News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Egglondon

Member Name: Egglondon
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Lazarus
 Sep 13 2016, 08:38:20 AM

Thanks for correcting me. I'm sure everyone's grateful that you've confirmed a film of the show wasn't made.

Lazarus
 Sep 13 2016, 05:47:15 AM

Lazarus soundtrack to be released on October 21st.

2 CD / 3LP

CD 1 features 18 songs from the show performed by the cast and 'Hello Mary Louu' by Ricky Nelson',

CD 2 has 4 David Bowie recordings. 'Lazarus' and 3 brand new songs that were in the show - 'No Plan', 'Killing A Little Time' and 'When I met You'

Average Uber price from JFK to Times Square
 Sep 6 2016, 02:09:47 AM

Just get the Skytrain to Jamaica station then the Long Island Railroad straight into Penn station in midtown. About an hour and $12 total. No brainier.

Lazarus
 Jul 27 2016, 10:50:44 AM

Sophia Anne Caruso will not be playing 12/18 - 1/2 due to British Equity rules.

Lazarus
 Jul 25 2016, 09:40:25 AM

Unfortunately the registering for info process is not working. I found out that tickets were on sale in today's Guardian. Got what I wanted though. Better jump on this if you want to go.  Dates are Oct 25 thru Jan 22. No perf Sundays, matinees Wed, Sat and some Fri in Dec and Jan. No perf 25 and 26 Dec.

https://lazarusmusical.com/

Lazarus
 May 16 2016, 07:52:13 AM

For any U.S. people interested... Latest unconfirmed news is that Lazarus will be staged in a specialy built 800 seater as part of the King's Cross Theatre Complex in London. I'm not sure how big the overall venue is but they are currently staging the The Railway Children until October 30th. That show features a specially built stage to appear like rail track with audience on both sides. Unlikely to be used in that configuration again so i would guess that will be the space (currently

re: First Stage Door Experience
 May 9 2016, 06:56:36 AM

In New York it was I'll Eat You Last. Had a picture taken with Bette Midler.

But in London back in 1986 we were invited in to meet Liza Minelli in her dressing room at the Palladium.

Lazarus
 Apr 27 2016, 05:41:45 AM

Alex M said: "Where was this info announced?

The website Bowiewonderword's news section quoted an interview with SAC from a blog called 'This Week In New York'

Lazarus
 Apr 26 2016, 11:40:26 AM

For any US people interested, itlooks like the Bowie musical Lazarus will be in London in the fall. Original cast member Sophia Anne  Caruso will repeat her role.

DISASTER! Reviews
 Mar 15 2016, 06:26:24 PM

DISASTER! Reviews
 Mar 15 2016, 06:26:24 PM

Love your review

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 3/13/16
 Mar 15 2016, 05:35:59 AM

Forgetting what you think of Disaster! for a second, I wonder if the show's name subliminally  puts off the average show goer.

Favorite post-theatre activity?
 Mar 15 2016, 02:44:28 AM

Joe Allen

DISASTER! Reviews
 Mar 9 2016, 08:13:54 AM

Sorry to upset all the haters on here, but with a majority of good reviews and the summer approaching this might really start taking off.

Lazarus
 Nov 25 2015, 07:03:47 PM

Well, I've scored tickets. And on the day I want. Thank you New York. Face value.

I find it intriguing that so many people are unhappy with not totally "getting" this show. It's Bowie. It's not f...in Showboat. He is an intricate and profound artist. You need to take it on the level of a Bowie album. Lap it up and enjoy the sound and vision. Maybe you're not expected to "get" the whole thing. Don't try to compare and you might find something. 

Disaster! The Musical
 Nov 7 2015, 03:23:54 PM

AEA AGMA SM said: "Egglondon said: "So, an undesirable "house" is the venue or the production? I think I know.

Unfortunately I would have thought that a desirable "house" would be the one that brings in the money and kept the venue alive, irrespective of the production's quality.

I mean, a lot o

Disaster! The Musical
 Nov 6 2015, 09:53:47 PM

Phyllis Rogers Stone said: "So, an undesirable "house" is the venue or the production? I think I know.

I don't think you do. 

"please explain

Disaster! The Musical
 Nov 6 2015, 09:12:56 PM

two ladies tickets said: "Apparently there was another show booked into the Nederlander for spring, some say it was Amelie, some say it was Bronx Tale the musical, regardless, whatever it was isn't coming anymore, so they needed to fill the house and evidently this was the only thing that they could find that would take what some consider an undesirable house. 

"

So, an undesirable "house" is the venue or the production?

Disaster! The Musical
 Nov 6 2015, 03:34:04 AM

Matt Rogers said: "Egglondon said: "Interesting how some posters are not imagining the complete re-design of this show for the bigger space and audience."

Errrrr......no. What is interesting is how you started this thread with double back to back posts at 3 and 4 in the morning and now you are complaining about haters and people's lack of imagination while you shower this misguided transfer with praise. 

Continue to shill away to your heart's content but  we're not stupid. You're clearly involved in the show.

OK, just a couple of bits of info first. For me it was 8 and 9 in the morning (I live in London, England as my name suggests). I saw Disaster! at St. Lukes once at Christmas 2013 and really enjoyed it. I therefore followed it's Facebook page. Seth McF brought his one man show to London and mentioned that they had financing for Disaster! on Broadway. As time went on I thought it must have fallen through so when I checked my FB yesterday morning and saw a shiny new logo.... well, the rest you know.

I don't regard the show as Broadway gold but found it fun and expressed my opinion as to why I think it may be a surprise hit.

I looked up 'shill" (not a common word in England) and I can assure you I am not involved in the production in any way (or even in the industry). If I was would I have criticised the bad line Seth gave himself in the production, or was that just to double bluff you???

So I haven't made you out to be stupid (or any other members of the board, as you appear to want to speak on their behalf).

I don't know if you're a New Yorker but on my frequent visits I haven't encountered such hostility and I'm confident that will remain the case.*

*update: yes I did once, in The Monster, but that's another story

Disaster! The Musical
 Nov 5 2015, 06:21:33 PM

Interesting how some posters are not imagining the complete re-design of this show for the bigger space and audience. I mean, they're obviously not going to transport the St Luke's production. Oh, and yeah, it said somewhere that Seth is in the show. I think he said in London something along the lines of "I wrote it so of course I'm in it".

However, he gave himself one crap line. You'll hear it if it's kept in.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You