News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for MyGreyGardens

MyGreyGardens Profile Photo
Member Name: MyGreyGardens
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

" A REAL JERSEY BOY" The penning of a Broadway Musical. An interview with Grey Gardens Tony Award nominated lyricist, Michael Korie, by Robb Brawn.
 Dec 10 2007, 12:54:18 PM
" A REAL JERSEY BOY" The penning of a Broadway Musical. An interview with Grey Gardens Tony Award nominated lyricist, Michael Korie, by Robb Brawn.

MyGreyGardens.com creator, Robb Brawn has added his recent interview with Grey Gardens Tony nominated lyricist, Michael Korie to his site. Brawn addresses writing the musical from the prospective of a musician, paying particular attention to the changes that occurred between the Off Broadway production at Playwrights Horizons a

re: Post a message for Barbara Cook on the occasion of her 80th Birthday.
 Oct 20 2007, 09:20:23 PM
A funny story about Barbara Cook. I met her musical director, Wally Harper, through a mutual aquaintance, organist Ethel Smith. Ethel was doing a show with impersonator, Charles Pierce, at the Village Gate, and Wally was in the audience. Wally had been a ghost arranger for Ethel when he was still in school. I was introducted to Wally, and in turn introduced to Barbara at Reno Sweeny in the village. After the show, when we met, she rather comically said she wasn't too sure she wanted to be
re: MOST HAPPY FELLA/I LOVE LUCY TRIVIA
 Oct 19 2007, 05:46:31 PM

ALSO, the guy who plays the theater manager, played Mr Wilson on Dennis The Menace...

re: MOST HAPPY FELLA/I LOVE LUCY TRIVIA
 Oct 19 2007, 11:07:24 AM

You got it ! That was the one !

MOST HAPPY FELLA/I LOVE LUCY TRIVIA
 Oct 19 2007, 10:31:06 AM
I didn't read through all of replies to the member asking about the music from The Most Happy Fella", maybe someone's already posted this, BUT on 3/27/57, in an episode of I Love Lucy, called "Lucy's Night in Town", The Ricardos and the Mertzes attend a persormance of The Most Happy Fella". It was a promotional deal as Desilu was a partial financer of the production. It is a worthwhile episode to watch..
A REVIEW OF THE MAKING OF GREY GARDENS THE MUSICAL
 Oct 18 2007, 01:51:14 PM
A review of "The Making of Grey Gardens the Musical", which debuts tonight in the Hamptons, as well as part two of Robb Brawn's interview with Albert Maysles has just been posted at www.mygreygardens.com Enjoy !
re: Totally Tastless Musicals!
 Aug 27 2007, 10:04:21 AM
BUSH... THE MUSICAL... OH.. Sorry... there would be nothing to sing about AT ALL !
GREY GARDENS LONDON PRODUCERS VS BROADWAY PRODUCERS
 Aug 26 2007, 08:32:09 PM
To answer the emails regarding this topic that we've been getting: The US/Broadway producers are finished with this show ! Done and ended. IF it were to open in London, which is STILL not set, it would not be produced by the same folks who bankrolled it, most likely mismanaged it, and ultimately closed it ! It still totally boggles my mind that the Broadway producers didn't give this show more of a chance. 10 Tony noms, and 3 wins then they close !
re: GREY GARDENS LONDON
 Aug 23 2007, 03:11:47 PM
I have to agree that if one has seen the original documentary, the musical is much more meaningful. When I first heard that they were doing this, I thought "what a bad idea ! " The script and the music, however were unreal, but they did stretch the truth a bit, and maybe could have done a bit more of the same for "artistic sake". I have no idea what direction the movie will go. Al Maysles, the film maker said to me "I just hope they get it right"
re: GREY GARDENS LONDON
 Aug 22 2007, 09:15:47 PM
A good point, but it could go either way I think. The only thing that I had thought about in a negative way was the fact that the whole story was very" New York", meaning that it was all over the news when the health department came down on the Beales, and cousin Jackie O bailed them out ? People in the UK most likely never heard about it. I know very little about theatre in London, but I DO know music, and the Brits are MUCH more loyal fans than Americans, especially in regard to the leg
GREY GARDENS LONDON
 Aug 22 2007, 04:38:37 PM
We have had a good number of emails at our website regarding the London production of Grey Gardens. Despite some very official looking news on other web sites, we have it from VERY reliable sources that NOTHING is set or signed. We were promised to be one of the "first to know". If there are any London fans, or any other fans for that matter that want to know as soon as we do, please join our mailing list at www.mygreygardens.com From our end, we REALLY hope this happens.... This is much to
re: Grey Gardens Site
 Aug 21 2007, 09:30:46 AM
More pix to come shortly... thanks for looking... you can join our mailing list to be updated about the new pix
MyGreyGardens Profile Picture
 Aug 21 2007, 09:26:44 AM
Ok, my profile picture. This picture is of me (Robb) and Christine Ebersole, backstage at the Walter Kerr Theater on 7/7/07. We're holding a picture of the REAL Edie Beale and me, taken almost 30 years ago at Grey Gardens. Ms Ebersole was very gracious in helping me realize my vision for the home page of my site, which you can check out at www.mygreygardens.com
Grey Gardens Site
 Aug 20 2007, 11:19:49 PM
Hey All... wanted to invite all Grey Gardens fans to my new site: www.mygreygardens.com... Lots of cool stuff. Check it out and love to be in touch with more Grey Gardens fans...
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You