News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for patti+bettysgirl

patti+bettysgirl Profile Photo
Member Name: patti+bettysgirl
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Gifts to send actors
 Jan 17 2008, 10:32:07 PM
- Give them the best gift possible: buy a ticket to see their show. -

^^ THIS

re: What should I take two 14 year olds to see?
 Jan 17 2008, 09:40:01 PM
I'd say Legally Blonde or Xanadu. Although it depends, I was already a broadway nerd at 14 so I would have wanted to see A Chorus Line, Chicago or Spring Awakening.
Unpopular Opinions You Hold
 Jan 13 2008, 02:58:38 AM
I still love Cats and Starlight Express
I hated Light in the Piazza
I was mostly bored during Rent
I think Spring Awakening is good but very overrated

re: Patti LuPone GYPSY: 'At Last'
 Jan 13 2008, 02:32:01 AM
Thank you for posting that! I am getting more and more excited, I can't wait to see this
re: If you could play one character...
 Jan 8 2008, 06:45:01 PM
Reno Sweeney - Anything Goes
Mother - Ragtime
Norma Desmond - Sunset Boulevard
Mabel - Mack & Mabel
Sheila - A Chorus Line (would prefer Cassie but I am definitely more of a Sheila)

re: Favorite Musical
 Jan 7 2008, 04:26:51 AM
Sunset Boulevard
A Chorus Line
Gypsy
Evita
Ragtime

this is hard....

re: Revival Recordings Better than the Original
 Jan 7 2008, 04:23:17 AM
Sweeney Todd
Anything Goes
Cabaret
Company

re: How to unbuy tickets to a flop
 Jan 7 2008, 04:18:28 AM
We got tickets to see Wicked about 4 yrs ago for a wedding gift and there was a blizzard the day we were supposed to go. The show still went on, we just weren't able to get there. They let us exchange the tickets for the spring instead and it was no trouble. I guess the policy is only supposedly written in stone but depending on the situation they may bend? idk, just my experience.
re: Word on the street about Young Frankenstin
 Jan 5 2008, 03:14:22 AM
Maybe I'm a little slow but I didn't know who Mel Brooks was until I was at least 14 and that was only because Men in Tights had just come out. I don't know many kids who currently would know who he was.
re: Lupone's Gypsy or Bernadette's
 Jan 4 2008, 11:43:21 PM
Paljoey, check out her performance of "Rose's Turn" from the Tonys. She did a pretty impressive job and sings the hell out of it.
re: Lupone's Gypsy or Bernadette's
 Jan 4 2008, 11:20:10 PM
I've only seen clips of Lupone's Rose but of course I thought it was amazing. Then again, I'm biased.
I did see Peter's and I have to say that she was also incredible. They both bring something different to the role. I don't think I can decide fairly though until I see the entire show with Patti.

re: Ideas for first Broadway experience?
 Jan 4 2008, 10:46:20 PM
I second (or third or fourth) seeing Lupone in Gypsy. I can't imagine a better 1st experience than seeing a legend perform in an amazing show.
But then again, my first broadway experience was seeing Starlight Express so what the hell do I know? :)

re: Gypsy Question
 Jan 4 2008, 10:37:32 PM
I agree, they can revive anything as far as I'm concerned if Ms. Lupone is in it.
re: Overrated Musicals?
 Jan 4 2008, 01:20:26 AM
Wicked. Definitely.
re: Musicals for people determined to hate musicals . . .
 Jan 4 2008, 12:59:29 AM
My husband is the same way but he is actually excited about seeing Young Frankenstein because he is a Mel Brooks fan. He also is a huge Monty Python fan so he loved Spamalot. According to him, those are apparently "guy friendly". Although, if given a chance, he has been known to admit to liking some very uncharacteristic musicals - like the movie versions of Chicago and Hairspray. So you really never know...
re: Jesus Christ Superstar- Hannah Montana
 Jan 2 2008, 05:17:40 AM
dramarama: me too! i was about to lose all faith in humanity.
re: The Ultimate Seduction Songs??
 Jan 2 2008, 04:39:34 AM
"The Perfect Year" - Sunset Boulevard
"I Get a Kick out of You" - Anything Goes
"I'd be surprisingly good for you" - Evita
"Let me Dance for you/the music and the mirror" - A Chorus Line
"Big Spender" - Sweet Charity or Fosse (I prefer that version - sexier)

re: Joseph and the Amazing...
 Jan 2 2008, 02:23:41 AM
It is based on the story on the bible about Joseph and his coat of many colors in Genesis.
Basically Joseph is one of Jacobs 12 sons (the 12 tribes of Isreal) and is his dads favorite. Jacob gives him the coat and it makes his brothers hate him with jealousy. Joseph has prophetic dreams about someday ruling over them which makes them angrier. They trick him and sell him into slavery and tell Jacob that he is dead.
He is the slave of Potiphar, an Egyptian, and is seduced by Potiphars w

re: Favorite Sondheim Song
 Jan 1 2008, 11:30:29 PM
Moments in the woods
A Little Priest
Johanna
Ballad of Sweeney Todd
Everyday a little death

re: Sweeney or Hairspray
 Jan 1 2008, 11:24:14 PM
I liked Hairspray but most definitely Sweeney. And not just because I am biased by my love of all things Burton/Depp.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You