pixeltracker

Just For One Day: The LIVE AID Musical - Reviews, News and Discussion Thread

Just For One Day: The LIVE AID Musical - Reviews, News and Discussion Thread

Dylan Smith4 Profile Photo
Dylan Smith4
#1Just For One Day: The LIVE AID Musical - Reviews, News and Discussion Thread
Posted: 2/7/24 at 6:52pm

A couple of my friends in the UK saw this recently and have had nothing but PRAISE for it. Has anyone on here seen it yet? It sounds pretty good!

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince
Updated On: 4/29/24 at 06:52 PM

yyys
Dylan Smith4
#3Just For One Day: The LIVE AID Musical London - Reviews, News and Discussion Thread
Posted: 2/7/24 at 8:01pm

yyys said: "Another jukebox?"

Yeah. 

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#4Just For One Day: The LIVE AID Musical London - Reviews, News and Discussion Thread
Posted: 2/7/24 at 8:06pm

Seeing it early next month and I’m looking forward to it. Reviews have ranged from 1 star to 5 stars so i have no clue what to expect. 

Dylan Smith4
#5Just For One Day: The LIVE AID Musical London - Reviews, News and Discussion Thread
Posted: 2/7/24 at 9:22pm

Jordan Catalano said: "Seeing it early next month and I’m looking forward to it. Reviews have ranged from 1 star to 5 stars so i have no clue what to expect."

One of my friends who saw it said that it's one of the best things he's seen since SIX blew up. I also saw someone post on their social that said to think of this show like Come From Away but with "all of the most famous songs every written." Just hope we can get a cast album or even a West End transfer. 

Dylan Smith4
#7Just For One Day: The LIVE AID Musical London - Reviews, News and Discussion Thread
Posted: 4/29/24 at 9:19am

jacobsnchz14 said: "https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Rialto-Chatter-LIVE-AID-Musical-JUST-FOR-ONE-DAY-Will-Transfer-to-Toronto-Is-Broadway-Next-20240429"

Interesting. I thought they would've worked on it more, then do a West End run before going to North America. Heard the reviews were mixed, so I hope they've made the necessary improvements. 

GiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
#8Just For One Day: The LIVE AID Musical London - Reviews, News and Discussion Thread
Posted: 4/29/24 at 10:58am

Unless this is something truly spectacular, I feel like this should be a BCEFA concert. 🤷‍♂️

It sounds like they are aiming to have at least Toronto and West End running for the 40th anniversary next year. Do we think it’ll come to New York by next July? 

I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.

Latest Posts