pixeltracker

SPRING AWAKENING MOVIE is real . .

SPRING AWAKENING MOVIE is real . .

TheDodge Profile Photo
TheDodge
#1SPRING AWAKENING MOVIE is real . .
Posted: 7/9/08 at 12:41pm

but it is NOT the musical. Same source material though. The play!! SO EXCITED!!!

ExceedinglyPeculiar2 Profile Photo
ExceedinglyPeculiar2
#2re: SPRING AWAKENING MOVIE is real . .
Posted: 7/9/08 at 1:18pm

Is there a source?

"My understanding is that he is leaving show business to pursue a career as a thermometer." -- David Mamet on Jeremy Piven's early departure from the cast of Broadway's 'Speed-the-Plow'

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
#2re: SPRING AWAKENING MOVIE is real . .
Posted: 7/9/08 at 4:36pm

Do a search for older 'Spring Awakening' threads. It's been covered several times before, and didn't really require TWO new therads today.

PSLove302 Profile Photo
PSLove302
#3re: SPRING AWAKENING MOVIE is real . .
Posted: 7/9/08 at 5:06pm

you are annoying

this is one reason why I hate SPRING AWAKENING.

"I don't see that many plays, and for me, musicals are rarely pleasing. I feel the actors are being put through a kind of nightmarish labor. They're like animals being forced to pull heavy carts of vegetables at incredible speeds." --- Wallace Shawn

americanboy99 Profile Photo
americanboy99
#4re: SPRING AWAKENING MOVIE is real . .
Posted: 7/9/08 at 5:10pm

I'm astounded by your credibility.

TheDodge Profile Photo
TheDodge
#5re: SPRING AWAKENING MOVIE is real . .
Posted: 7/9/08 at 5:11pm

cool man. And so SORRY about Passing Strange. RIP

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
TheDodge Profile Photo
TheDodge
#7re: SPRING AWAKENING MOVIE is real . .
Posted: 7/9/08 at 5:18pm

tdh?

Sebastianswain
#8re: SPRING AWAKENING MOVIE is real . .
Posted: 7/9/08 at 6:02pm

TooDarnHot, a poster who got reasonably bashed after he posted apparently false information; he was quite a nasty person as well... TooDarnHot, if you're PSLove302, PLEASE just go away... I mean you won't be able to officially LuPwn anymore to which you really desperately, not to mention pathetically clung, so what's the point??? Anyway, at the risk of sounding like an anti-intellectualist fan of the musical, it seems as if the straight play or a movie adaptation of would be somewhat boring... Is the movie any good?

defyingravity07 Profile Photo
defyingravity07
#9re: SPRING AWAKENING MOVIE is real . .
Posted: 7/9/08 at 6:06pm

You annoy me but so do a lot of NEW posters.

TheDodge Profile Photo
TheDodge
#10re: SPRING AWAKENING MOVIE is real . .
Posted: 7/9/08 at 6:10pm

someone help! Are there robot responses in these threads. It seems there are a lot of posters who lack any personality and just post "you annoy me" randomly. Is this some sort of inside joke? Thanks!

SpellingBeeFan4Ever Profile Photo
SpellingBeeFan4Ever
#11re: SPRING AWAKENING MOVIE is real . .
Posted: 7/9/08 at 6:13pm

^ Are you a robot poster?

He's a faker, and you've been taken in by his con. And in doing so, you are enabling him. He is doing more damage to aspergers than papa's words ever could. -Chane/Liverpool on me having asperger syndrome.

defyingravity07
#12re: SPRING AWAKENING MOVIE is real . .
Posted: 7/9/08 at 6:15pm

***Double Post*** Updated On: 7/9/08 at 06:15 PM

defyingravity07
#13re: SPRING AWAKENING MOVIE is real . .
Posted: 7/9/08 at 6:15pm

Well we have had a long line of annoying people here.

SpellingBeeFan4Ever
#14re: SPRING AWAKENING MOVIE is real . .
Posted: 7/9/08 at 6:20pm

You want a friend here? PM TooDarnHot. His bestest friend in the world Aaron Tveit is out of town ad he needs someone to fill in for him.

He's a faker, and you've been taken in by his con. And in doing so, you are enabling him. He is doing more damage to aspergers than papa's words ever could. -Chane/Liverpool on me having asperger syndrome.

Robert Taylor Profile Photo
Robert Taylor
#15re: SPRING AWAKENING MOVIE is real . .
Posted: 7/9/08 at 6:50pm

"You annoy me but so do a lot of NEW posters."

I don't annoy you, do I?

And SpellingBeeFan, don't forget TDH also knows Sondheim's boyfriend and know's all of Sondheim's most intimate-like secrets.

But as for the Spring Awakening film adaptation of the play, I am intigued. It could definitely work as a low-budget art house feature, but not a major studio release.

SpellingBeeFan4Ever
#16re: SPRING AWAKENING MOVIE is real . .
Posted: 7/9/08 at 6:52pm

Oh yeah! I forgot.

toanythingtaboo 2 Profile Photo
toanythingtaboo 2
#17re: SPRING AWAKENING MOVIE is real . .
Posted: 7/9/08 at 7:29pm

How similar/different is the play compared to the musical?

It might seem a bit unsatisfying if they don't burst out into songs at certain points if you're expecting them to.

SpellingBeeFan4Ever
#18re: SPRING AWAKENING MOVIE is real . .
Posted: 7/9/08 at 7:34pm

PSLove is TDH. TDH was putting people down his third day on the board, which caused me to get pissed at him. Then he becomes a lupwner and I look past that. This sounds like him.

If this has been discussed, I appologize. I have been absent from the board for a few days.

Yankeefan007
#19re: SPRING AWAKENING MOVIE is real . .
Posted: 7/9/08 at 7:37pm

The musical is a piece of trash compared to the play.

TheDodge Profile Photo
TheDodge
#20re: SPRING AWAKENING MOVIE is real . .
Posted: 7/10/08 at 12:04am

SpellingBeeFan4ever>>>>>> Thank you for explaining!

PSLove302 Profile Photo
PSLove302
#21re: SPRING AWAKENING MOVIE is real . .
Posted: 7/10/08 at 12:10am

why people attacking me

I am new to Broadway and I love PASSING STRANGE but I don't like SPRING AWAKENING re: SPRING AWAKENING MOVIE is real . .

"I don't see that many plays, and for me, musicals are rarely pleasing. I feel the actors are being put through a kind of nightmarish labor. They're like animals being forced to pull heavy carts of vegetables at incredible speeds." --- Wallace Shawn

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#22re: SPRING AWAKENING MOVIE is real . .
Posted: 7/10/08 at 10:47am

I found the musical to be a piece of trash evennot compared to the play.

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

Gobstopper Profile Photo
Gobstopper
#23re: SPRING AWAKENING MOVIE is real . .
Posted: 7/10/08 at 11:19am

I just wonder how they're going to handle then ending with the Masked Man, etc. Because that's going to come across as really cheesy on film.

TheDodge Profile Photo
TheDodge
#24re: SPRING AWAKENING MOVIE is real . .
Posted: 7/23/08 at 3:27pm

I think the masked man will be easier to reveal than Moritz with no head!! THAT can be cheesy.

Videos