News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Sebastianswain

Member Name: Sebastianswain
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: She stopped the show during Rose's Turn!
 Jan 11 2009, 01:44:53 AM
Granted it's not the same situation in a way--but Merman was not afraid to stop a show. Have you not heard the story Elaine Stritch tells about how Ethel once walked all the way into an audience to throw a drunk audience member who was yelling at her all the way out onto the street? Again, it's not the same--Ethel's case was much more justified--but still.
Random Wicked Casting Thought (about the Stage Musical, Not the Tentative Movie)
 Sep 6 2008, 08:40:34 PM
It just occurred to me while rewatching Mean Girls, Amy Poehler could quite possibly make the best Glinda ever for comedic performance at least, aside from Kendra of course, and if she had a soprano voice. ...I'm pretty sure she doesn't though... ha!
re: SPRING AWAKENING MOVIE is real . .
 Jul 9 2008, 06:02:30 PM
TooDarnHot, a poster who got reasonably bashed after he posted apparently false information; he was quite a nasty person as well... TooDarnHot, if you're PSLove302, PLEASE just go away... I mean you won't be able to officially LuPwn anymore to which you really desperately, not to mention pathetically clung, so what's the point??? Anyway, at the risk of sounding like an anti-intellectualist fan of the musical, it seems as if the straight play or a movie adaptation of would be somewhat boring... I
re: Good songs for the 'mature' soprano
 Jul 8 2008, 12:53:18 AM
Maybe "Falling In Love With Love" from The Boys from Syracuse?
re: False information being posted-please read
 Jul 6 2008, 12:18:01 AM
I desperately hope this means the complete and utter downfall of TooDarnHot... much like Glenn Close's at the end of Dangerous Liaisons or something... *rubs hands together and cackles*.
re: I don't get why when Patti sings, she
 Jul 3 2008, 05:53:22 PM
I keep hearing jaw tension, but I really don't think that's the case. It's obvious she can control the vibrato caused by the shaking of her jaw; for example, in "Everything's Coming Up Roses" at the Tonys, she goes from a straight tone to vibrato on the last note, demonstrating her control over her vibrato. What I want to know is is it proper or improper technique...
re: I don't get why when Patti sings, she
 Jul 3 2008, 04:57:56 PM
This is asked by someone with no vocal expertise, but, when Patti sometimes vibrates her jaw when she sings, wouldn't it mean she actually is riffing at a ridiculously fast pace rather than producing actual vibrato?
re: Patti:
 Jun 15 2008, 11:08:26 PM
HAHAHA! This is sooo funny; the minute they said Glenn Close was in the ceremony at the very beginning, I thought, "Ooohhh, there's gonna be such a diva fight!!!"
re: If your favorite TV show was turned into a Broadway musical,
 Jun 6 2008, 11:54:16 AM
Carrie Bradshaw played by Julia Murney
Samantha Jones played by Bernadette Peters
Charlotte York played by Kendra Kassebaum
Miranda Hobbes played by Idina Menzel strictly because she seems opinionated with just a hint of bitchy, not because I'm a hopeless Wicked fanatic, hahaha
It either would be a huge hit and MAYBE snag a long overdue Tony for Ms. Murney or flop terribly... Carrie - The Musical terribly...

re: How did 'Wicked' lose Best Musical to a show about puppets?
 Jun 3 2008, 08:47:40 PM
TooDarnHot, if you're going to act like such a pompous jackass, spell my name right at least, ! Shame!
re: Doesn't this look like the most amazing production of 'Wicked' ever?
 Jun 3 2008, 12:28:15 AM
TooDarnHot, why always needlessly rude regardless of the subject? Backstory? Either way, there really is no excuse. Musicaltheatrefan3, you love your Wicked, and that's just fine! Usually, I wouldn't pay much attention to a Wicked trailer, but it does look surprisingly cool!
re: Rename the Eugene ONeil Theater
 May 28 2008, 07:43:55 PM
Never mind; Ooshizz146, I'm very sorry someone made a sock puppet of your account.
re: Kyle Riabko in Spring Awakening
 May 26 2008, 08:30:42 PM
Iluvtheatertrash, so you've yet to go through puberty or apparently suffered amnesia sometime after you went through puberty? ! My dad, in his late fifties, is a conservative and embittered old WASP, yet he adores the show, and I've heard of other similar Spring Awakening fans, so, iluvtheatertrash, it seems there are people out there who can not only recall but relate to what Spring Awakening is all about! With that said, let's please stay on topic and keep this thread about the new leads! Love for the show is always appreciated though!
 May 26 2008, 01:27:11 PM
Thanks!
 May 26 2008, 12:51:13 PM
Adamgreer, do you have any details as to how he's been directed to play Melchior differently? I find that really intriguing... I'll check The Guilty Ones as you suggested!
 May 26 2008, 12:27:39 PM
Wow, posting became a bit hectic then, LOL. Please ignore my blank post on this thread; it used to say ignore my triple post of this topic, then I got a few responses and figured I should go with the flow, but, now, I'm rambling! So please continue to comment on this topic!
 May 26 2008, 12:13:11 PM

Another Kyle Riabko in Spring Awakening Topic, LOL
 May 26 2008, 12:09:43 PM
Wow, again, posting has been quite hectic! All I'll say is BroadwayWorld.com was running appallingly slowly and thus multiples of this topic were accidently made... but, yes, please keep the reviews of Kyle and Alexandra coming!

Kyle Riabko in Spring Awakening
 May 26 2008, 12:09:36 PM
I know almost nothing about Kyle Riabko but am quite ashamed at it being days after his first show and not a thing being uploaded onto the forbidden site and, furthermore, there being no details on BroadwayWorld.com about his performance! Start giving details, LOL. Is there any word about Alexandra or how these two are onstage together? Is there anything?
re: Stephanie J Block to be replaced by Kerry Ellis in WICKED this summer
 May 26 2008, 11:27:05 AM
Wow... that news was out like months ago... and, for those who don't know it, Kerry's London replacement will be Alexia Khadime of London's The Lion King... Once again, wow, that was pretty slow...
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You