Impossible2
#2Spongebob Fan Drama Thread Removed
Posted: 5/7/18 at 12:45pm

LOL

BroadwayRox3588 Profile Photo
BroadwayRox3588
#3Spongebob Fan Drama Thread Removed
Posted: 5/7/18 at 12:47pm

Yeah, I got my prediction wrong though. I thought it'd get removed before 8am.

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#4Spongebob Fan Drama Thread Removed
Posted: 5/7/18 at 12:52pm

It was so good. I need to know why the Rubix Cube fandom excommunicated her.

TotallyEffed
#5Spongebob Fan Drama Thread Removed
Posted: 5/7/18 at 12:52pm

Besides the obvious. I want specifics.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#6Spongebob Fan Drama Thread Removed
Posted: 5/7/18 at 12:53pm

TotallyEffed said: "It was so good. I need to know why the Rubix Cube fandom excommunicated her."

You know how I feel about this.

Shook.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Fosse76
#7Spongebob Fan Drama Thread Removed
Posted: 5/7/18 at 12:54pm

I personally didn't see anything wrong with the thread. It wasn't a "mean" thread per se, and it definitely highlighted an aspect of the theater-going experience.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#8Spongebob Fan Drama Thread Removed
Posted: 5/7/18 at 12:55pm

Don't worry, I'm sure Alan will come in and copy/paste the usual spiel.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

BroadwayRox3588 Profile Photo
BroadwayRox3588
#9Spongebob Fan Drama Thread Removed
Posted: 5/7/18 at 12:57pm

My guess is because it provided links to her social media pages.

dearalanaaaa Profile Photo
dearalanaaaa
#10Spongebob Fan Drama Thread Removed
Posted: 5/7/18 at 1:01pm

What even happened??

valerie3058 Profile Photo
valerie3058
#11Spongebob Fan Drama Thread Removed
Posted: 5/7/18 at 1:04pm

Fosse76 said: "I personally didn't see anything wrong with the thread. It wasn't a "mean" thread per se, and it definitely highlighted an aspect of the theater-going experience."

Man I wish I got read it :/ I wonder what happened. 

devonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
#12Spongebob Fan Drama Thread Removed
Posted: 5/7/18 at 1:08pm

It was about a 15 year-old entitled Spongebob stalker.

More sad than funny.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#13Spongebob Fan Drama Thread Removed
Posted: 5/7/18 at 1:11pm

It was sad, but her admission that she had been kicked out of the Rubik's Cube fandom because of drama is objectively hilarious.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#14Spongebob Fan Drama Thread Removed
Posted: 5/7/18 at 1:12pm

Kad said: "It was sad, but her admission that she had been kicked out oftheRubik's Cube fandom because of drama is objectively hilarious."

The spittake I just did with my iced coffee proves you very right. 

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#15Spongebob Fan Drama Thread Removed
Posted: 5/7/18 at 1:27pm

Dare I ask?   What the heck IS Rubick's Cube fandom?    (Or am I reading too much into it?)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Eliza2 Profile Photo
Eliza2
#16Spongebob Fan Drama Thread Removed
Posted: 5/7/18 at 1:29pm

I didn't even know there was a Rubik's cube fandom and now I'm even more intrigued.

Alex M Profile Photo
Alex M
#17Spongebob Fan Drama Thread Removed
Posted: 5/7/18 at 1:33pm

How does one get kicked out of a “fandom”? All I’m imagining is a group of kids in a meeting together and politely asking her to hand back her Rubiks cube And Rubik’s cube accessory’s.

TotallyEffed
#18Spongebob Fan Drama Thread Removed
Posted: 5/7/18 at 1:39pm

Here is the full quote:

“it seems that everytime i join a fandom- last time it was rubiks cubing (dont judge) there is drama ONLY HAVING TO DO WITH ME. i joined the broadway community hoping it would bring me happiness. but noooo.”

Eliza2 Profile Photo
Eliza2
#19Spongebob Fan Drama Thread Removed
Posted: 5/7/18 at 1:45pm

TotallyEffed said: "Here is the full quote:

“it seems that everytime i join a fandom- last time it was rubiks cubing (dont judge) there is drama ONLY HAVING TO DO WITH ME. i joined the broadway community hoping it would bring me happiness. but noooo.”
"

On the more serious side - my advice to her would be that Broadway CAN bring you happiness. Go see shows, listen to cast recordings. Maybe stop at a stage door to say hello and get your Playbill signed. You don't have to have "relationships" with cast members to enjoy Broadway. It's those "fandoms" that can create the stressful situations, THAT'S what you should avoid. Enjoy the theatre, don't worry about the fandom.

Impossible2
#20Spongebob Fan Drama Thread Removed
Posted: 5/7/18 at 1:47pm

Eliza2 said: "TotallyEffed said: "Here is the full quote:

"

On the more serious side - my advice to her would be that Broadway CAN bring you happiness. Go see shows, listen to cast recordings. Maybe stop at a stage door to say hello and get your Playbill signed. You don't have to have "relationships" with cast members to enjoy Broadway. It's those "fandoms" that can create the stressful situations, THAT'S what you should avoid. Enjoy the theatre, don't worry about the fandom.
"

Yes but then it wouldn't all be about 'her'.

Elfuhbuh Profile Photo
Elfuhbuh
#21Spongebob Fan Drama Thread Removed
Posted: 5/7/18 at 1:47pm

Yeah, I'm going to guess it was taken down because of all the links to her social media pages. Anyways, I hope something is done soon to improve that situation.

"Was uns befreit, das muss stärker sein als wir es sind." -Tanz der Vampire

Nycat63
#22Spongebob Fan Drama Thread Removed
Posted: 5/7/18 at 2:02pm

I'm so confused and sad. Apparently I totally missed a fun thread. 

deathofacatler
#23Spongebob Fan Drama Thread Removed
Posted: 5/7/18 at 2:05pm

It may still be in a google cache. It was pretty interesting...

antonijan Profile Photo
antonijan
#24Spongebob Fan Drama Thread Removed
Posted: 5/7/18 at 2:16pm

Tina Landau supports her...maybe to prevent the situation to escalate from bad to worse and save SB from a PR nightmare

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#25Spongebob Fan Drama Thread Removed
Posted: 5/7/18 at 2:38pm

Where does Tina Landau voice her support? I cannot imagine any director of a musical would be in support of someone who illegally live streams their show and harasses their cast.

Videos