News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Boysdontcry66

Member Name: Boysdontcry66
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

New Musical HELL'S KITCHEN, Based on the Life of Alicia Keys, to Premiere This Year
 Nov 30 2023, 06:52:42 PM

If there's any interest, selling 2 tickets for this Saturday evening's performance at 7:00. Unfortunately my husband and I can't go, so figured I'd check in.  I'm a Member at the Public, so purchased tix at a discount, and selling them for what I paid ($115 each).

PRIMA FACIE Previews
 Apr 15 2023, 11:26:01 AM

Saw this last night from front row orchestra, production team was in the back taking notes. Exceptional all around, from the staging to what really is an extraordinary performance from Jodie Comer that I’m pretty sure will stick with me forever. I feel like marketing teams throw around superlatives way too easily but in this case the hype lived up to the experience. I had never seen her in any tv/movies before but am def now considering watching Killing Eve. 

Was

Heather Headley at Carnegie Hall
 Feb 12 2023, 02:13:23 PM

Agreed with the above, it was extremely underwhelming and the orchestra often drowned her out.  

Selling 2 Tix for Heather Headley concert tonight at Carnegie Hall / Face value
 Feb 10 2023, 12:13:57 PM

Also put this on the Buyer/Seller board but thought with limited time I'd also post here. Selling 2 tickets for tonight's sold out Heather Headley concert at Carnegie Hall. The seats are Second Tier Center, Box 46, Seats 7/8. Altogether, the total is $185 ($83.70 per ticket x 2 + $18 in fees). Tickets are PDF. Thanks.

Established Show Changes
 Jun 4 2020, 07:04:53 PM

Had the following thought, figured I'd share... most shows are generally frozen during previews, occasionally making tweaks here and there.  With the amount of time shutdown due to Covid, do you think creative teams will potentially make cuts/tweaks/additions to current shows before reopening?  Also, what changes would you make or like to see?

CHESS at the Kennedy Center
 Feb 17 2018, 12:32:27 PM

Just a heads up that tickets were released for the rest of the run. 

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
 Oct 18 2017, 11:45:16 PM

Balcony Row D center, 6 tickets, $70, Saturday 4/14.   Got the tickets after the glitch preview performances came back on. 

HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
 Oct 17 2017, 12:46:09 PM

Was looking at that Telecharge seating map, as well as the pricing structure for London.  This is 100% speculative, so I could be entirely wrong, as I have absolutely zero relation to the production.  I'm imagining that the price breakdown will be somewhat like this:  Balcony has around 300 seats, so that's maybe where the $40 and under seats are.  $40 seats are possibly center balcony, front balcony boxes, as well as a bit o

Cherry Orchard Tickets tonight, Friday 9/23
 Sep 23 2016, 10:36:53 AM

bump

Cherry Orchard Tickets this Friday 9/23
 Sep 21 2016, 02:28:18 PM

If anyone is interested, I'm looking to sell two Hiptix for this Friday nights performance of The Cherry Orchard. The tix are $25 each (face value) and are located in the front side orchestra.  Will meet you at the theatre on Friday to physically give you the tix. Cash only. Thanks so much. 

The Goat, or Who Is Sylvia?
 Jul 5 2016, 10:35:59 PM

Saw the closing performance with Bill Irwin and Sally Field.  Edward Albee walked by me outside of the theatre and I was (for the first time ever) completely starstruck.  Bill Irwin gave a quiet and heartbreaking performance while she (quite literally) tore it up... One of the funniest and most dramatic performances I've ever seen an actor give.  Larger than life, dignified, phenomenal voice work...  The audience laughed for a solid 2

BRIGHT STAR Previews
 Feb 26 2016, 12:39:13 AM

QueenAlice, I was front row on the left side, by myself in the row (B1). You almost sat next to me, before realizing your seats were in the center.  

BRIGHT STAR Previews
 Feb 26 2016, 12:00:49 AM

I just didn't care about any of the underwritten characters or the plot in general.  The cheesy book, repetitive score, cheap set, and bland direction did nothing to draw me in.  The show by no means was appallingly bad, just boring and purposeless.  Perhaps it got better in Act 2, and I am happy that others enjoyed it. I just wasn't willing to give more of my time to this.

BRIGHT STAR Previews
 Feb 25 2016, 09:37:28 PM

The cast is really talented but still left at intermission.  That bad. I can't see this staying afloat for more than a few months, at best.

BRIGHT STAR Previews
 Feb 25 2016, 07:00:59 PM

Will be there tonight. I picked up a single rush ticket at 6:30, $30, front row orchestra aisle. The woman at the box office was amongst the nicest I've encountered.  Looking forward to the show. 

Some Rush Questions
 Feb 8 2016, 12:22:03 PM

Fiddler... Went around 6 PM for an 8 PM performance (during previews). Got front row orchestra far right. Enjoyed being close to the actors but wasn't able to take in some of those amazing tableaus that were created.  Noises Off got through Hiptix gold.  Definitely worth the $75 as they offer a presage for all productions. Always grab the same seats which are 3rd/4th row orchestra, off to the sides. Color Purple - Went early in the morning during previews and was given

BLACKBIRD Previews
 Feb 7 2016, 11:14:31 AM

Saw this last night also. I picked up rush tickets at about 10:30 AM, was given row d orchestra far left.  (It was marked partial view but I missed absolutely nothing at all.)  The play really hit me (and the rest of the audience, judging from the loud gasps) like a ton of bricks. Beautifully acted, flawlessly directed...The show is haunting, intelligent and visceral. Dont want to spoil the ending, but it was definitely jaw dropping.  Afterwards, it was

Wicked tickets for Sale (1/24 @ 2:00 PM)
 Jan 23 2016, 04:30:18 PM

If anyone is interested, I bought these as a Christmas present for my niece and she's stuck in Philly.  Tix are for Sunday 1/24 at 2:00.  They are Front Mezz, Row B, Seats 20-22.  I can transfer them to you right from Ticketmaster.  Asking $100/OBO. 

$35 Wolf Hall Tickets Available (2) for Tonight at 6:30
 Apr 12 2015, 05:13:01 PM

My boyfriend and I weren't big fans of Part 1 so trying to get rid of our Part 2 tickets. (And catch Airline Highway)  The tickets are $35 each, Row A Mezzanine Partial View, seats 17 and 19. Can meet you in front of the Wintergarden ASAP. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You