News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Jallenc32

Member Name: Jallenc32
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Hammerstein grandson on Oklahoma!  Jul 10 2019, 10:22:50 AM

BJR said: "A) Who cares? Being someone's grandchild (and not the one who runs the estate) gives you 0% more expertise on their very public work than anyone.

B) Mount your own then.
"

Agreed!

I can't wait until these shows are in the public domain so we really see what creative directors do with them. They might not all work, but I'm excited for the opportunity. Sadly the way this country is going Congress will keep extending copyright law

Les Miserables Tour 2017  Jan 19 2018, 10:00:19 AM

Caught the show in Philly last night. Holy backphrasing Batman. I don't know if Javert ever sung two lines in a row as written. The show has devolved into cartoon (something that's been happening for years now), but I've never seen it played this badly & broadly on a major tour.

Also the new tour orchestrations were horrible. Incredibly synth heavy with a weird piano solo in On My Own. I'm actually wondering if a couple players were out and they couldn

Two shows in a day?  Apr 11 2017, 09:10:47 AM

Heck I've done a five show day (but I wouldn't recommend it).

5am bus to NYC from DC

11am How The Grinch Stole Christmas

2pm Martin Short: Fame Becomes Me

5pm Forbidden Broadway

8pm A Chorus Line

11pm Evil Dead

2am bus back to DC

Favorited filmed staged productions?  Apr 7 2017, 11:56:43 AM

The current Miss Saigon is very well filmed. Others:

• Sunday in the Park with George
  • Passion
  • Gypsy from the Savoy
  • Passing Strange
  • Pippin
  • Rent

There are also the adapted version of shows that were filmed on soundstages, but intended to replicate the stage experience:

• Jesus Christ Superstar
  • Joseph... Dreamcoat
  • Oklahoma with Hugh Jackman

And if you feel like punishing yourself

• Ten Comm
Should Actors Be Smoking At The Stagedoor ?  Feb 22 2017, 10:19:30 AM

I bummed a cigarette from Raul Esparaza once before a concert he was performing at in DC. I've also had actors bum from me before shows. It is what it is.

re: So, what ever happened to The Apprentice: The Musical?  Jan 27 2017, 02:04:51 PM

Were writers ever hired for this project? And, if so, has anyone heard any of the songs? I'm oddly curious given the political moment.

Best Tap Numbers?  Jan 24 2017, 02:07:00 PM

"We Tapped That Ass" from Crazy Ex-Girlfriend if you want to include television :)

Rick Mckay's  Jan 12 2017, 03:49:29 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "Trust me. It's coming. Like Dame said , this is a labor of love and in no ways a cheap one. So while it's easy to say "it's taking forever I give up on hoping it ever happens", I just say (as someone who's seen it) - it's coming. I promise. 

"

Can you tell us when? As I said the last update I got via Kickstarter said it would be out last year.

Rick Mckay's  Jan 12 2017, 01:20:44 PM

We're not. Hasn't been an update for Kickstarter Backers in exactly a year. I emailed him a couple years ago when there hadn't been an update, and he apologized and gave one at the time, but I've stopped caring now. I consider the money lost. If the movie is ever finished I'll watch it, but I'm not holding out hope.

What play should every High Schooler Read?  Jan 12 2017, 10:41:25 AM

When I was in High School we read, Romeo & Juliet, Julius Caesar, MacBeth, The Crucible, Death of a Salesman, and I Never Sang for My Father.

Strange Musical Ideas  Jan 9 2017, 04:23:58 PM

I'd like to see The Apprentice: The Musical that was announced back in 2005. It could be hysterical.

Cynthia Erivo in Man Of La Mancha?  Dec 28 2016, 01:08:49 PM

Theater_Nerd said: "No. The show is called MAN of la Mancha and this particular classic isn't begging for a gender-bending revisal. Some things should just be left alone."

But the MAN of the title is Cervantes not Quixote. So it's not a crazy idea that you could have a male Cervantes who enlists a female prisoner to play Quixote in the play within the play. Cervantes could still function as narrator and perhaps even take on t

The rockettes to perform at the Dons inauguration  Dec 23 2016, 01:07:33 PM

yankeefan7 said: ""It is up to liberals and progressives to rise above their level and treat them with dignity even if they don't treat others that way."

Very nice and maybe it should start with the jerk yelling at Ivanka Trump on airplane the other day.
"

If I were there to witness it, or was friends with the person in question, I absolutely would have intervened and told him to knock it off.

The rockettes to perform at the Dons inauguration  Dec 23 2016, 10:42:10 AM

dramamama611 said: "  Regardless of WHY any performer doesn't want to appear, no one should be forced to do so."

No one is going to force them to be there. Now there may be penalties for not performing as their contract requires, but they're free to not perform and risk being kicked out of the Rockettes. The problem is that it seems they want to be able to be in breach of contract while also not being penalized for being in breach of contract. It doesn&#

The rockettes to perform at the Dons inauguration  Dec 23 2016, 09:37:11 AM

This. BroadwayConcierge, your response is disgusting and makes you sound like a Trump voter. If you are, what are you doing here?"

Trump supporters can love theater too. It is up to liberals and progressives to rise above their level and treat them with dignity even if they don't treat others that way.

The rockettes to perform at the Dons inauguration  Dec 23 2016, 09:17:37 AM

I'm as liberal as they come, but I totally understand the position of the union here. None of these Rockettes will be promoted by name, and thus they won't individually be "endorsing" Trump. This is no different than asking the staff at a restaurant to do their jobs when a VIP they may not like comes in to eat.

TITANIC at Signature Theatre in D.C.  Dec 22 2016, 01:17:53 PM

Auggie27 said: "From the WaPo video, I could only think: Wouldn't this looking stunning in Circle in the Square?

"

Circle in the Square doesn't have the balcony needed for this design / staging.

Potential HAIRSPRAY Broadway Revival?  Dec 5 2016, 09:27:46 AM

yankeefan7 said: "I am one of those that thinks a revival should come only after show has been closed for at least 10 years.

"

Well Hairspray has been closed for just about 8. By the time they got financing in place and a theater for a revival it would probably be 9 years at the earliest. It's hard to believe it's been that long since Hairspray closed, but it has.

That said, I do think a revival is a bad idea for all

Future of Diner the Musical  Dec 1 2016, 05:09:22 PM

I hated it in Virginia. Thought it was a complete waste of an afternoon. I understand why it was attempted, but it just didn't work.

Giant musical at the Public  Nov 17 2016, 02:19:35 PM

I really liked it at the Public, but I LOVED it at the Signature in VA when it was four hours long. I felt the cuts made to get the running time down hurt the show, and the three act structure worked much better to denote the three primary time periods of the story. 

I remember reading they were planning on licensing both versions of the show, but I'm not sure if that came to fruition.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You