Charlotte d'Amboise

Miss Jezebel DuPree2
#1Charlotte d'Amboise
Posted: 5/31/17 at 12:33pm

What's next for this fantastic triple threat? 

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#2Charlotte d'Amboise
Posted: 5/31/17 at 1:00pm

I've heard rumor from a reliable source that she's considering going on the road with Chicago this fall.

ScottyDoesn'tKnow2
#3Charlotte d'Amboise
Posted: 5/31/17 at 4:10pm

She was the first Roxie Hart I saw on Broadway (she was filling in for a week or two while the show was in-between Roxies) and I'll never forget her. She and Bianca blew me away as Roxie and in different ways!

AEA AGMA SM
#4Charlotte d'Amboise
Posted: 5/31/17 at 4:23pm

She's honestly one of the best Roxies you could ask for. If she's in the show I never hesitate to tell people that it's worth checking out if they are questioning. She understands the character so well and her performance is always 100% and flawless.

Plus she's just a lovely person in real life, and though my interactions with her have been pretty brief (in the hallways at various rehearsal studios, a couple of benefit concerts where I'd see her for a few minutes for rehearsal and then the few minutes backstage before her performance), they have always been lovely.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#5Charlotte d'Amboise
Posted: 5/31/17 at 4:31pm

She's one of my favorite performers ever. Would love to see her back on Broadway in a new role sometime!

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#6Charlotte d'Amboise
Posted: 5/31/17 at 4:44pm

She truly is a brilliant Roxy, and I wish she worked more often. What a great talent! I agree that Bianca Marroquin and d'Amboise are incredible and completely different as Roxy Hart.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

Jamie Pierce Profile Photo
Jamie Pierce
#7Charlotte d'Amboise
Posted: 5/31/17 at 5:11pm

Did anyone see her Charity? 

ABB2357 Profile Photo
ABB2357
#8Charlotte d'Amboise
Posted: 5/31/17 at 9:53pm

I did! Can't remember how far into the run it was, but I'm really, really glad I got to see her. I wasn't a fan of the production, but it was pretty stunning how she went right into the show on such short notice and was basically note perfect.

Keep in mind, I wouldn't say she was giving a deepened, fully fleshed out performance - that would have been impossible due to the circumstances. But she looked, sounded, and danced the part beautifully, was clearly working her ass off and gave it her all (but the effort didn't show one bit). That was probably the consummate "this is what a real pro looks like" performance I've seen. If she'd gone to Broadway with it and had more time to settle into the part, I think she might have come close to matching Verdon as Charity.

ScottyDoesn'tKnow2
#9Charlotte d'Amboise
Posted: 5/31/17 at 9:58pm

I always wondered how Donna McKechnie was as Charity. Bob Fosse and Gwen Verdon picked her out when she did her return run in A Chorus Line and I loved her line delivery in that special BC/EFA performance of "There's Gotta Be Something Better Than This".

Miss Jezebel DuPree2
#10Charlotte d'Amboise
Posted: 6/1/17 at 11:13am

I went to see PIPPIN twice... I just wanted to see her dance! 

BuddyStarr Profile Photo
BuddyStarr
#11Charlotte d'Amboise
Posted: 6/1/17 at 11:18am

I saw her in Boston when the tour started and she had to replace Applegate right away.  She was ok but then again it was an immediate replacement.  I liked her in Pippin and I think I saw her do Cassie in ACL but I can't remember where.

Jamie Pierce Profile Photo
Jamie Pierce
#12Charlotte d'Amboise
Posted: 6/1/17 at 5:13pm

I read that she played Mrs Mullens in a production of Carousel in Chicago. How interesting to have such a talented musical theatre dancer play an acting-only role in a musical. I think that really speaks to her versatility. 

asmith0307
#13Charlotte d'Amboise
Posted: 6/1/17 at 5:32pm

J52 said: "I read that she played Mrs Mullens in a production of Carousel in Chicago. How interesting to have such a talented musical theatre dancer play an acting-only role in a musical. I think that really speaks to her versatility."

She danced in Carousel! I can't remember if it was during the dream ballet, or during some other segment. However, I remember thinking that she was twice my age, yet more flexible that I will ever be.

What was funny to me was that I waited at the stage door for her (I NEVER stage door, except in special circumstances), and pretty much every one there was waiting for Steven and/or Laura. I was the only one who cared about Charlotte until I got a photo with her. Then all of a sudden people were like "oh, she's important?".

Criminal, I tell you.

WestCoastActor/Director Profile Photo
WestCoastActor/Director
#14Charlotte d'Amboise
Posted: 6/2/17 at 1:18am

I remember the first time I saw her in a show was Song and Dance starring Bernadette Peters.  Her brother Christopher had already left the show but Charlotte was a standout dancer.   Then seeing her dance in Pippin 31 years later- amazing!

Miss Jezebel DuPree2
#15Charlotte d'Amboise
Posted: 6/5/17 at 1:02pm

J52 said: "Did anyone see her Charity? 

I wish!!!