News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Tapdance2

Member Name: Tapdance2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Tips for first NYC trip?
 Feb 5 2020, 11:00:45 AM

Walk the High Line

Bike through Central Park (lots of rentals nearby)

Riverside Park & the Hudson River also a nice walk, bike ride

See something at St Ann’s Warehouse

See something at Park Ave Armory

Visit The Whitney

Walk wherever you can

Selling 2 tkts to Network 3/9
 Mar 1 2019, 05:48:11 PM

2 tickets row H on the aisle. I paid $249 each, will consider other offers. Happy to present any proof of ownership

Mockingbird, Network, or Ferryman
 Jan 4 2019, 09:57:10 PM

Tough, they’re all good shows. Think I’d go with Mockingbird, but could argue for any of the 3. Also, would love to have JBC3’s 2 sentence summation on all shows )

The Jungle - St. Ann's Warehouse
 Dec 8 2018, 01:54:50 PM

Very well done production, with a terrific cast. It can be noisy & chaotic, so not for everyone. It’s a very unusual piece, they do a great job using the entire space of St Ann’s, very immersive. I could understand a wide range of reactions to it, but I would recommend 

Hamilton Puerto Rico
 Nov 11 2018, 10:38:18 AM

Where is the rest of the PR cast coming from, anyone know?

Have 1 extra for Mandy Patinkin
 Oct 24 2018, 01:40:57 PM

I have an extra tonight for Mandy Patinkin. Price of ticket is $144. Message me if interested. Thanks

Places to Eat in Times Square
 Aug 14 2018, 02:26:34 PM

This is a very useful thread, look forward to trying a few of these spots. I had a good meal at Sardis recently, it surprised me because I haven’t ever eaten there. 

I like Victor’s Cuban, better after the show because it gets crowded. Expensive also

Palms is reliable for steak

Toloache is good Mexican

Orso, always good but reserve ahead 

Afghan Kabab House on 9th

Gotham West Market, lots of good options there

Restaurants near NY City Center
 Jan 19 2018, 11:06:38 PM

Il Corso, great Italian

Brigadoon
 Nov 19 2017, 11:55:16 PM

Beautiful production, so much talent on stage, seems like some kind of miracle they could pull it off

Does anyone have an idea how much rehearsal time a show like this gets? I'm so curious about the whole process of how they put these things together, but this one in particular because it was so good and had such a special cast

Off-Broadway
 Oct 9 2017, 10:57:31 PM

Reviews not that great for Tiny, Because, Things. 55% positive on Show Score. I was disappointed. Mary Jane is 95% for what it's worth

Off-Broadway
 Oct 9 2017, 12:17:18 PM

1.People, Places, Things 

2.Mary Jane

Bruce Springsteen to Make Broadway Debut at the Walter Kerr - November 2017
 Aug 30 2017, 01:12:20 AM

Congrats Wolfwriter, should be amazing

Bruce Springsteen to Make Broadway Debut at the Walter Kerr - November 2017
 Aug 29 2017, 11:44:54 PM

Everyone I know got the standby notification, is there anyone who was notified that they won?

THE TERMS OF MY SURRENDER
 Aug 3 2017, 10:03:50 PM

Saw the show Tues & there was no special guest. I enjoyed it, glad I saw it but some of the bits were hit or miss. The serious parts where he talked about attempts on his life & the Flint piece were the highlights. I thought I was fairly informed about Flint, but there was quite a bit of detail that I didn't know, really horrendous what's happened there. 

Q
 Aug 3 2017, 09:53:42 PM

It's a very demanding show & Oscar in particular has a difficult part, he actually started to lose his voice when I saw it last week. Pretty rough for the people who have tickets, he was really outstanding 

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Previews
 Oct 12 2016, 10:59:23 AM

Saw it last night and loved it, it's funny and entertaining throughout. I think Bartlett is one of the best writers in theater & Amy Ryan was terrific. Act 3 might need a little tightening, but thought the 1st 2 acts were both very enjoyable. The dialogue has a Mamet like cadence at times, that may bother some people, but I would recommend this highly & may try to see it again towards the end of the run to see if there are any changes

Cynthia Erivo and Joshua Henry in Last 5 Years!
 Aug 16 2016, 02:44:24 AM

Thanks Play Esq, I wouldn't have seen the tweet. Very excited for this

Farinelli & The King with Mark Rylance coming to Broadway
 May 21 2016, 10:53:15 PM

That's great news, really enjoyed this show. Although I wish they could import the Duke of York theater also, what a perfect venue for this show, so intimate and regal 

Any thoughts on 'The Total Bent' ?
 May 16 2016, 04:19:37 PM

I'm relieved to see other people didn't get the story either. I thought the music was very strong & the 3 main characters were all excellent in their roles. I would recommend it, even though the plot was a confusing mess, because the performances & music won me over. I liked it more than Lazarus

afterthesun- Spike Lee filmed Passing Strange live on Broadway in case you want to see it on film

Funny Girl transfer?
 Apr 29 2016, 04:05:49 AM

Saw this a few days ago, enjoyed it for what it was but agree Sheridan would not transfer well. She is a gifted comic actress, but her voice isn't strong enough for the role.

I do hope the bring People, Places & Things over though, it's outstanding in every way & Denise Gough is brilliant 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You