News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for DontTellPaul2

DontTellPaul2 Profile Photo
Member Name: DontTellPaul2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
 Feb 5 2019, 03:56:13 PM

natashalost said: "Call_me_jorge said: "If that were the case why would they plaster lucies face up on Times Square?"

My thinking was that they could save money by combining photo shoots for the two stars, however BWW is reporting that Lucie will join the Broadway company.
"

Agreed. It seems that people forget that these marketing campaigns are primarily for tourists who don't know the faces on posters, not for us insiders. Clearl

New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
 Feb 5 2019, 03:41:26 PM

It's a motorcoach/tour bus association. People often rent coach buses for trips, such as to see a Broadway show in NYC.

Maria Friedman to bring her acclaimed Merrily We Roll along to Boston- Is a Broadway transfer in its future?
 Mar 22 2017, 01:09:38 PM

Would anyone happen to know where one might find the filmed London production of Merrily We Roll Along? It's no longer available on Digital Theatre. I saw it in cinemas and adored it, and I'd love to see it again paired with the Lonny Price documentary.

Fun Home tour casting ?
 Aug 16 2016, 12:27:40 PM

"I mean, it's not like WONDERLAND is the vehicle for one to show off her optimal range..."

Sure, that's fair. I've seen her in several shows as well, and have always been far more impressed with her vocals than anything else. Wonderland was just the worst performance I've seen from her. That show was a travesty on its own, but the majority of the cast gave great performances despite the lack of quality material.

Fun Home tour casting ?
 Aug 16 2016, 12:19:54 PM

Is anyone else consistently underwhelmed by Kate Shindle's acting? The voice is stellar, yes. But the acting choices...? I just can't seem to forget her dreadful pseudo-psychotic performance in Wonderland.

Jennifer Hudson tweets saltiness
 May 3 2016, 03:38:05 PM

everythingtaboo said: "But that blurb is not the Tony Awards choice, that's the approved copy of the show, unless they've changed it to reflect Heather already. That "Jennifer Hudson makes her Broadway debut..." has always been there as the first line in the show's description. I guess she's never read The Color Purple website. Or anything from the show's marketing department in the history of ever."

Jennifer was not referring

Jennifer Hudson tweets saltiness
 May 3 2016, 01:46:56 PM

It's interesting that people think she's mad. It seems to me like she knew exactly what was going on the whole time. The producers wanted a "name" and she wanted to perform on Broadway. Sounds like a deal to me. She obviously was not too concerned with the Tony Awards, considering that her contract was negotiated to end before June.

Book of Mormon 1st National Closing?
 Oct 6 2015, 05:00:52 PM

ASOOS04 is correct. The 1NT will close after its Honolulu engagement in 2016.

Vocal Range for Glinda
 Aug 29 2015, 02:59:13 PM

As written, Glinda sings up to a high C, which is at the end of "Thank Goodness."

CATSNYrevival -- That was the case for Kendra Kassebaum, but all other Glindas have sung it themselves, with varying degrees of success.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You