pixeltracker

Josh Gad in Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum

Josh Gad in Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#1Josh Gad in Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum
Posted: 6/12/17 at 10:45am

Dammit, I'm so mad that Josh was lying like that crying  Man, what a performance and a easy and deserved Tony would that be!

But, I actually have a gut feeling that it's actually in the works. I was thinking of the "postponed" revival  a couple of days ago and was thinking how James was easily replaceable. With the recent timeline and Josh quickly rising in Hollywood, I think time couldn't be more perfect and it would make sense that Josh teased everyone like that. 

What do y'all think? Was he lying about the lie?

MCfan2 Profile Photo
MCfan2
#2Josh Gad in Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum
Posted: 6/12/17 at 11:30am

No idea, but I hope so. That role would be perfect for him.

NOWaWarning Profile Photo
NOWaWarning
#3Josh Gad in Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum
Posted: 6/12/17 at 11:32am

I remember when the Corden revival fell through hoping it would fall into Josh Gad's lap.

Dysquith13 Profile Photo
Dysquith13
#4Josh Gad in Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum
Posted: 6/12/17 at 11:42am

I can imagine a bunch of producers in the room going like "wait, what if we ACTUALLY did that?"

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#5Josh Gad in Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum
Posted: 6/12/17 at 11:43am

It would seriously be theatrical perfection. Praying that some bigwig producer heard that and went, "Hey...that's not a bad idea."

Jamie Pierce Profile Photo
Jamie Pierce
#6Josh Gad in Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum
Posted: 6/12/17 at 11:50am

I second this! GREAT idea. 

Margo319
#7Josh Gad in Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum
Posted: 6/12/17 at 12:11pm

He did Mormon so he could be discovered and do television shows and movies.  That was his plan all along it would seem.  Like Sara Ramirez, he's moved well beyond Broadway unfortunately. It's been 5 years since he was on Broadway, and he has/had four movies released in 2017 alone.

MaddieBB12 Profile Photo
MaddieBB12
#8Josh Gad in Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum
Posted: 6/12/17 at 12:20pm

I was fast-forwarding to catch up and I played it just as he said that, so I was SO EXCITED!!! And then...ugh. I want this to happen SO BADLY!

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#9Josh Gad in Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum
Posted: 6/12/17 at 12:45pm

Dysquith13 said: "I can imagine a bunch of producers in the room going like "wait, what if we ACTUALLY did that?"

"

I'm also thinking this. I am not surprised phone calls are being made right now. 

If not next year or next season, this will eventually happen

reginula Profile Photo
reginula
#10Josh Gad in Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum
Posted: 6/12/17 at 12:50pm

I screamed "OH MY GOD JOSH HAD DOES SONDHEIM OH MY GOD" when he said that, and my heart broke. I'm glad to see several people here who think it would be amazing as well. I really hope to see it happening in the future. It would be absolute perfection. 

willrolandsframes
#11Josh Gad in Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum
Posted: 6/12/17 at 2:23pm

I would be shocked if this isn't already in the works. There has to have been one producer in the room last night who is going to take up that idea and run with it.

On the other hand, I would bet that this producer would be Scott Rudin, so on second thought, maybe I wouldn't want to see this come to fruition. I'm not looking forward to the second edition of #PennyGate.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#12Josh Gad in Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum
Posted: 6/12/17 at 2:38pm

Personally, I think he's more suited to Hysterium than Pseudolus.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#13Josh Gad in Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum
Posted: 6/12/17 at 2:57pm

willrolandsframes said: "I would be shocked if this isn't already in the works. There has to have been one producer in the room last night who is going to take up that idea and run with it.

On the other hand, I would bet that this producer would be Scott Rudin, so on second thought, maybe I wouldn't want to see this come to fruition. I'm not looking forward to the second edition of #PennyGate.
"

I'm very sorry but the scandal has already been christened Passarelle-gate.

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

JennH
#14Josh Gad in Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum
Posted: 6/12/17 at 4:34pm

Mister Matt said: "Personally, I think he's more suited to Hysterium than Pseudolus.

"

PRAISES, I thought I was the only one who was thinking this. Don't get me wrong, he'd be fine as Pseudolus, but Josh's comedic niche is still "village idiot/dimwitted sidekick". Pseudolus, as we all know, is funny as **** but still whip smart. He'd SLAY that ditty that is "I'm Calm" for sure.

Ado Annie D'Ysquith Profile Photo
Ado Annie D'Ysquith
#15Josh Gad in Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum
Posted: 6/12/17 at 4:56pm

The boyfriend and I literally shouted in agony when Mr. Gad said that he was lying. That news would have made the whole night for me!

http://puccinischronicles.wordpress.com

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#16Josh Gad in Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum
Posted: 6/12/17 at 6:20pm

I'm still crying from when James Corden pulled out. 

Ado Annie D'Ysquith Profile Photo
Ado Annie D'Ysquith
#17Josh Gad in Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum
Posted: 6/13/17 at 8:52am

That's what she said, macnyc.

http://puccinischronicles.wordpress.com

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#18Josh Gad in Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum
Posted: 6/13/17 at 10:02am

Mister Matt said: "Personally, I think he's more suited to Hysterium than Pseudolus."

Agreed, absolutely. He would be an excellent Hysterium, I think.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Videos