News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for dave1606

dave1606 Profile Photo
Member Name: dave1606
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024  May 1 2024, 10:08:44 AM

Anyone who has seen this can you let me know the runtime? Many thanks. 

Charles Busch's Ibsen's Ghosts  Feb 28 2024, 10:51:52 AM

Anyone planning on seeing this this weekend? I was really looking forward to this but I've sadly double booked myself. If anyone wants to go for cheap I've got 2 $25 tickets that I'd like to sell for the 2pm matinee on Sunday. No fees, just the cost of the ticket. 

Glory Days Concert Last Night  Feb 13 2024, 02:06:53 PM

I was there last night. The cast was great all around. I thought Colton Ryan really stood out, but they were all very good. 

Having only ever listened to the OBCR as well I was struck by how....not great the show is, especially as far as the book goes. The plot ambles along and what seems like a major plot point is tossed aside and by the end characters just kinda leave and the show ends? Very strange. Certainly would need a MAROR re-write for 2024, I don't think "We'

Brooklyn Laundry  Feb 8 2024, 12:50:18 PM

Definitely want to see this. anyone have the 30 under 35 code? I continually keep missing them from my email.

Sunset Baby at Signature  Feb 3 2024, 04:07:59 PM

Has anyone seen it? I just subscribed to the signature and am seeing it next weekend. Would love to know anyone's thoughts, also if anyone knows a runtime?

STEREOPHONIC @Playwrights Horizons  Jan 17 2024, 11:46:20 AM

I understand this issue of 7pm for people getting out of work, but I am SO Thankful for 7pm start, especially for shows like this that run a solid 3 hours. 

New Musical, DEAD OUTLAW, from Penna/Yazbek/Moses  Jan 16 2024, 04:13:00 PM

Any other discounts for this show? I missed the $19 tickets infuriately. Todaytix has one but its not great. I've gotten an email about one but the code doesn't seem to work either. 

I NEED THAT Previews  Oct 18 2023, 10:57:47 AM

I caught this last night. The show runs 1:45.

If you are considering going I'd wait a week or so, the cast definitely does not have the book under their belt. There's a lot of stumbling over lines from all three actors which makes me wonder if there were last minute changes?

Overall I'd rank it as good, but not great. Theresa Rebeck just isn't the best playwright sadly. The play ambles along and random plot points seem to be introduced at the 11th hour to frustra

Santino Fontana and Judy Kuhn in I can get it for you wholesale  Oct 11 2023, 12:05:56 PM

I was there last night. It was definitely a first preview (Both Santino and Judy Kuhn stumbled over lines, but they handled it well), I felt like the lighting department left during act 2 as most of the scenes had people almost completely in the dark. I’ll be curious to hear how this changes during previews.

Julia Lester was the headline for me. She delivers in the Barbra part, Mrs Marmelstein was a complete delight as was her act 2 number. Santino was very strong, a few lin

Walk On Through at MCC starring Gavin Creel  Sep 20 2023, 01:18:26 PM

Ticket prices for this are insane, but I have to say if you want to see the other two musicals here it would be worth it to get a membership. Price works out to around $60 a ticket assuming you see everything, and even if you don't the $144 single ticket to gavins show at least knocks down the others quite a bit. 

REBECCA: THE MUSICAL will have English language production in London  Sep 6 2023, 03:37:53 PM

I saw this on Monday night. I had planned a whole London trip around this show and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I definitely did not expect the megamusical that this was in Germany, knowing how small this theater was. 

The real reason to see this is Kara Lane as Mrs Danvers. She is delicious in the part and just having a lot of fun. I am so mad we were robbed of Carolee Carmello doing this for the failed Broadway run because she would have been amazing. Kara is excellent and delivers

HERE LIES LOVE - Broadway Previews  Jun 28 2023, 03:00:35 PM

I was there last night having seen the show at the public and not in any other iteration since, and boy its filling the theater beautifully even in the mid/rear mezz. 

That said Jaygee I have to say was not up the challenge. I'm guessing she had no notice before going on, but nearly every note she really seemed to struggle with. I am going back in a few weeks and hope to see Arielle tackle the part, but right now, boy did I miss Ruthie!

SUMMER, 1976 Previews  Apr 6 2023, 09:47:37 AM

I absolutely adored this. The play itself wouldn't be much worth mentioning had they not cast Laura Linney and Jessica Hecht in these parts. The play is exactly what it says, two ladys recounting their meeting and friendship in Summer, 1976.  I appreciate Manhattan Theater Club likes to do plays that are exactly what they say they are, Our Mother's Brief Affair, Summer 1976. 

I'd suggest anyone who wants to go maybe give this a week or so of previews, as there wer

Full casting announced for GOOD NIGHT, OSCAR  Mar 31 2023, 12:48:33 PM

Whoops. I guess I've jumped ahead a whole week! I was convinced it was starting tonight for some reason. 

Why Produce a Bad Play?  Mar 31 2023, 12:46:02 PM

I saw this both at the Atlantic and at Steppenwolf, and I hated it at the Atlantic and really enjoyed it at Steppenwolf.  I did not know that it was re-written, but I think the text was far more clear at Steppenwolf.  I will say at intermission I did consider leaving as Act one was pretty slow, but it whole piece came together for me in Act 2 and I was really glad I gave this show another chance. 

Full casting announced for GOOD NIGHT, OSCAR  Mar 31 2023, 11:53:39 AM

Previews start tonight. Yes, they did slightly lower their prices but it doesn't seem to have helped with sales. Also there is a weird glitch on their website right now where they are showing three shows on certainly days with a matinee a 730 and an 8pm. I'm guessing they may be moving to an earlier curtain? confusing. 

https://goodnightoscar.com/tickets/

Has anyone heard about a rush?

Full casting announced for GOOD NIGHT, OSCAR  Mar 15 2023, 03:43:54 PM

It doesn't seem to be paying off right now. 

Prima Facie had $29 seats, even Merrily that just announced tickets said there will be $59 tickets. 

Parade had $59 seats. Oscar Winner Jessica Chastain's A Doll's House had $56 seats. I just can't see how they can justify those prices. The new Laura Linney play also has $59 seats. Sweeny Todd even has $60 rear mezz. 

I'm sorry but I have to say the pricing is just wrong. I guess they are hopi

Full casting announced for GOOD NIGHT, OSCAR  Mar 14 2023, 04:30:29 PM

The balcony pricing in particular just seems a bit out of control. $150 for front balcony? Havng sat up in the balcony particular in some very partial view seats up there, (Looking at you Twelfth night etc) there is no way I'd pay these prices. Anyway other than the first preview, it doesn't seem to be working thankfully. 

I bought $39 tickets for Camelot a month ago from the box office so I'm glad that not all shows are doing this. 

Full casting announced for GOOD NIGHT, OSCAR  Mar 14 2023, 01:51:10 PM

Can someone explain to me why tickets are priced so insanely for this show? Its definitely anticipated by me but I don't understand charging $116 for the balcony???!! That is more than I paid for The Music Man. 

Pioneer Theater Salt Lake City-Shucked  Nov 3 2022, 03:39:32 PM

Hi, Has anyone been to this theater before? How is the balcony? Is it miles away like a lot of touring houses or smaller. It doesn't look huge, but I'd rather not sit up there if its not worth it. 

Also, are there any discount codes available for this? It doesn't seem to be very well sold from what I can tell. Will report back after I see it!  

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You