News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for nxt2bridges

Member Name: nxt2bridges
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Thought About Original Works
 Jul 18 2022, 09:54:06 PM

I have thought a lot about this topic. There isn't a maxim that works for everything- some shows that adapt books or films are great, some are not. some original shows are great some are not. there's not one type of adapted work that is sure to be great or terrible. 

There is a certain je ne sais quoi a musical has to have to be perceived as "original" or whatever and I think it comes down to whether a person thinks it was produced "for the art" or &quo

The Great
 May 4 2019, 05:44:08 PM

So I think the thing about this race is that Hadestown layers the concept of what we do for art, love, passion, with topical issues such as climate change, corporate greed/inequality, industrialism, creating a really compelling concept. That being said, a significant number of people have raised the question or supported the notion that the show needs to be slimmed significantly (cut to 1 90 minute act, switch the leading couple)- which is a pretty big critique of the supposed frontrunner for

Tony Nomination Predictions 2015/16
 Dec 29 2015, 03:09:59 AM

While I agree with many things posted, I have some objections. First and foremost~especially with the competition~ George Takei will not be getting a nomination. He is a featured actor, with no songs. He is there because it is his story, his passion project, and his character is cute and sweet, but when you have a possible 3 featured actor nominees from Hamilton, he won't get the nod. He is only above the title because he's a name. Telly Leung is the male lead of Allegiance and w

Favorite 2015 Tony Award Performance
 Jun 9 2015, 04:38:52 AM

My favorite performance of the night was Fun Home, though I wish they had kept the he was gay, and I was gay [clearly not saying the rest of it] rather than switched it to and I didn't know it, but we were both gay, because I prefer the original cadence. Sydney Lucas was great.

I enjoyed TKAI's performance as well. It was wonderful to see all the nominated actors perform.

However, the most successful performance [what will have the best return on investment for air time]

Weinstein regrets last year's NEVERLAND Tony performance
 Jun 6 2015, 03:48:28 AM

The Drama Desk lost all credibility with this year's nominations. Regardless, all awards are awards and certain people choose who gets them while the rest of us watch. If awards mattered the most, open-ended run shows wouldn't open in the fall. Theatre is an art, but it is also a business, and if a show can sell based on Tonys or other awards, great for them. If Harvey thinks that other strategies will make him more money, regardless of how the theatre community will see him, that's his choic

Broadway.com Staff Tony Predictions
 Jun 6 2015, 12:56:26 AM

I do like their video content, though that is the highlight of the site.

Broadway.com sells tickets so they have to talk about basically everything [ie oh i just wanted to give a shoutout to ______] And the one who said if Curious incident sweeps, it could pick up choreography too- like ok sure against AIP ok. I was very surprised that Paul's comment about how OTT is still around wasn't cut- I thought that would be very controversial. I was disappointed in it, though it was expecte

So, who's winning the Tony? Tony Awards Predictions
 Jun 4 2015, 10:52:46 PM

In this sense it feels like AIP winning over Fun Home would be like Beautiful winning over GGLAM, with a little more credibility this year due to AIP's choreography. Last year, GGLAM pulled through but the voter poll is calling Fun Home the underdog. I do hope that Fun Home wins

The Kristin/Kelli/Chita competition...
 Jun 4 2015, 10:41:41 PM

nyt voter poll

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/05/theater/theaterspecial/tony-voters-speak-in-a-royal-we.html?smid=tw-share&_r=0

"our tally shows Ms. O’Hara with an edge"

Something Rotten Score Similarities
 Jun 4 2015, 11:48:54 AM

The Kirkpatrick brothers in a "go behind the music" Broadway.com feature stated that queen was one of their influences for Hard to be the bard. They are also very interesting because they are from the entertainment industry. They've composed music for pop and country stars as well as like worked on films and such, which makes sense when trying to figure out the tone of this score. 

Astaire Awards 2015
 Jun 2 2015, 03:03:51 PM

Ah forgive me. As a producer for On the Town, it makes sense that Moritz would focus only on his show's wins. However, the ties also make more sense than  Ballet: the Musical losing both male dancer and choreographer. But will this impact the Tonys? I'm sure the Astaire awards are far less political than the Tonys so I guess now we wait.

Astaire Awards 2015
 Jun 1 2015, 11:39:55 PM

According to Michael J. Moritz Jr. on Periscope, Astaire Awards went to On the Town for both Choreography and Male dancer, beating An American in Paris for both. Hmm Hmm.

What song will they do at the Tonys?
 May 24 2015, 06:39:25 PM

I am curious to see if any show will disregard nominated leads in a performance, or rather not feature them vocally. For example, last year with GGLAM, Mays introduced the number with costumes. In 2009, Shrek opted for an ensemble number. Would producers rather use time to advertise the show, with a group number, appealing possibly to a wider ticket buying audience, or do a medley of a few solo numbers, to feature Tony nominated performances when votes have already been cast, especially in a

Fun home or an American in Paris?
 May 17 2015, 09:21:43 PM

"An American in Paris just won the Drama League award for Best New Musical.  For whatever that is worth as a progrosticator of the Tony Award.  "

I believe that has not so much to do with the superiority of AIP and everything to with the fact that they combined Broadway and off Broadway shows, putting Hamilton and Fun Home in the same category. My verdict is that Hamilton and Fun Home Split the vote, and AIP was the 3rd

Expert Tony predictions
 May 7 2015, 02:44:02 PM

it's interesting that Isherwood reviewed AIP and Brantley Fun Home. But I think that Fun Home is the more experimental piece of theatre, done in the round as well, should be rewarded for the risks it takes. 

As for the year it most resembles, I would venture to say that would be Millie vs Urinetown, with a more traditional show and then a more experimental, off broadway transfer. 

Featured Actress in a Musical
 May 6 2015, 01:31:55 AM

The competition this year seems crazy in this category and I'm curious as to people's predictions on this category. Personally, I believe it will be between Judy Kuhn and Sydney Lucas, but my current predictions have Fun Home winning this category.

What song will they do at the Tonys?
 May 5 2015, 10:35:18 PM

Could fun home do part of Flying Away, and then pair it with something that features others? As much as I love Ring of Keys and Lucas, I would love to have footage of another song/medley featuring more of the cast.

Drama Desk nominations will be announced today
 Apr 23 2015, 05:23:35 PM

Jordan: your argument is invalid in the sense that 4 of the nominated 6 actresses in that category are in revivals or are not creating new characters [see: american in paris]

Broadway Flea Market
 Aug 1 2014, 03:12:28 PM
I would really like to go to the flea market this year to get some bridges stuff, but if the earliest I can get there is around 3:00 pm, is it worth it (ie will there still be stuff left?)? the trip is about 3 hours with traffic.
thanks.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You