News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for NiceWork2

Member Name: NiceWork2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Sunday in the Park with George at The Axelrod Performing Arts Center  Mar 26 2024, 05:39:00 AM

I don't know if Eamon Foley had to seek permission per se to utilize the ballet dancers. The ballet dancers have no speaking lines.  My understanding has always been that only music and line changes need official approval. Choreogr as phy, blocking, adding in extra side characters as long as they don't speak - they say this is all at the directors discretion and imagination. They said at the box office that several years sgo Foley sent some video of his plan to the late Sondheim

LEMPICKA Previews  Mar 26 2024, 05:07:07 AM

Was that prominent one liner with profanity added back in? Is the run time now 235 with the extra scene?   Also, does anyone know what role producers play when additional material is inserted that adds to the shows run time and cost? I would think some would balk; of course r chavkin probably has enough clout to make her own independent choices. It was already a beautiful show, even better now apparently. Just wondering about the creative decision making process

Future of the Museum of Broadway  Feb 28 2024, 02:14:47 PM

Would anyone possibly recommend getting a membership here?   It runs about 150, but essentially it gives you unlimited access to the museum sunday through friday for an entire year.     that would be a good way to keep going back over and over, and one wouldn't have to feel rushed getting through in one day.   I know people say it's not big, or worth revisiting.  But it seems like a good spot to kill time and relax between shows and other things

Future of the Museum of Broadway  Feb 28 2024, 12:39:28 PM

Does anyone know anything more about if the Museum of Broadway is going to stick around?    I know they've significantly reduced their hours, especially in Jan and Feb.   Those are signs that a museum is not fiscally solvent.   I know a lot of people don't like it and say it's small, etc, but i haven't gone yet and don't want to wait too long if it's on shaky ground.       Is that Six exhibit running until April 28 big?

DOUBT 2024 Previews  Feb 13 2024, 03:34:14 PM

i saw the show on sunday.   Isabel keating indeed was fantastic.  Breathtaking.   There was no pre-show speech by Scott Ellis.    What did he talk about before Thursday's show?     I  know keating didn't have much rehearsal time before the first weekend,  but everything was obviously down pat after the first weekend.    I guess he just had the standard speech of saying that the show is just starting out, please

Regional -Bridges of Madison County  Jan 23 2024, 04:32:30 PM

i didn't see it at axelrod, but did see it at  bucks county twice.   It was a great show, but there were some significant changes from the Broadway version and the licensing materials.   I was told that Hunter got permission from Marsha Norman, who he of course knows.

can a print out ticket on telecharge that is sold still be used by another person  Nov 29 2023, 02:26:30 PM

Sutton Ross,   thanks for your empathy.   I hope you  get scammed out of a ticket one day.     Maybe you'll have a little more empathy one day. maybe.

can a print out ticket on telecharge that is sold still be used by another person  Nov 29 2023, 12:28:30 PM

i recontacted Stubhub, and that's right, they refused to give me any kind of extra coupon or compensation.   just refunded me my base price purchase and said that constituted making me whole.     Nothing extra for the time, gas,  expense, fuel, tolls, etc of going to the theatre and then being denied admittance like a homeless person .    and missed the show.

Thanks for upholding your STUBHUB fan guarantee.    

And to th

HERE LIES LOVE closing November 26  Nov 27 2023, 05:30:04 PM

That's a shame, Alex Timbers is so talented and so innovative with his shows.   I met him several times during previews of Rocky.    of course rocky had some of the same pitfalls that did in HLL.    I wonder if any members or staffers for the current Marcos administration ever saw the show?   They had to be receiving reports about it, though no one i'm sure would openly reveal if an administration official ever made it into the Broadway Theatre

HERE LIES LOVE closing November 26  Nov 27 2023, 03:05:39 PM

QuizKing and others:  

did others on the dance floor recognize and know who alex timbers was when he was on the dance floor?   the others probably kind of blended in, but Alex is very recognizable if you're familiar with broadway and his shows.   the founder of bloody blooday andrew jackson of course.

can a print out ticket on telecharge that is sold still be used by another person  Nov 27 2023, 01:11:00 PM

