News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for GiantsInTheSky2

GiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
Member Name: GiantsInTheSky2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread  May 6 2024, 02:53:34 PM

Which is inevitable, yeah? Her run was a major success, I’ve been waiting for a return announcement like they’ve done with Jinkx and Ariana. 

LEMPICKA Reviews  May 1 2024, 10:27:33 PM

The book also needs extensive work. 

Just For One Day: The LIVE AID Musical London - Reviews, News and Discussion Thread  Apr 29 2024, 10:58:52 AM

Unless this is something truly spectacular, I feel like this should be a BCEFA concert. 🤷‍♂️

It sounds like they are aiming to have at least Toronto and West End running for the 40th anniversary next year. Do we think it’ll come to New York by next July? 

MARY JANE Reviews  Apr 26 2024, 04:29:34 PM

I’m still on hold, but the automated commercials are just repeating the (now cancelled) “Forbidden Broadway” ad over and over. 

THE WIZ 2024 Broadway Cast Recording Thread  Apr 26 2024, 03:37:13 PM

This cast is phenomenal, and I’m glad these performances and arrangements are being preserved. I already know I’ll be replaying this revival’s “If I Could Feel” more than I should. 

To whom it may concern: Please give us the full album. I actively mourn the almost-50-year-old original cast album’s omissions. 

FORBIDDEN BROADWAY Coming to Broadway This Summer?  Apr 26 2024, 03:34:09 PM

“The show, written by Gerard Alessandrini, was to begin previews July 15 and to open Aug. 5 at the Helen Hayes Theater, and was to be capitalized for $3.2 million, according to a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission. It is not clear if the producers had successfully raised all that money, and ticket sales, which began earlier this month, had been slow.”

OH MARY! Officially Transferring to Lyceum Theatre this Summer - 12 Weeks  Apr 25 2024, 10:06:32 AM

MSAQ is being performed at the Edinburgh Fringe in August, and he is doing a different show prior to that. If a transfer dues happen (unlikely), it would be fall/winter, and hopefully off-Broadway first. 

Riedel podcast covering SUNSET BOULEVARD with interviews including AWL, Close, LuPone, Sondheim  Apr 24 2024, 05:31:28 PM

I’ve listened to all episodes thus far, and honestly, The Sunset Project is a more interesting and entertaining podcast on the subject. 

THE HEART OF ROCK AND ROLL Opening Night Critics’ Revies  Apr 23 2024, 03:23:13 PM

Mr.Liir said: "You can go to TKTS, sit in the orchestra, and not pay $500."

…but then they lose something to be obnoxiously self righteous about!

THE HEART OF ROCK AND ROLL Opening Night Critics’ Revies  Apr 23 2024, 07:42:41 AM

“I (a person who keeps tabs on almost all Broadway shows) only learned tonight via reviews that the show is:

• a musical comedy
  • set in the 80s
  • antics involving a cardboard factory
  • featuring a himbo in a towel”

I find it hard to believe that you had no idea this show was set in the 80s - and same for the himbo in a towel, as that’s all anyone has truly talked about other than &

Hairspray (Revival)  Apr 19 2024, 09:23:06 AM

They probably could/should have done the opposite of The Wiz - a limited revival followed by a national tour. I think it would have done well for a limited run around reopening, it’s light, and would then continue to do well on the road. I don’t see a stand-alone revival being a big success, especially not right now. 

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club Previews  Apr 16 2024, 09:11:51 PM

Any merch? Is the album available at the theater?

LEMPICKA Reviews  Apr 14 2024, 08:12:37 AM

I just saw a video from a speech (I believe pre-show) where the creators said, “16 years ago we sat down and said, ‘we’re going to write a big, epic musical, and maybe someday it’ll get to Broadway’.”

This made all the sense in the world, considering most people I know who’ve seen it have shared the same sentiment of ‘all style, little substance’. Which is unfortunate because there IS a terrific story and show in there. It&rsqu

John Napier's Brilliant Set Designs for the original SUNSET BOULEVARD  Apr 10 2024, 07:42:01 PM

By far my favorite set design of all time (obviously). 

Gothamist: Why are Broadway tickets so expensive right now? It’s not just inflation.  Apr 6 2024, 06:35:08 AM

From: “it would be kinda neat if shows discounted their inventory to try to fill their houses.“

To: “it would be amazing if they did something like this and lowered the prices, it's never a guarantee that it would fill houses”

🤷‍♂️

SUNSET BLVD to transfer to Broadway  Apr 5 2024, 11:31:38 PM

chernjam said: "Am curious what happened with Rachel Tucker if she turned this down or what the plan is"

She’s been pretty booked back to back since Sunset closed, but I can’t find anything announced that far out, so it’s still a possibility. It would be her fourth time on Broadway, IIRC.

LEMPICKA Previews  Apr 5 2024, 08:50:21 AM

I wasn’t saying that those performers have forever ruined their voices and can no longer sing. My point still stands that each of them had years of very rough vocal performances, during and post-Wicked.

Shoshana vocally struggled through her stint on the national tour (after straining her vocal cords on Broadway), same for Idina in London, and Eden in LA & SF but has yet to make the full arc that the former two have with their adjustments. 

Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?  Apr 5 2024, 08:42:16 AM

BroadwayNYC2 said: "Gathering my thoughts which unfortunately aren’t the most positive. I so wanted to love it, but left disappointed"

Please don’t tell me it’s because of the key changes for Jinkx. I’ve heard her and she sounds great, IMO.

LEMPICKA Previews  Apr 4 2024, 07:29:03 PM

I second the comment about hoping Eden starts transitioning to plays. While she was a phenomenal voice in BKLYN and Wicked (on Broadway), everything after that has been a bit rough. Which is no surprise as that’s the same journey as other OG green girls (Idina & Shoshana) after multiple runs and years of overdoing it. 

This is not to bash her. She’s a great actress. I find her to be incredibly charismatic and engaging. I don’t think we need to keep forcing he

John Cardoza held at gunpoint, Michael Stuhlbarg attacked with a rock  Apr 1 2024, 05:59:46 PM

I have lived here for a decade. Never had an actual problem until this year, and now I’ve had three. The first being a homeless & unwell person, with a knife, at 34th St station while on my way to a presentation two weeks ago. Luckily other passengers stepped in where the police officer moved further down the train

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You