News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ScottyDoesn'tKnow

ScottyDoesn'tKnow Profile Photo
Member Name: ScottyDoesn'tKnow
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Cast of NINE on Oprah right now  Nov 19 2009, 09:26:36 AM
That's funny because I felt she was much better in The Others than she was in The Hours.
re: Cast of NINE on Oprah right now  Nov 19 2009, 03:13:37 AM
I watched the whole Oprah cast interview on youtube starting with the link that BWNUT provided thanks to jannaclaire, and I had to feel bad for Nicole. It's as if she's being proactive and trying to defend herself by playing herself down before she hears criticism. I mean, yeah Kidman's singing is not as good as Shelly Burch or Laura Benanti or even how she personally felt the song should have been sung, but I think I like her version of "Unusual Way" much more than anything she sang on Mou
re: Cast of NINE on Oprah right now  Nov 19 2009, 02:47:59 AM
How was Cruz? She was the one that got me really excited when I first heard the news of the movie.
re: Is Rob Ashford's PROMISES, PROMISES Coming to Broadway in the Spring?  Sep 8 2009, 12:14:48 PM
How close is the book to The Apartment?

ghostwriting (was: How much of HELLO, DOLLY did Herman write?)  Jan 3 2009, 07:02:05 PM
(And "No One Is Alone" is "Candy Man" from WILLIE WONKA.)

OMG, it is...

re: Who Will Win The Grammy?  Jan 2 2009, 12:33:02 PM
KATHY GRIFFIN IS GOING WIN IN HER CATEGORY. SHE IS THE ONLY GOOD PERSON IN IT.

You mean she's the only good person in her category that includes
Lewis Black, George Carlin, Flight of the Conchords, and Harry Shearer? Seriously?

re: Grey Gardens Broadway Cast Album  Dec 30 2008, 11:08:48 PM
I think what happened is that the UPCs of the off-Broadway and the Broadway versions are the same. I work in the Music department at my local Barnes and Noble, and twice, I had to send back the Off-Broadway version to the vendor to get the Broadway version.
re: GREY GARDENS film with Lange and Barrymore will air on HBO in April 09.  Dec 27 2008, 01:21:44 PM
Wow, this looks really good. I always knew Drew Barrymore had a good actress hidden under that romantic-comedy cutesy personality. I hope this movie is as good as that teaser looks.
Movie Musicals  Dec 26 2008, 01:38:52 PM
It's funny. The more I think about this remake, the more I accept it. Hell, if there can be a million adaptations of Jane Austen books or a million Jane Eyre's out there, why not another adaptation of My Fair Lady? The first one was almost perfect (IMO), but I'd like to see a more "cinematic" version and with Emma Thompson penning it, I have a lot of faith in it.

They shouldn't stop there. They should remake the Phantom of the Opera and Sweeney Todd films too. :p

Movie Musicals  Dec 26 2008, 01:27:03 PM
I'm more inclined to agree with Plum. Making him autistic takes away the whole elitist and class aspect of the piece.

I can see Hugh Laurie as more of a Leslie Howard-style Higgins, which would be an interesting choice.

re: Bye Bye Birdie  Dec 26 2008, 11:02:28 AM
It's not as lame as the bland, boring tv-movie version though. I wonder what would've happened had they had a more capable director than Kathleen Marshall.
re: Bye Bye Birdie  Dec 26 2008, 10:55:04 AM
In the original, her boyfriend Hugo was a nerd. In the movie, he was played by hunky teen idol Bobby Rydell.

He was considered hunky? Really?

Movie Musicals  Dec 26 2008, 10:41:07 AM
I would agree with the idea of changing the ending to Pygmalion's if Higgins did not sing "I've Grown Accustomed to Her Face." That whole song is the reason why that ending is acceptable. Anyone who thinks Eliza comes back to Higgins to be a submissive doormat didn't watch closely enough.

IMO, that whole stretch from after the ball to her coming back to see her old friends to "Without You" to "I've Grown Accustomed to Her Face" is all about Eliza becoming stronger and more independent

re: 4% Tax on Theater Tickets Propsed by Gov.  Dec 25 2008, 04:06:14 PM
There's no tax on food and clothing in NYC? Really?
re: Emmy Rossum sings (a version of) the ToM cadenza on Bonnie Hunt  Dec 23 2008, 05:54:46 AM
I think im just sick of people ripping apart her performance in the movie. It annoys me when people judge based on range.

Fine. I hated that she whispered throughout that whole movie and made her very boring character even more boring and useless. There.

re: Sarsgaard and Gyllenhaal to Star in CSC's UNCLE VANYA  Dec 13 2008, 12:58:41 AM
Is this play really as boring as it was made out to be on Family Guy?

It's boring if you think Family Guy is high-end comedy.

re: Silly Line Delivery On Cast Recordings  Dec 12 2008, 01:27:10 AM
Bernadette Peters on the Gypsy Recording. I know she was brilliant on stage, but my god were those line deliveries awful on the recording. She just sounded drunk and forced.
re: What Annie Do you Like?  Dec 10 2008, 12:23:16 PM
I thought the 1982 version was pretty horrid and way overblown. In the "Hard-Knock Life" number, yeah all the acrobatics was impressive, but why were there so many orphans and where did they go after that number? And how could there be no real "Tomorrow" number? I don't think having Annie, Daddy Warbucks, FDR, and Eleanor Roosevelt sing it for comic relief was really what the song was intended for.

The worst part was Aileen Quinn...I mean Annie is smart, but she's not obnoxious. I

re: I don't care what you say, Stephen Schwartz is a God  Dec 8 2008, 02:28:59 PM
Except that the show Wicked hardly ever addresses the concept of good and evil. Of right and wickedness. All it is a show here Elphaba is victimized from the moment she walks on stage to her exit with a lame and uninteresting love triangle in the middle.
re: Chris Colombus after Rent...what has he done since?  Dec 8 2008, 12:44:59 PM
My problem with Chris Columbus is that there isn't much substance to his films. They can be very entertaining, but he really does not know how to set up and shoot scenes where there isn't some sort of screw-ball comedy going on. I also think that he seriously doesn't know how to direct adult actors (I swear that Catherine O'Hara in Home Alone and Robin Williams in Mrs. Doubtfire were pretty much self-directed). The acting and direction of the second Harry Potter film clearly illustrate Chris
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You