News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Gymfan15

Member Name: Gymfan15
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements  Jan 21 2018, 08:41:32 PM

No idea, but those seeing the tour are in for a treat...I saw the matinee in Chicago today and really enjoyed Chris Lee's performance. So much talent in that kid. His Lafayette was good but his Jefferson was GREAT. 

Sad to miss Cervantes as he was on vacation, but Jeter did a nice job...his performance didn't seem super nuanced but he had a lot of energy and sang well. I was really impressed with Gregory Treco as Burr...his voice is like butter. All in all, great cast.&nbs

HAMILTON Is Being Filmed With The OBC, So Everyone Freak The F*#k Out.  Jun 16 2016, 11:17:03 PM

At the end of the day, I'm just glad that they're filming it. Knowing that it is being preserved and that I will see it eventually sometime in my life, is enough for now. I'm willing to...get it...wait for it. Haha. 

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements  Jun 16 2016, 10:54:07 AM

Guess we'll find out. I'm sure he'll have a standby at the very least; that's too big of a role to relegate to a swing I think. But what do I know, haha.

Anyway major congrats to him! I've heard nothing but good things about his performance so I'm sure he will be delighting audiences for a long, long time! AND, he already has a great reputation as Hamilton so people aren't going to be as bummed to get him instead of Lin. A lot better than casting someone gre

Was there a role for Karen Olivo in Hamilton?  Jun 16 2016, 06:49:55 AM

It would definitely have changed the dynamic if Karen had been Angelica, for sure. Right now Renee gives the role a lot of maturity and steadiness, I think because she reads older than Hamilton himself. You definitely get the big sister/little sister thing. But with Karen, she'd read a LOT younger; more Hamilton's age and maybe even the same age/younger than Eliza (because I think Pippa reads quite mature for her age; it's hard to describe but she can play the older Eliza so well

SHE LOVES ME To Be Live Streamed On June 30th  Jun 15 2016, 10:57:29 PM

How exciting! Except I'm in Taiwan, so the live-stream will be happening right as I am working. I hope and pray that they re-stream it again for those of us in opposite timezone, or have it available on-demand! I really appreciated what Daddy Long Legs did, streaming it three times so all timezones could be comfortably accommodated. 

Toronto High School's 'Tribute' to Hamilton  Jun 15 2016, 10:55:04 PM

The frustrating thing is that Hamilton JR. is likely going to be fast-tracked to schools because of how passionate Miranda is about getting this show in the hands of the kids...I fully expect to see an educational version licensed within two years or so. That's really soon for a Broadway show that is probably going to be running professionally for a long, long time. Kids who are starting high-school now will probably still be in high school when the rights are released. All you need to do

The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]  Jun 14 2016, 10:51:40 PM

Oh, I definitely get that...I never figured they'd have him perform or anything. I was just pointing out that it's a bit funny and ironic that there are people yelling "LESLIE DIDN'T GET AIRTIME!" or "DAVEED AND CHRIS AND RENEE DIDN'T GET AIRTIME!" when they actually ALL got a chance to solo at some point in the show. If anyone wants to cry wuzrobbed, at least do it for the right person, haha. 

The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]  Jun 14 2016, 10:04:10 PM

So when I watched the Tony performance live, I admit I choked up a little bit when I saw all the swings, stand-by's and other cast join in the number...maybe it was a combination of Lin getting emotional, or the big dramatic ending, or everybody screaming "WE WON" when you know it has a bit of a double meaning, haha. Anyway, I thought they way they re-choreographed the number to include more people was pretty cool. You could see Morgan Marcell a lot which was nice!

A ques

OFFICIAL 2016 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD  Jun 12 2016, 10:27:19 PM

Oh my gosh I'm not crying you're crying.

OFFICIAL 2016 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD  Jun 12 2016, 08:50:02 PM

How many times might Lin get up on that stage? That was a beautiful speech.

Tony Live Stream  Jun 12 2016, 11:52:03 AM

Torrents scare me, haha. I usually get my shows/movies on sites like Putlocker or Vodlocker, so if anyone knows of any links to those after the fact, a PM would be super helpful!

Tony Live Stream  Jun 12 2016, 11:41:41 AM

I'm international, and I'm more concerned about getting a full replay that I can watch after the fact (I have to work during the live broadcast). I can't get CBS All-Access; tried that; doesn't work.

Broadway carpool karaoke  Jun 7 2016, 09:01:43 PM

sarahb22 said: "I wish I could hear which version of 'One Day More' they were singing along to. I think it was the original London cast album (the one with Michael Ball), but it's hard to tell.

And dangit, I wanted them to do the whole song! James and Jane would make a great M. and Mme. Thenardier.

"

I'm pretty sure I heard Francis Ruffelle; her voice is quite distinctive! So either OLC or OBC.

Hamilton Cancellation Line  Jun 3 2016, 10:45:45 AM

sundaymourning6am said: "ArtMan said: 

Especially, with these people.  It boggles my mind when I read these posts that $600 is considered a bargain (I guess it is for this show) for purchasing a ticket.  Nothing is worth that price (also the amount of time waiting in line) for a three hour show or even concert. I did spend $400 for Madonna's recent concert tour, but thank goodness she postponed my show and I got my money back.  I must have

What will they perform at the Tonys?  May 28 2016, 08:38:19 AM

Yeah, I really doubt It's Quiet Uptown is one of the songs performed. Someone should analyze the rest of the video and see if they can figure out what they're doing based on blocking, haha.

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if block and stage a "new" version of a number, for instance doing "Wait For It" but changing the blocking so the whole cast is in it. Usually shows want to keep numbers as true to stage as possible, but this is a chance for Hamilton t

Hamilton is finally getting a Broadwaycom vlog!  May 19 2016, 09:06:25 PM

HogansHero said: "The reason this may seem to be "lagging" is because Broadway.com, which exists only to sell tickets at a ridiculously marked up price, has nothing to sell for Hamilton. Its sales model does not work when tickets are hard to acquire because it has no way to acquire them. 

"

A Hamilton blog might not sell tickets, but it sure is going to raise BW.com's profile in the internet community...think of all the people

How Did You First Hear About Hamilton?  May 11 2016, 02:51:11 AM

Pretty sure it was here, or from a Broadway.com video. I didn't sit down and listen to the soundtrack until fairly recently; around Christmas? I can't remember what convinced me to finally sit down and give it a try but I'm glad I did. I don't usually listen to cast albums before I've seen the show.

CATS Revival  May 5 2016, 05:03:02 AM

A bunch of my friends were in a community theater production of CATS last summer and I figured out why that show has stuck around...it's probably a BLAST to be in; lots of numbers, lots of dancing, opportunity to do fun stuff. I think as an audience member, I was enjoying myself a lot less than the cast was, haha. They looked like they were enjoying themselves supremely. 

What will they perform at the Tonys?  May 3 2016, 11:44:15 PM

I'm pretty sure Hamilton won't repeat their Grammy's performance which is a bit of a shame because that really was the best song for showcasing the entire cast. Now, they'll either showcase a few but leave a few Tony-nominated performers out, or they do a medley. Who knows. What I do think will happen is that Groff will introduce the number in character as King George. It makes sense, since it includes him without putting him in the number since he's not with the cast anym

The importance of shutting off your cell phone in a theater  Apr 29 2016, 09:18:37 AM

Went to see the Sound of Music at the Chicago Lyric Opera a few years ago and the lady in front of me had a 5 year old kid who was SO loud. She gave him her phone to play with and it was SO bright. And then the lady sitting next to me and my friend TOOK A PHONE CALL. I was like...oh my gosh. I nearly lost my cookies. People are so rude.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You