I'm asking this because something went wrong with a ticket i bought on stubhub earlier this week to the final show of here lies love.   it was at a relatively good price back on mon or tues.    the ticket was sent as a pdf.  i was all excited to go.   but when i got to the front of the long line on sunday, the ticket person told me the ticket had already been scanned in!   someone had already used the ticket apparently.....Or did the ticket sys

Michael McGrath has passed away  Sep 15 2023, 09:51:39 AM

this is such sad news,   i selected this screen name because in 2012-2013 Nice Work If You Can Get It was one of the first musicals i saw.   I fell in love with it and watched kathleen marshall's/ david eggers' choreography about 9-10 times, getting rush tickets each time.    What a show.   i've seen several regional productions of this Joe DePietro work since it was licensed out as well.   High schools love putting it on.  &n

Here Lies Love Rush  Sep 6 2023, 01:44:00 PM

the number of dance spots must be 300 or around this number.   i went on telecharge and counted the number of mezz seats, it is about 777 total.    about 150 dance floor chair tickets and about 20 vip box seats is another about 170.    that brings it to around 925 or so.    if the capacity is indeed around 1111, that would mean there are around 200 or 300 for the dance floor.    when the person said the total capacity was 1111, she may not hav

Here Lies Love Rush  Sep 6 2023, 10:10:32 AM

Quizking, did you get to see the Imelda alternate on a Tuesday night, then?   i guess maybe they do release some floor dance tickets for the 35 rush price on weeknights.  that seems to not be the case on weekends.   also, i didn't realize the floor could hold 500 people.    i guess it can, maybe it just has been underfilled the times i've seen the show.   the box office person said the reconfiguration brings the theatre's capacity to ab

Here Lies Love Rush  Sep 5 2023, 10:01:08 AM

i think for right now they have discontinued offering standing dance floor tickets for rush.   it seems that they sell them now for 69.00.   other rush is available though.   they indeed did change the final song several weeks ago.   not sure why, normally you don't make changes after opening night

ellen's stardust  Aug 31 2023, 09:58:30 AM

this is a bizarre post that i'm writing here.    Look, i'd never been to ellen's before, i know about the history behind the place and there are always long lines there, but i just had never been there before.  Long lines in ny usually mean a place is worth getting into.

finally got in there recently.   it indeed is a pretty nice place.   i wouldn't mean dropping by periodically and getting some food and listening to some hard working

Back To The Future previews  Jul 27 2023, 03:17:08 PM

I did notice  a  minor change in the show, which apparently happened sometime in the last 2 weeks between the Sat, July 15 show and the Wed, July 26 show.   At the beginning of ACT 2, the big visuals are slightly differently before Brown's dream dance sequence.   Roger Bart pulls a string on a visual of a big light bulb.   I don't remember that from the other 2 earlier shows.   Odd that they would make a minor change like that so late

past date ticket question for new york new york  Jul 24 2023, 12:03:14 PM

This show of course is now closing in 7 days.     I actually have two past date tickets i have to use up.     i was going to try and use one on wed night.    Do you think the box office would help me out by honoring one for the sat matinee?  That of course is outside the standard tues- thurs policy.     it may be crowded the final weekend as well.      do box offices generally try to help people out with past date tick

Clue at Cleveland Playhouse  Feb 7 2020, 07:19:40 PM

if anyone lives in the pittsburgh/cleveland/detroit/northern ohio area, there's a great new production of Clue playing at the Cleveland Playhouse.   it's so good that after seeing it last weekend, i'm going back on sat night to see it again, and traveling a great distance, several hundred miles even.   The show is based on the cult film/board game, but it has been retooled with new material since its last theatrical productions, which weren't all that well

1 Ticket for Network Friday 7pm  Dec 18 2018, 03:10:46 PM

I have 1 ticket i'm selling for this Friday's 7pm show of Network at the Belasco Theatre.  the single ticket is in Row E of the Balcony, and it is an aisle seat.    50.00 via paypal.  Let me know if you are interested.   You can PM me, but if you want to get me quicker you can call me at 4 one 0  2 zero 9  0 9 5 4.  thanks

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You