News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for jedigurl527

Member Name: jedigurl527
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Gerard Canonico as Moritz
 May 17 2008, 09:23:42 PM
CC17.

i encourage everyone to try to sit in cc15, chez gerard. it was a spring awakening like no other. new fave seat in the eugene o'neill

re: The Official 'In The Heights' Love Thread....
 May 17 2008, 01:18:06 AM
i was with mealz on the 13th, and i can honsetly say that this is the first show where i am RECOMMENDINg...wait for it..

LAST ROW MEZZ.

not kidding! these seats are great. no partial view, the most amazing perspective of the lighting, everyone looks at you during alabanza and when you're home. and i mean i was already in love with the lighting because it is amazing and because as an amateur lighting designer myself it inspires me, but my non-lighting friends were like dude y

re: going to the nominations?
 May 12 2008, 11:45:16 PM
New York Public Library for the PErforming Arts
Tony Nominations Announcement
 May 12 2008, 08:48:56 PM
hi.
does anyone know if this is open to the public, or is it more of a press event?

re: going to the nominations?
 May 12 2008, 08:39:07 PM
meaning not open to the public? i literally live across the street so i was wondering if i can technically go
re: Riabko & Socha will be SPRING leads
 May 10 2008, 12:41:41 AM
"i was hoping the mathch of doyle and socha for melichor and wendla."

this is seriously excellent. cc1, 2/24/08. hope you get to see it!

they are both younger looking, and to me, sometimes a more believable set of hormone-throbbing teenagers. i mean alexandra is 17. anyway, excited for her, but at the same time, i've heard that after a week of wendla she's fried. i mean we don't want her voice to pull a brian. and now it's less special when i see her! but regardless i am e

re: Understudies You Liked Better Than the Person Playing the Role
 Apr 23 2008, 10:20:16 PM
Karmine Mimi!!!!!
Dana Dawson Mimi (2nd act, Tamyra got a migraine)
she LOOKS 19 and sings amazing. then again, karmine is in her 40s and rocks it

Krysta Wendla
Alexandra Wendla
Matt Melchior

Worst. Lyrics. EVER.
 Apr 23 2008, 10:14:40 PM
truman i actually really like that lyric. i feel like it's a cute, teenager-y thing to say, and it fits with how the rest of bare will read, as well as with the dynamic of peter and jason's relationship.
re: Understudies You Liked Better Than the Person Playing the Role
 Feb 26 2008, 12:53:00 PM
Matt doyle on with alexandra socha is great. while lea and jonathan's voices and chemistry are unbelievable, the two of them make for more believable teenagers. alexandra was already my favorite wendla, but matt was brilliant.
re: Matt Doyle Love Thread
 Feb 26 2008, 12:51:13 PM
i went yesterday for #5, and was calling my mom to tell her i'd arrived at the theater, when i looked at the board and SPAZZED. because Matt Doyle was melchior and alexandra was wendla, and I had onstage seats!!!!!!!

he was brilliant. as much as i adore groff, i sometimes simply found matt's looks to make for a more believable teenage boy. he has a brilliant voice and his performace was amazing. he may just be my new favorite melchior...!

Worst. Lyrics. EVER.
 Feb 11 2008, 09:47:04 AM
i am a little crazy. but then again, aren't we all?

my point about berlin was not about the rhyme scheme, but the word choice. it just never sat well with me that frank wanted a girl as soft and pink as a nursery and who smelled of foam.

Worst. Lyrics. EVER.
 Feb 10 2008, 08:51:21 PM
deleted.
i thought this board was for discussion of lyrical failure, not bashing someone's unpopular opinon

Worst. Lyrics. EVER.
 Feb 10 2008, 08:31:21 PM
EDIT: i have seen the error of my ways
but i maintain that

PICK A LITTLE TALK A LITTLE
MAKES ME WANT TO SLIT MY WRISTS.
DOES IT HAVE TO RUN IN THE BACKGROUND OF THE ENTIRE SONG????-the music man

EDIT: i'm not going to debate the anniegetyourgun here, but i will add that i have never been a fan of "without you, the hand gropes". and i LOVE rent. this is also not to say that i think it is the worst lyric ever. because it's not. i've seen far worse in the pre

re: Lauren Pritchard to leave Spring Awakening
 Feb 10 2008, 04:06:15 PM
"Lauren's voie is AMAZING, my favorite in the show, but I too agree that her acting is atrocious!!! I think the girl has a lot a big things in her futer,but if she plans on continuing her acting career she needs a little help! I wish the best for her"

she is a singer. since SA is a rock musical, the OBC was primarily singers who can act, more than actors who can sing. for a singer who can act, i liked her. i am psyched for her album!

and i'm mad that she's leaving the weekend

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You