News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for prouvaire

prouvaire Profile Photo
Member Name: prouvaire
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Musicals with Lesbian Character lead  Apr 12 2018, 11:56:06 AM

A Letter to Harvey Milk

Bandstand Stage Door  Jul 22 2017, 09:13:02 AM

I saw the show a few days ago and Corey came out to sign. He stage doored the other time I saw it as well. My only advice is to hurry out there as soon as the curtain call is over because both times the stage door was super crowded. Hope you and your sister have a great time!

Something Rotten Seating Question  Aug 21 2015, 01:31:41 PM

I sat in orchestra Row R and the only thing I remember being obstructed was the top part of the stage (and I already knew what that looked like because I'd already seen the show from the mezzanine).

Les miserables revival struggling?  May 7 2015, 04:29:05 PM

I saw the original production several times and I also prefer the revival. I like the new staging, the show as a whole feels more fast-paced to me, but more than anything I love this cast, particularly the ensemble. Many of the times I've gone back to see it during this past year have been because I wanted to see one of the understudies go on.

Will Swenson Last Show May 10th  Apr 12 2015, 06:36:57 AM

I'd love to see Adam Monley take over the role. I've seen him as Javert twice and he's terrific.

The King and I  Apr 6 2015, 04:15:59 PM

You can buy Linctix at the box office.

DOCTOR ZHIVAGO Previews  Apr 4 2015, 09:48:29 PM

Overall I enjoyed it but it's not something I'd run to see again. Several of the songs are beautiful but there were others that didn't stick with me at all. The performances were great and the costumes were lovely but I didn't care for (most of) the projections. My biggest issue was that the pacing felt very slow at times parts. I think if they could make it a little more fast paced (especially the beginning which dragged the most for me) it would be an improvement. 

DOCTOR ZHIVAGO Previews  Apr 4 2015, 07:55:15 PM

I was at this afternoon's show and I thought Bradley Dean was wonderful. It was hard to believe it was only his second show. 

The King and I  Mar 29 2015, 06:11:36 PM
I was there yesterday afternoon and they had individual (or couple) bows in addition to the group one.
Curious Incident Rear Mezzanine  Jan 6 2015, 08:39:13 AM
I bought my ticket through Audience Rewards and sat in center orchestra row J about four or five seats off the aisle.
Les Mis Replacements  Dec 29 2014, 12:20:48 PM
I saw Erin Clemons as Eponine once over the summer and I thought she was terrific. I'm glad she'll get a chance to play the role full time for a little while (wish it was permanent).
Code for $20 off first purchase on TodayTix  Dec 29 2014, 11:26:54 AM
Another code if anyone else needs one! KFGAL

re: Side Show Previews  Nov 14 2014, 08:36:57 AM
There is no Wednesday matinee at Phantom (they have a Thursday one instead).
BC/EFA Fall 2014  Nov 12 2014, 07:42:09 PM
I was at today's Curious Incident matinee and they had signed playbills and window cards. I'm not sure how much they were going for, though.
Broadway shows on Tumblr?  Nov 6 2014, 10:18:53 AM
^ I agree! I love their behind the scenes pictures. I wish more shows would do the same.
Broadway shows on Tumblr?  Nov 6 2014, 09:40:16 AM
Les Miserables has one: http://officiallesmiz.tumblr.com/
Imperial rear mezzanine seating.  Sep 28 2014, 04:09:26 PM
I've sat in rear mezzanine row A, right side (aisle seat) and I didn't think it was too bad. The nice thing about that seat is there is a "wall" in front of the whole row that's really a curtain so it gives you a little more leg room than some of the other seats in this theater. The stage did far away but I was still able to see the actors' faces pretty well. I found the audience to be kind of distracting though, maybe it was the night I went but there was lots of talking and also at least three
Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?  Sep 26 2014, 07:36:32 AM
musicman_bwayfan - I received a signed playbill from Curious Incident yesterday. I sent a letter about two weeks ago and wasn't sure if it was too early to write to them, so it was a very nice surprise!
Will Swenson or Earl Carpenter  Sep 3 2014, 08:38:17 AM
I've seen Will Swenson and Adam Monley and I definitely prefer Adam. He has a gorgeous voice and he gave a really wonderful, nuanced performance. I was really impressed with him and I wish he played Javert full-time.

I haven't seen Earl Carpenter yet, but hopefully I'll be able to catch him later this month.

Les Miserables Imperial Theatre seats  Aug 22 2014, 01:23:40 PM
When I stage doored after a Sunday matinee (a few months ago) all of the principals came out except for Andy Mientus, Samantha Hill, and Nikki M James. Several actors from the ensemble came out as well. I've noticed that some of the actors will mention on twitter if they have to skip the stage door so if there's anyone in particular that you're hoping to meet, you might want to check out their twitter if they have one.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You