News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Phantom4ever

Member Name: Phantom4ever
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

What Next For The Majestic?  Apr 29 2024, 02:11:41 PM

How long would you expect an Audra-led Gypsy to run? September 2024 to late summer 2025 perhaps? 

So many on this board were repeating the rumor that Phantom was returning to the Majestic in the 2024-25 season. Just curious if those rumors have died down now or if Gypsy would be more of a limited run. 

What Next For The Majestic?  Apr 29 2024, 09:24:28 AM

Jesse St. James said: "Gypsy announcement is tomorrow,Herbie isPaul Giamatti.

Glad they are cleansing the Majestic of ALW withSondheim/Styne
"

The Majestic does not need to be cleansed of Harold Prince and Maria Bjornson's masterpiece. 

Feel stressed when arriving to the theatre?  Apr 26 2024, 09:10:52 AM

I get anxiety arriving to the theater too. I often try to get there  once the line has died down a bit, perhaps 15-20 minutes before showtime. But I also like to take pictures of the marquee and sometimes even a couple signs in the lobby and my oh my have I been yelled at about that!

I am used to the ticket takers yelling and I don't fault them for it because they are talking to hundreds of people at once, most of whom aren't listening, so they have to say things loudly ov

What Next For The Majestic?  Apr 21 2024, 12:55:01 AM

Sweaty Oracle is now reporting Audra's Gypsy is going into the Majestic, although he also just said that Stranger Things is going in. 

Man that new house curtain is U G L Y! 

I've always loved how the sculptures at the tops of the columns on the side walls look a lot like the rising candelabras from Phantom. 

As much as I am still devastated over the loss of Phantom, it is actually somewhat comforting to see the seats back in the theater. 
<

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 3/31/24  Apr 2 2024, 04:16:35 PM

Does it seem like there are more houses full of shows this spring than usual? 

Hamilton On Broadway 10th Anniversary  Mar 26 2024, 05:57:59 PM

Wouldn't any 10th anniversary of Hamilton be in reference to the August 2015 Broadway opening, not the February off-Broadway opening? 

Congestion pricing will destroy broadway  Mar 26 2024, 10:23:02 AM

Your theory is that people will be willing to pay for the gas to drive all the way to Manhattan, the exorbitant toll at the Hudson River crossings, the insane parking rates in Times Square, and the high price of Broadway shows, but the dealbreaker will be the the $15 extra dollars they have to pay for congestion because they insist on driving into the city for no good reason?  I don't see it. 

Have you ever seen a musical on Broadway that didn't get a standing ovation?  Mar 24 2024, 01:03:53 PM

I've been to many performances of Rent later in its run when it only received a few rows of standing ovation; same for Phantom. Often what would happen is people in the back would get up, and then the people in the front didn't notice that people were standing. 

The very first time I saw Les Miserables on Broadway in December 1998, I was shocked by the rock concert vibe of the audience, hooting and hollering after every song, and of course enthusiastically jumping to their

What Next For The Majestic?  Mar 10 2024, 10:17:03 PM

FWIW, Sweatyoracle is reporting that Stranger Things is going into the Majestic

What Next For The Majestic?  Mar 10 2024, 11:27:25 AM

I'm sorry! I can't figure out how to post a pic on here. I know I did it before with just copy and paste but it's not working. I'll keep trying.

What Next For The Majestic?  Mar 10 2024, 12:35:56 AM

What we have to remember about theaters and Phantom is reason why the Majestic was chosen in the first place. The Shuberts agreed to structurally change the building, including using explosives to blow up the solid rock below the stage to fit the candelabras. That was 1986/1987, so who knows, maybe there are more theaters now that have stages that go deeper in the ground. For example, the Imperial had quite a high set piece from Billy Eliot that went down into the trap room so maybe it would be an option now. But since the new London show is so much smaller and cheaper maybe they could get it to fit somewhere else. On the tours, the candelabras just tracked in from the sides so I wouldn't put it past CamMack to try that with a new production on Broadway. 

Here's another pic of the front of the theater, the former lobby.

https://imgur.com/a/XOofSPk

Why do so many shows conform to the typical Tue-Sun performance schedule?  Mar 7 2024, 09:13:10 AM

Hearthemsing, nobody is asking for Broadway shows to change their schedule to suit one person, so please let it go. 

The latest survey from the Broadway League shows that vacationers on theater binges are not so common. Yes, 95% of theater-goers were likely to see another show, but it isn't going to be the next day's matinee. After 3 months, only 42% of those people will have seen another show. And only 55% of theatergoers saw at least two shows last year. 

https://www.broadwaynews.com/the-broadway-league-releases-2022-2023-audience-demographics-report/#:~:text=In%20terms%20of%20repeat%20attenders,61.4%25%20in%202018%2D2019.&text=In%202022%2D2023%2C%20Broadway%20attracted,on%20average%2C%20a%20younger%20audience.

So we bingers are a sizable chunk of the audience, but unfortunately not large enough to start offering frequent Thursday and Friday matinees, as awesome as that would be for those of us who try to cram in as many shows as possible per trip. 

Christmas week is so great for this because every year it is possible to do a two show day every day of the week. 

The LES MIS movie is much better than I remembered (2024 re-release)  Feb 27 2024, 05:15:17 PM

I loved the Les Miserables movie.  Saw it seven times in the theater. I thought the look of the movie was perfect in terms of the colors, the type of shots, the costuming... all of it worked. 

As for the Phantom movie. Hmmm.  As someone who saw the original Broadway Phantom 90 times, London once, original tour five times, new tour four times, college production once, Las Vegas Phantom 3 times, high school production twice, I can confidently say that the Phantom movi

What Next For The Majestic?  Feb 19 2024, 11:42:12 AM

jackkelly2024 said: "This looks gorgeous. It is making me think that unlike in London (where they preserved most of Phantom's original proscenium despite the renovations) --they might not open Hal Prince Phantom lite here. If it is going to be POTO after all, I wonder if the Trieste/Madrid version will come, along with its star (although Ramin booking Pirates of Penzance in 2025 has confused me among the rumors I heardstating he was already being sought for the revival).

H

What Next For The Majestic?  Feb 16 2024, 05:21:20 PM

On Instagram.  Just do a search for pics taken at the Majestic Theater

What Next For The Majestic?  Feb 16 2024, 03:36:35 PM

Smh. I meant to post this picture along with the one with the Phantom set still in place. This is from about 5 weeks ago:  

May be an image of dancing

What Next For The Majestic?  Feb 16 2024, 01:35:14 PM

and what it looked like 1988-2023

Broadway and Tomorrow’s Nor’easter  Feb 13 2024, 09:05:43 AM

During the 10 years I lived in Hoboken and worked as a teacher, we had several snow days just about every year I was there, and it seemed like they always managed to fall on a Wednesday so I would always hop on PATH and see a Broadway matinee on my snow days. It was rare to unheard of for Broadway to cancel for snow. Although Broadway did shut down for the record breaking two feet of snow in 2006. 

What Next For The Majestic?  Feb 8 2024, 03:22:01 PM

Has any of the exterior black paint been removed yet?

Seth MacFarlane to Broadway?  Feb 1 2024, 11:16:00 AM

Macfarlane loves 1930's screwball musical comedies (movies) and he has been about to live out that dream many times through the many "Road to..." Family guy episodes. He doesn't get to do the choreo but he gets to sing the Brian and Stewie parts and I think that's satisfying enough for him. He can make new episodes of those whenever he wants. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You