News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Amneris

Amneris Profile Photo
Member Name: Amneris
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Ricky Martin Stage Door Evita  Apr 11 2012, 11:27:59 PM
But, it doesn't make Mr. Martin a bad person like you are making him out to be. Like other people stated, he had a show to do. He doesn't owe anyone anything before a performance or for that matter after. If I were your daughter, I would be smitten and grateful that he kissed my cheek because that will probably never happen to most of us on here. Calm down mam, at least you got to meet him. Be thankful for that.
Ricky Martin Stage Door Evita  Apr 11 2012, 11:07:48 PM
and you joined today to share this?
Evita  Mar 17 2012, 10:18:59 AM
bwayphreak, I am right there with you on the Elena Roger train. I saw the show and found it a truly fantastic production. I have never seen "Evita" live before and had only watched youtube clips of Patti, Elena in London and listened to the cast recording. I think many people are being way to harsh on Elena expecting her to give Patti LuPone's performance of nonstop belting. I support Elena for making healthy vocal choices and having somewhere to go throughout the show. You really saw the way E
LYSISTRATA JONES -- 1st Preview TOMORROW!  Dec 10 2011, 01:23:32 PM
This show was sadly really bad I don't want any show to fail but, I don't see this making it either. The cast is really trying but, the material just isn't up to par for Broadway. It would have been better staying where it was. I think this will be another "Andrew Jackson" and be a hit off bway, fail on bway and be forgotten about by Tony time.
I do however wish all involved the best of luck.

Dear Santa, I Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally Want a 25th Anniversary INTO THE WOODS Re  Oct 11 2011, 04:50:06 PM
:)
Dear Santa, I Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally Want a 25th Anniversary INTO THE WOODS Re  Oct 11 2011, 04:21:13 PM
I bet your wish comes true next season. I love ITW also!

lysistrata jones the musical  Sep 6 2011, 03:17:19 PM
did anyone happen to catch this in its off-broadway run? I just read in an old article that it's coming this season and was curious of peoples opinions on it.
NYMF?  Sep 6 2011, 03:12:48 PM
the cast for Ghostlight seems to be top notch but, I heard the music on their website and decided to pass on tickets after that. I am seeing Madame X -The Musical/Balls instead. Good luck to all involved.
New Annie Revival Opens Fall 2011  May 7 2011, 05:19:24 PM
If you guys do watch Life After Tomorrow, Kathy Raicht who played Annie? Even said Miss Hannigan would really hit her with the paddle. Where was actors equity then?
New Annie Revival Opens Fall 2011  May 7 2011, 04:51:29 PM
what probably went down was a child not getting enough attention and a S-mom getting pissed about it.
New Annie Revival Opens Fall 2011  May 7 2011, 03:31:07 PM
There were a few small stories about verbal stuff said by a late miss hannigan. do not know how true it is but, things were said by a stage mom. Not that it matters now. It is highly doubtful Wanda Sykes or Andrea M. would ever do that if their picked. I do think it is important though for people behind the scenes to learn how to approach a child about growing and their weight. After watching "Life After Tomorrow", it seems like those ladies are all screwed up from stuff they dealt with on Broad
New Annie Revival Opens Fall 2011  May 7 2011, 02:38:39 PM
they need to learn from their mistakes of the last revival.

no miss hannigan that is really nasty backstage to kids and no competition for children auditions. That could ruin them for life.

New Annie Revival Opens Fall 2011  May 7 2011, 01:54:14 PM
I'd love to see Beth Level as Miss Hannigan... The Drowsy Chaperone being verbally abusive would be a nice evening in the theater. It may even get me to sit through that show again.
Catch me if you Can Preview Thread  Mar 30 2011, 08:07:23 PM
the audience didn't seem bored when I was there. I think there were 45 Kids from Ohio on a class trip who were going nuts with excitement and the rest of the audience as well. Maybe you went on an off night or continue to participate in a thread to voice your opinion in a negative way for the hell of it? 2 of the friends I went with are very critical people and had a great time. They loathed Jersey Boys which I thought was a wonderful theatrical experience. So I trust their valued thoughts. You'
Catch me if you Can Preview Thread  Mar 30 2011, 05:54:56 PM
well yes, but, the ladies playing the chorus in Chicago looked bored out of their minds. And it was easy to tell. It was just refreshing to see such an energetic cast. I guess that is the beauty of every new musical because they aren't bored yet.
Catch me if you Can Preview Thread  Mar 30 2011, 05:31:51 PM
I've tried to stay away from the boards and just read comments in most threads but, I did want to add my two cents about "Catch Me.." I finally saw the show with a few friends expecting it to be a boring train wreck from what some of you have described and wound up having the best evening. I found the show entertaining and that is all I care about. I remember Nathan Lane saying in an interview shortly after "The Addams Family" got reviewed: "Can't we just entertain? Is that not allowed?" and thi
More HOW TO SUCCEED casting includes Hanke, Blanchard  Dec 29 2010, 06:14:12 PM
cameron adams (promises promises, shrek,cry baby, hairspray, oklahoma and music man) is in the ensemble and understudy to Rosemary.
Marty Thomas suing Twitter  Oct 16 2010, 09:32:06 AM
Some people might think the case of Marty suing Twitter is unimportant but, what would happen if the person who wrote such a "silly" thing according to others turned out to be someone on Broadway? That person might have just screwed themselves no pun intended. I know some of us here...well a lot of us say mean,sarcastic, true, untrue things because we feel we can. It's a message forum and that seems fine as long as we don't say things to really hurt someone here. But, when you have a social net
A BLOODY BLOODY Masterpiece!  Sep 27 2010, 03:13:07 PM
Although 90 minutes, i kept checking my watch to see when it was over. I found the jokes to be insulting and stupid. This seemed more like a college production filled with sophmoric skits then a Broadway production. I am sorry to be so negative but, paying decent money to see a show like this bothers me. There was also a lady next to me who was quite offended by the whole wheel chair bit. Best wishes to them though.
HAIR Tour Cast is Starting to Come Together!  Sep 19 2010, 04:18:08 PM
Emily Raver Lampman who is a senior at Marymount Manhattan College just booked the tour.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You