News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for GreasedLightning

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
Member Name: GreasedLightning
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

HELL'S KITCHEN Reviews  Apr 21 2024, 12:46:11 AM

MemorableUserName said: "KevinKlawitter said: "Variety is positive

New York Theatre is positive
"

For what it's worth, both sites mostlyreposted their off-Broadway reviews with the updated location info.

The Wrap's review:https://www.thewrap.com/hells-kitchen-broadway-review-alicia-keys/also appears to be the same until the final three paragraphs:

"On Broadway, Ali is so excited by her piano lessons that she sings a song not heard in “Hell’s Kitchen” at the Public Theater. The new song is titled “Kaleidoscope,” and I had to look up the lyrics because they are undecipherable when performed in the Shubert Theatre. Here’s a sample: “Kaleido-leido-leido-leido-leido-leidoscope/Everyone looking high and low, oh yet, oh no/You’re movin’, movin’, movin’, movin’ way too slow/I think I got that antidote, oh yea, oh no, huh.”
"

That’s weird. I’m 99.99% sure Kaleidoscope was in the show at The Public… 

What’s Next for the St. James?  Mar 13 2024, 03:36:36 PM

QueenAlice said: "Why are there suddenly about ten things rumored to be coming to the St James? Mattress, Rachel Chavkin’s Garsby, Sunset Boulevard, Stranger Things, Illinois’s…"

Because about 97% of what is posted here is pure delusion wink

WATER FOR ELEPHANTS Broadway Previews  Mar 1 2024, 11:03:57 PM

BrodyFosse123 said: "Their Plan B:

"

Not far off from their Plan A, honestly. 

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/11/24  Feb 13 2024, 08:18:05 PM

Mr. Wormwood said: "So many titles but no major well known titles or anything that's getting insanely good buzz that Broadway can't wait for it to open."

Suffs and Lempicka? Sure… but I’d argue that Back to the Future (technically this season), The Great Gatsby, The Notebook, The Outsiders and The Wiz are some of the most major, well-known and recognizable property titles that could come to Broadway. I’d even throw Cabaret and Spamalot

Which theaters are most in need of renovation?  Feb 13 2024, 06:46:43 PM

quizking101 said: "Personally, Studio 54 and Lyceum need to get the biggest updates with regards to seating.

However, a 1992 case effectively placed a severe handicap on22 Broadway theatres from being able to make marked changes to their interior due to their designations as "interior landmarks"

https://www.nytimes.com/1992/05/27/nyregion/high-court-upholds-naming-of-22-theaters-as-landmarks.html

On 44th Street, the Broadhurst, the Belasco, the Majestic, the St. James and the Shubert.

On 45th Street, the Booth, the Golden, the Imperial, the Lyceum, the Martin Beck (now Al Hirschfeld), the Music Box, the Plymouth (now Schoenfeld) and the Royale (now Jacobs).

On 46th Street, the 46th Street (now Richard Rodgers)and the Lunt-Fontanne.

On 47th Street the Barrymore and the Brooks Atkinson (now Lena Horne.

On 48th Street, the Cort (now Jones)and the Longacre.

On 49th Street, the Eugene O'Neill.

On 51st Street, the Mark Hellinger (now Times Square Church)

On Broadway, the Winter Garden.
"

Sure, but…… haven’t the Belasco, the James, the Booth, the Golden, the Schoenfeld, the Cort, and the O’Neill (and I’m sure I’m forgetting a few) all undergone somewhat of a significant interior renovation since ‘92, though? Seats, paint jobs, bathrooms, etc. 

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread  Feb 11 2024, 07:46:36 PM

Plannietink08 said: "Interesting to see they’ve used the 1901 book’s Silver Slippers instead of the 1939 movie’s Ruby Slippers. Yet they’ve kept Dorothy and friends looking almost identical to the 1939 movie

I wonder if it was a creative choice or a right issue?
"

They’re silver in the musical, too… and they are only lit red when Elphaba is casting a spell on them. 

re: G(a)linda: you&

SUFFS is coming to Broadway  Oct 18 2023, 09:47:13 AM

BoringBoredBoard40 said: "it is not the music box for the 80th time"

surprisesurprise

SUFFS is coming to Broadway  Oct 18 2023, 09:45:59 AM

BoringBoredBoard40 said: "it 100% isn't the music box"

surprise

Notebook Musical coming to Broadway  Aug 3 2023, 12:37:35 PM

insidescoopgirlie said: "I've heard they're interested in the Music Box"

Oh, the irony of insidescoopgirlie giving the wrong “inside scoop” 3 hours after official announcement. wink

PLAYBILL Covers of the 2023-2024 Season  Jun 12 2023, 04:37:36 PM

Happy 2023-2024 Season, ya'll! 

2023 Broadway Real Estate  Mar 25 2023, 09:13:33 AM

Great list! You did forget Here Lies Love at the Broadway though  

Audience Rewards ticket locations  Mar 22 2023, 09:18:50 AM

Moulin Rouge locations anyone?

Audience Rewards  Mar 13 2023, 02:14:48 PM

Can anyone report on seat locations for Moulin Rouge through AR? 

Broadway Discounts  Feb 26 2023, 05:57:04 PM

Jarethan said: "Sutton Ross said: "EDSOSLO858 said: "New York, New York

$99 orchestra seats, $69 mezzanine seats — use promo code NYNYMAIL

Offer code is valid through June 4, for performances through November 19

Good stuff. Thanks Jordan! <3

"This did not work for me. Were you on Telechargeoffers.com?

"

The official source for tickets to NYNY is SeatGeek!

Rachel Zegler teases Broadway debut:  Feb 22 2023, 10:32:34 PM

hearthemsing22 said: "2 said: "Wasn’t she attached to The Notebook at some point?"

Do you think The Notebook is Broadway-bound?
"

Do you think The Notebook is… NOT Broadway-bound? cheeky

Anthony Rapp's WITHOUT YOU at New World Stages  Jan 15 2023, 03:38:26 PM

Is there a running time for this? 

PLAYBILL Covers of the 2022-2023 Season  Jan 14 2023, 09:52:39 AM

PLAYBILL Covers of the 2022-2023 Season  Jan 14 2023, 09:51:28 AM

A Christmas Carol - Is this a joke?  Dec 27 2022, 01:28:02 PM

As a seasoned theatergoer, I’m surprised anyone on this board is shocked by astronomical prices this week. Mix this historically surge-priced holiday week with general ticket price inflation, this does not surprise me in the slightest. This show in particular is probably also banking on the fact that it’s a limited-run, holiday title and thinks it can sell the tickets at this price. Looking at their availability… however… not so much indecision

SPRING AWAKENING Revival in the Works?  Aug 21 2022, 07:56:25 PM

Kad said: "TaffyDavenport said: "JBroadway, it's from him. I think he's proven himself reliable enough to at least have a conversation about it, and, personally, I think it's more fun to entertain rumors and discuss them rather than constantly pooh-pooh them. If people would rather I say the rumors come from him, I'd be happy to do it, but I know some can't stand him, and will automatically have a negative reaction to anything he posts, so that's why

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You