Auf wiedersehen Hedwig

Jamie Pierce Profile Photo
Jamie Pierce
#1Auf wiedersehen Hedwig
Posted: 7/3/17 at 4:43pm

A tribute and farewell to this stunning production which played its last performance on tour. 

I saw every single Hedwig (save for standby Mason Alexander Park, sadly - although I did sit next to him at the Pantages!) I got kissed by NPH and had my glasses licked by Lena Hall. Won the lottery once! Took everyone with me from my parents to my in-laws to my co-workers. 27 viewings in total.

This show changed my life and I will miss it dearly.

Updated On: 7/3/17 at 04:43 PM

mamaleh
#2Auf wiedersehen Hedwig
Posted: 7/4/17 at 1:40am

I caught HEDWIG on B'way with Harris and the excellent tour (in NJ) starring Euan Morton. IMHO Morton sang and acted rings around the B'way star.  If Morton had opened in the show on B'way, he'd have won the Tony. 

bear88
#3Auf wiedersehen Hedwig
Posted: 7/4/17 at 8:10pm

J52... 27 shows and, basically, every Hedwig in the revival? Wow.

I've seen a fair number of musicals in the past two years, from Oregon to Broadway, and Hedwig and the Angry Inch was the most unexpected and delightful surprise. My daughter wanted to see Darren Criss (a reminder of Glee's lingering influence), and I was curious about Lena Hall, so we got rush tickets sometime in the afternoon for the Saturday evening show. We basically went in cold (I watched "Midnight Radio" on YouTube, and that was it) and the show turned out to be one of my favorite musicals even though it took me a little while to get my bearings. 

While I can't say it was life-changing for me, it's certainly the best rock musical I've ever seen, and combines creativity, humor, and heart in a unique show.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#4Auf wiedersehen Hedwig
Posted: 7/4/17 at 10:41pm

What a production it was at the Belasco!!! I went to at least 3-4 in-person lotteries each week and managed to see NPH, Ranells, Hall, JCM (before and after the injury), Criss, and Diggs!  :)

This is on the top 5 favorite musicals of all time for me. So glad to have seen it here on Bway (I live in NYC and unfortunately don't really travel as of late to see the tour production.)

WestCoastActor/Director Profile Photo
WestCoastActor/Director
#5Auf wiedersehen Hedwig
Posted: 7/4/17 at 11:09pm

Here is the Father's Day tribute from Euan's son, Iain Armitage of Iain Loves Theatre Fame who was on Big Little Lies and soon to be starring as Young Sheldon.Auf wiedersehen Hedwig

LudwigPage
#6Auf wiedersehen Hedwig
Posted: 7/4/17 at 11:15pm

WestCoastActor/Director said: "Here is the Father's Day tribute from Euan's son, Iain Armitage of Iain Loves Theatre Fame who was on Big Little Lies and soon to be starring as Young Sheldon.

"

Aww that boy is his son? He stopped by while we were in line for DEH and he told us how amazing the show is and that we will love it. What a small world :) 

herewegoabc
#7Auf wiedersehen Hedwig
Posted: 7/4/17 at 11:28pm

J52 said: "A tribute and farewell to this stunning production which played its last performance on tour. 

I saw every single Hedwig (save for standby Mason Alexander Park, sadly - although I did sit next to him at the Pantages!) I got kissed by NPH and had my glasses licked by Lena Hall. Won the lottery once! Took everyone with me from my parents to my in-laws to my co-workers. 27 viewings in total.

This show changed my life and I will miss it dearly.

I saw Mason and thought he gave one of the best Hedwig performances I've ever seen! He was amazing!!

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#8Auf wiedersehen Hedwig
Posted: 7/5/17 at 1:04am

Hopefully it will pop up regionally for now. I love this show - and hope to play it - and I hope it's more widely performed now.

Videos