton - new block of tickets?
Posted: 10/31/15 at 8:28am

bfreak said: "I know nothing is guaranteed but I'm asking an "opinion question." Do you think that most of the OBC will still be here next fall (specifically Lin, Leslie, Philippa, etc.) I know Lin was only in In the Heights for about a year but Hamilton is a much harder ticket than that show, and I was wondering if the cast might extend having the knowledge that not that many people may have had the opportunity to see their performances due to a lack of ticket availabilty. I'm wondering if I should get kinda lackluster seats (like rear side orchestra) for before September, or wait until the next block of tickets for a better seat risking the OBC won't be in. Thanks.

"

While I can't comment on whether the cast will extend, it's worth noting that if they don't, you'd want to try to get seats before July since they're year contracts. (I assume contracts go from when previews start not opening, but if it's opening then I guess we'd be talking about August.)

Of course that's right after the Tonys so is someone going to leave right after winning one?  I don't know. 

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#11Hamilton - new block of tickets?
Posted: 10/31/15 at 8:54am

After its expected Tony sweep, it will be interesting what the price structure will be.

If the show is good, can it not survive with replacements.The Producers and Wicked did so why not this.

Poster Emeritus

bfreak
#12Hamilton - new block of tickets?
Posted: 10/31/15 at 9:02am

Updated On: 10/31/15 at 09:02 AM

bfreak
#13Hamilton - new block of tickets?
Posted: 10/31/15 at 9:02am

1. wasn't saying that the show will not survive with replacements, Mr. Roxy. I was asking because even though I'm sure that the replacements will be fantastic, I'd really like to see the OBC as I've been listening to the soundtrack a lot and would really be excited to see their physical performances. While there are no guarantees and I don't yet know when I'm going to get tickets for yet, but I think since the cast knows it'll probably sweep the Tonys, they'll probably stay through like September/October. I doubt it will win 8-10 Tonys and they'll say "OK, nice knowing you folks" and leave July/early August. But you never know. We'll see what happens.

Updated On: 10/31/15 at 09:02 AM

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#14Hamilton - new block of tickets?
Posted: 10/31/15 at 9:13am

I know you were not. What I was saying that there are many out there who would sell their first born child or a body part to see it especially with the OBC.

If that is there bag, wonderful. I listened to the score on CD. While it is enjoyable, it did not knock me for a loop . Sometimes, one song sort of sounded like another. Will it win best score? Of course it will. A neighbor of ours saw it. Did he like it - yes. Was it the greatest show he ever saw? No. Would he see it again ? No. He said he did not get the hype .Everyone has their own opinion.

Poster Emeritus
Updated On: 10/31/15 at 09:13 AM

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#15Hamilton - new block of tickets?
Posted: 10/31/15 at 9:57am

Oh, good lord, Roxy.  You are the biggest Debbie Downer to ever exist.  No matter what someone wants or thinks, you have to try to be superior with your "opinion".  You like to think you are some great thinker but you simply spew rhetoric.

Of COURSE people would like to see the original cast....that has nothing to do with whether the show will survive replacements. At ALL.  It won't be the SAME....which does not mean it will be lesser, just  different, even if only a little bit.

As to whether the cast will stay is anyone's guess.  I also doubt it will be an all or nothing thing.  Some will stay, others will leave.  I'm not sure how much it will have to do with whether or not any of them win Tony awards....(as likely those decisions will be made before June. 

It will depend on only a few things:

1.  Does the actor have other opportunities to take advantage of?

2.  Do they feel they can continue perform the same role that they've been involved with for approx. 2 years?   Are they still LOVING it?

3  Can they come to an acceptable financial agreement with the producers?  I'm sure many of them that are willing to stay, will be looking for a pay raise.  (Aren't Tony win increases usually a part of their initial contracts?)

