News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for mandresser

Member Name: mandresser
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Times Square Partial Power Outage
 Jul 13 2019, 09:53:20 PM
Dude, chill. I live in nyc but when I lived across the country and came here once every five years, if I had flown all the way to New York to see a broadway musical I was really excited about for several thousand dollars (airfare & show tix for a family of 3) and it was cancelled, yes, I would be devastated. If that person had said devastated in perpetuity or for the next many many years, I’d say that’s an unhealthy reaction. But devastated in that moment? For the night? Maybe a day or two? I th
West Side Story revival?
 Jul 13 2019, 12:05:21 AM
I hear you, but, to go back to my example, Roseanne wasn’t a “threat” to anyone either, but she did exhibit hateful attitudes and actions were taken against her because of it.

Yes, it would be immoral to share nude pictures you have without that person’s consent, REGARDLESS of the relationship you have with them??? I’m not even sure why that’s a question tbh.

The woman bringing the suit was Findlay’s girlfriend, who was filmed without her consent and whose tits Ramasar (I belie

West Side Story revival?
 Jul 12 2019, 10:31:11 PM

Here's what's confusing me about some of the back and forth on these issues here.

1) There's a difference between legality and morality. To keep coming back to whether or not Ramsar did something illegal is slightly left of the point here in terms of whether or not he should be working in a high-profile job (with people the same age as the young woman who made the - very credible - allegations), which is a privilege, not a right. If he's done something illegal,

For Sale: The Secret Life of Bees - Wednesday 5/29/19 at 8pm - 1 Ticket
 May 28 2019, 06:49:53 PM
I’ll take it if it’s still available!
HADESTOWN Previews
 Apr 10 2019, 03:21:45 PM
Plain black umbrella is on today 4/10 matinee.

Islandtown first look looks amazing; wonder if the plain black umbrella/green umbrella will cover the rainbow umbrella pictured?

(Less importantly - really enjoying this musical!!! Fates in particular are exceptional but the whole thing is amazing)

Sheri Sanders in Between Gods And Kings
 Mar 27 2019, 03:18:39 PM

Did anyone go to previews? Sheri Sanders is doing this off broadway rock show. I took lessons from her last year, and she's incredible!

https://www.broadwayworld.com/off-off-broadway/article/Its-Dionysus-BETWEEN-GODS-AND-KINGS-A-New-Rock-Show-Starts-Previews-In-The-Village-20190325

Seem to be intermittent extra tickets for Camelot LCT on telecharge!
 Mar 2 2019, 07:55:44 AM

Found one!!! On telecharge! Not sure if they’re releasing new ones or just cancellations, but for anyone who wants to go I’d suggest calling rather than doing online cuz the site kept crashing when I hit purchase.

Camelot LCT Benefit
 Mar 1 2019, 07:43:20 PM

PMd you! Hope no one snuck in before me. I also only need one, so if one goes to Relevance I will happily take the other!!!!

Loch Lomond
 Mar 30 2016, 01:24:27 AM

I don't see anyone else in the cast? And only the four of them are in pictures for it, so my guess is that it's just four-person? Brooklyn & Ben must've been in something else.

Anyone know for sure?

Child Actors
 Mar 30 2016, 01:19:50 AM

sorano916 said: "mandresser said: 

And they're not trying to be sneaky by going out another exit. If they're trying to let the kids be normal but having them go out the regular stage door, they'll still be bombarded by people, taking photos of them, trying to get them to sign things, etc. It's still not normal. Stage door can get crazy."

I think you misinterpreted me, sorano... I wasn't sa

The Woodsman at NWS
 Mar 30 2016, 01:13:57 AM

I still haven't seen it but I've heard nothing but wonderful things and would really like to! It sounds like a really beautiful piece and I'm definitely gonna try to go.  

BRIGHT STAR Reviews
 Mar 30 2016, 01:09:10 AM

She's supposed to be pretty fantastic in this, and it's true that Wicked fans can be pretty obsessive. Not to mention Steve Martin has a cross-generational appeal and also might bring in non-musical-theater fans since he's well-known to not theater people. Idk, I've heard sweet things about the show so I'm generally rooting for it and its creators.

Child Actors
 Mar 30 2016, 12:59:58 AM

Also I would advise that IF such a policy were in place, it would probably be better to respect that than to try to find sneaky ways to get "around" it by catching them at other exits w/e

I  doubt that anyone has anything other than the best of intentions and it's just about appreciating the actors and their work, but I think there is something to trying to give them a degree of stabilization.

Child Actors
 Mar 30 2016, 12:59:57 AM

Also I would advise that IF such a policy were in place, it would probably be better to respect that than to try to find sneaky ways to get "around" it by catching them at other exits w/e

I  doubt that anyone has anything other than the best of intentions and it's just about appreciating the actors and their work, but I think there is something to trying to give them a degree of stabilization.

Waitress Rush Tickets
 Mar 30 2016, 12:54:37 AM

My guess is that there will be an official statement made at some point, but it's totally possible that there will be SOME form of discount, but that it won't be put in place until the show is up and running ie not during previews. 

I agree - rush/lotto is very important particularly for students/others who wouldn't get to experience theater otherwise. Fingers crossed that something comes through!

Way too early 2016 Tony predictions
 Mar 30 2016, 12:50:14 AM

I think fiddler has a chance!

Loch Lomond
 Mar 30 2016, 12:25:02 AM

I suppose if it were cast instagrams; for some reason I guess I was picturing it just on random people's instagram pages and if you just google "loch lomond musical" or even "loch lomond musical workshop" nothing comes up . . . 

in other words, you can find info on loch lomond on here, but maybe Jorge and Google should hold off on their wedding for a while after all <3

Loch Lomond
 Mar 29 2016, 11:58:28 PM

Call_me_jorge said: "Thank you everyone! I'm think google and I are getting married soon!

Amazing response, jorge. way to rise above XD!

Also his question was legitimate - if people are posting on insta or w/e some people may have more information than just what was in press releases?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You