News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for rich.hanson59

rich.hanson59 Profile Photo
Member Name: rich.hanson59
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The cast of the Best Show of 2012 will be at Barnes and Noble on the Upper East Side
 Jul 6 2012, 11:28:18 PM
Has anyone been to a signing at B&N before? What time would you recommend getting there? The listening party is at 3, with the signing beginning at 4. Thanks in advance.
Worst Fake Signed Playbill I have ever seen
 Jan 29 2012, 11:14:39 PM
I would love for Miranda Sings to do a dramatic reading of her replies. That's the voice I'm getting from the incoherent rambling.
Broadway Lyrics that Make No Earthly Sense
 Jun 24 2010, 12:50:26 AM
I always took the ghoul line from country to be Anne making a jab at Desiree's age. Which she does again "decrepit Desiree." The line referencing Madame Armsfeldt doesn't make sense in my opinion.
is b'wayworld radio working for everyone right now?
 Jun 15 2010, 01:16:14 PM
I had to click on it a few times for it to actually play, but on the third or fourth time I got it to work.
re: What Did You Get at the BCEFA Broadway Flea Market?
 Sep 27 2009, 05:38:59 PM
I got:

Original Production Little Shop of Horrors Playbill ($1)
Orig. Prod. 42nd Street Playbill ($.50)
Damn Yankees Revival Playbill ($.50)
Follies Revival Playbill ($.50)
Orig. Prod. Ragtime Playbill ($.50)
A torn yellow shirt from HAIR ($10)
HAIR shirt ($10)
Billy Elliot Program ($10)

And I spent 15 trying at the TKTS pick-a-tix and came away with a pair of Fantastiks tickets.

Overall I spent $48

re: NEED to trade these
 Sep 27 2009, 12:43:16 AM
Please forgive me for reviving a coolkid thread, but how did this booth work (the above descriptions are not very clear), and will there be another at this year's flea market? Thanks.
re: Favorite Company Quotes
 Sep 25 2009, 05:32:14 PM
"Hey buddy don't be afraid it won't be perfect, the only thing to be afraid of really is that it won't BE"
re: Worst Theatre Experience
 Sep 19 2009, 09:53:13 PM
"What is it with this board and reading comprehension issues?"
I understand that the discussion was about people of all sizes leaning because anyone can obstruct a view by leaning. I was personally replying to Pgenre's and Weez's posts.

Weez said " If you're THAT TALL that you know you will ALWAYS block someone else's view, then don't you think it's your responsibility to consider that when booking your ticket? There's back rows, boxes, aisle seats, all sorts of places where being

re: Worst Theatre Experience
 Sep 19 2009, 05:06:58 PM
I completely agree, there really is a double standard. I am very tall. I'm 6'8". I sit wherever I want. No, I am not going to sit in the last row of the mezz everytime see a show, however I do realize that it may be hard to see around me, and I always make it a point to sit perfectly still so those behind me don't have to keep adjusting their view and miss things. But to say that it is our responsibility as tall people to sit in the boxes or in the last row is just unfair.
re: Shrek (the musical) to be released commercially or on DVD?
 Sep 18 2009, 02:29:11 PM
Why did this not work for Legally Blonde? They were not doing very well, and with the help of the broadcast and the reality show they remained open for another year. Say what you want about the show but hte producers were pretty smart about keeping it open.
re: BYE BYE BIRDIE first preview...
 Sep 13 2009, 03:05:59 PM
Every named character got entrance applause. It was the first preview.
 Sep 12 2009, 07:14:51 PM
Yeah, i see what you mean. I think that they chose a Birdie more in line with todays stars that the girls go crazy for (Zac Efron, The Jonas Brothers), a pretty boy. Which I agree does not make much sense in the context of the show.
 Sep 12 2009, 05:32:56 PM
My thoughts on the first preview:

The design: I really liked the sets. I liked that they were very simple and geometric with bright colors. I also enjoyed the costumes. Especially the Sweet Apple families, each with their own respective color. I think that the treadmill worked well. As for the projections, I think that the falling rose petals in ?Rosie? was a little corny, but other than that they added to the design.

The choreography: I really enjoyed the choreo. For ?The Tele

re: REVIEW: Bye Bye Birdie (long)
 Sep 12 2009, 12:46:12 AM
ColorTheHours, I completely agree with everything in your review.
re: 10 Musicals
 Sep 5 2009, 11:07:58 PM
1. Into the Woods
2. Little Shop of Horrors
3. 42nd Street
4. Gypsy
5. Sweeney Todd
6. Legally Blonde
7. West Side Story
8. Hair
9. Chicago
10. Cabaret

How did you hear about 7?
My grandma really loves the show, so we watched the movie together a few times, and then I was in a small production/revue of the show when I was younger.

Would 4 make a good movie?
Yes, It would, and has made a great movie.

W

re: Anybody interested in doing me a huge favor? (re: Bye Bye Birdie Ticket
 Aug 10 2009, 06:56:43 PM
Yeah, I was #58 in line. 1-50 got lunchboxes and 51-100 got playbills. And I got Front row mezz in the center, and got there around 7.
Hair 7/7
 Jul 8 2009, 11:40:27 PM
I saw Hair for the first time today and absolutely loved it. Jay was great as Claude. Gavin Creel sat on the stairs in the mezz for the show, right by where I was sitting and told my friend that he would be perfroming in tonights show.
re: Favorite Vibrato Moments
 Jun 24 2009, 08:45:06 PM
"My absolute favorite is from "Paris Original" form the Broderick revival of How to Succeed.

that woman who sings the lyric "Some irresponsible dress manufacturer JUST DIDN'T PLAY FAIR!, I'm one of a pair...."

Her vibrato is a force of nature. "

COMPLETELY agree. That is my favorite part of that recording.

re: Legally Blonde - Becky Gulsvig can sing
 Jun 8 2009, 08:50:21 AM
Who were the sorority girls? I only picked out Tracy Jai, and I think Gaelen Gilliland was all the way on the right side, but I could be wrong.
re: Alice Ripley's Speech
 Jun 7 2009, 11:26:33 PM
I thought her speech was completely flat and off-pitch, she was even yelling!! How she won was beyond me.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You