That being said, there is nothing unique about this predicament EXCEPT its not often that a shows' contracts are up this close to the Tonys.....not that that will likely effect the outcome.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

lite2shine Profile Photo
lite2shine
#16Hamilton - new block of tickets?
Posted: 10/31/15 at 2:04pm

I have a feeling after one year contract is up, Lin, Leslie, and Jonathan are the ones who would leave. I don't know when West End production starts, but since Lin will be in it, I'm sure he'd like to take a break before the run. Not sure if Leslie will be in the London run but if Lin leaves, and Leslie gets Tony nomination (or even the award), the producers may negotiate him to stay so that they won't lose two leads at the same time. Still, remember the last big hit on Broadway, BOM, both leads left shortly after one year contract was up for TV/film gigs. I'm sure Leslie would like to get a larger national exposure like TV series or film. Groff will get stage/TV/film offers and his role in this show is small, he'd leave for a principal role.

For the rest of the cast, other than Christopher, Renee, and Phillipa (I think they have a bright future on Broadway), I think they will stay unless they'd get a role in a new show. Sad to say, there aren't many great roles for ethnic/minority actors on Broadway. So staying in a blockbuster show on Broadway is much better choice for many cast members.

Updated On: 10/31/15 at 02:04 PM

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#17Hamilton - new block of tickets?
Posted: 10/31/15 at 3:09pm

didnt idina extend her contract after winning the tony while Kristen left right after the Tonys? Maybe they'll do something like that for Hamilton. Where maybe Leslie wins and Lin leaves or vice versa depending on who wins. Also don't contracts start at the beginning of rehearsals and if it's a year it end at the anniversary of the 1st rehearsal?

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Pootie2
#18Hamilton - new block of tickets?
Posted: 10/31/15 at 3:16pm

Call_me_jorge said: "didnt idina extend her contract after winning the tony while Kristen left right after the Tonys? Maybe they'll do something like that for Hamilton. Where maybe Leslie wins and Lin leaves or vice versa depending on who wins. Also don't contracts start at the beginning of rehearsals and if it's a year it end at the anniversary of the 1st rehearsal?"

I thought Chenoweth left at the end of her contract for the TV show West Wing. I don't see how that has anything to do with the Tonys per se.

#BoycottTrumplikePattiMurin

Hellob Profile Photo
Hellob
#19Hamilton - new block of tickets?
Posted: 10/31/15 at 3:48pm

My gut feeling is that they stay until New Years 2017. The contracts end in early August and if they extend 6 months they will still make pilot season if they are going for other projects. Negotiate a $$$ 6 months, ride out the holidays and go. This is based on nothing but my thoughts 

humbugfoto Profile Photo
humbugfoto
#20Hamilton - new block of tickets?
Posted: 10/31/15 at 4:59pm

I'm looking at tickets in April, and while there are still tickets available at face value, they're all at the back of the orchestra and say "partial view" even though they're not too far off the aisle. Like, for example, Row W, seat 9 or 10. What, exactly, is blocked by the "partial view"?

Also, which would be better - up close but all the way on the side (Row A, seat 11 or 12) or all the way back but more centered (the above mentioned Row W seat 9 or 10)?

Sarcasm is an allergic reaction to stupid people.

Wee Thomas2 Profile Photo
Wee Thomas2
#21Hamilton - new block of tickets?
Posted: 10/31/15 at 5:47pm

Mezz hangs low in the theater, you lose some view of the second level of the stage which doesn't really come in to play very often

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#22Hamilton - new block of tickets?
Posted: 10/31/15 at 5:56pm

I know people really want to see the OBC, but I also feel like this is a kind of show where the creative team will definitely be sticklers for extremely high-quality replacements. You'll probably be just fine.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

lite2shine Profile Photo
lite2shine
#23Hamilton - new block of tickets?
Posted: 11/13/15 at 1:21pm

The Official home page says the following now:

Javier Muñoz will play the role of Alexander Hamilton during the following performances:
Saturday Matinees: March 28, 2016 - September 3, 2016.
Sunday Matinees: Now thru March 27, 2016.

So it's safe to assume that Lin will be in the show until 9/3/16? Starting March 28th, the schedule gets irregular, some months no Sunday matinee but Monday performances. The cast will be deadly tired on Sat evening performances during summer months.

Videos