News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Jamie Pierce

Jamie Pierce Profile Photo
Member Name: Jamie Pierce
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Chicago at City Center Encores  Oct 3 2020, 12:09:29 AM

When I took a workshop with Ann Reinking, she told the history of the production and she said it was supposed to be Liza. 

Songs That Sound An Awful Lot Like Other Songs  Jun 16 2019, 09:16:36 PM

I Love To Cry At Weddings 

We Need A Little Christmas 

Plays you want to see revived in the next 10 years  Oct 26 2018, 04:39:58 PM

Paul Rudnick's Jeffrey was dated for many years but now I think would work great as a period piece.

Little Shop of Horrors  Oct 26 2018, 04:00:17 PM

I'm still burned we never got the Alice Ripley Audrey we were promised back in the early aughts. But at least we get to see the production's Lee Wilkof Mushnik. 

Funny Girl Broadway Revival? Lady gaga?  Oct 26 2018, 03:56:24 PM

I'd rather see Gaga in something like Evita with a slightly more rock edge to it

Chorus Line @ NY City Center  Oct 26 2018, 03:54:07 PM

I did a production of Carousel with Eddie Gutierrez (he was our Carnival Boy) and he is a PHENOMENAL dancer. I know he's played Paul before so I'm thrilled to see him in this. 

Funny Girl Broadway Revival? Lady gaga?  Oct 25 2018, 11:35:21 PM

KH**** said: "I have two words. JESSIE. MUELLER."

I had Rachel Shukert on my Barbra podcast 'Hello, Gorgeous' and we talked about a Funny Girl revival and I brought up Jessie Mueller because she's always been my first choice. But Rachel said no because she isn't Jewish and thinks that's essential for whoever plays the role in terms of identity of the character and story. After considering that, I think she's may be right. 

Kerry Butler in Burn This  Aug 15 2018, 08:28:23 PM

Keri Russell is our next generation Ann Reinking and we’re lucky for the second chance 

Betty Buckley in Song and Dance  Mar 26 2018, 07:51:18 PM

I would have loved to see both Bernadette and Betty in this piece. The part is such a tour de force for a musical theatre actress. So wonderful that they are still around, both taking on another great female lead role.

Breaking: THE BOYS IN THE BAND Will Come to Broadway This Spring with Jim Parsons, Zachary Quinto, Matt Bomer, Andrew Rannells & More!  Nov 2 2017, 11:57:40 AM

David Hull for Cowboy? Still too old? 

Auf wiedersehen Hedwig  Jul 3 2017, 04:43:06 PM

A tribute and farewell to this stunning production which played its last performance on tour. 

I saw every single Hedwig (save for standby Mason Alexander Park, sadly - although I did sit next to him at the Pantages!) I got kissed by NPH and had my glasses licked by Lena Hall. Won the lottery once! Took everyone with me from my parents to my in-laws to my co-workers. 27 viewings in total.

This show changed my life and I will miss it dearly.

What is your favorite Tony Award winning performance of all time?  Jun 18 2017, 03:01:34 PM
Neil Patrick Harris, Hedwig
I saw him 13 times. I am NOT an NPH fan and I went in with very low expectations. Mesmerizing.

Katie Finneran, Promises, Promises
It's one of those performances that you lean over to your theatre-going partner and say, "she just won a Tony"

Patina Miller, Pippin
Again, low expectations because I did not enjoy her work in Sister Act and I was sceptical it would pale in comparison to Ben Vereen.

I loved Christine Ebersole in Gre

Josh Gad in Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum  Jun 12 2017, 11:50:59 AM

I second this! GREAT idea. 

Charlotte d'Amboise  Jun 1 2017, 05:13:11 PM

I read that she played Mrs Mullens in a production of Carousel in Chicago. How interesting to have such a talented musical theatre dancer play an acting-only role in a musical. I think that really speaks to her versatility. 

Charlotte d'Amboise  May 31 2017, 05:11:38 PM

Did anyone see her Charity? 

HEDWIG TOUR  Oct 3 2016, 01:31:24 PM

Ok, I hope you're right. We'll see...

HEDWIG TOUR  Oct 3 2016, 01:25:15 PM

Jshan05 said: "KJisgroovy said: "Have I missed a casting announcement for the rest of the tour? 

My stop isn't until March... but... there's some stops in December. I'd think they'd have announced by now. 
"

I was just thinking this same thing. I live in Denver and the tour will be here in December. I tried looking on the website but couldn't find any information about casting...

Sally Field and Joe Mantello Will Lead THE GLASS MENAGERIE on Broadway Next Spring  Jun 7 2016, 02:26:07 PM

Menagerie is the Gypsy of straight plays! (and I'm fine with it)

Hedwig tour set for early October 2016  Mar 27 2016, 11:17:11 AM

I'm hearing Jake Shears...

Bette Midler will be raking in the $$  Jan 25 2016, 11:12:09 PM

How much did NPH make for Hedwig? I recall a much larger number but perhaps I'm remembering incorrectly. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You