News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Harpz2006

Member Name: Harpz2006
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

“Stage Combat”  Jul 25 2023, 01:34:47 PM

Has anyone on here been listening? I binged season 1 yesterday. The actor/podcast creator Sean Hayden changes the name of the actor who antagonized him, but it’s very easily Google-able. It’s pretty shocking how poorly this situation seems to have been handled by the production team. 

ART Evita Casting  Apr 6 2023, 05:24:02 PM

Shereen Pimentel is Afro-Latina, though.

Christy Romano mentions BWW in Vanity Fair interview  Oct 1 2021, 08:49:11 AM

Has anyone on here watched her new viral YouTube videos? She had a profile in Vanity Fair yesterday and mentions these boards. I remember seeing her in Beauty and the Beast during that run when I was young (and of course also reading these boards at the time)!

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2021/09/christy-carlson-romano-is-not-afraid-of-the-past

"Carrying the show was taxing on her voice, which was already in delicate condition after she had to have surgery to remove vocal nodules right before her audition. Romano admits that she probably pushed her voice past its limit to get through that experience and make her Disney family proud. They were at 30% seat capacity when I came in, Romano recalls. They were invested in me doing a good job. Despite her best efforts, the New York theater scene was also cruel to her. I read the comments on the old forums on Broadway World, and they were so mean and so, like, theater queen, bitchy. Starring in the Broadway production of Avenue Q as Kate Monster in 2008, in her words, saved my appreciation and deep, deep love of the theater."

Who was the member of DEH OBC who turned down a role in the film?  Sep 29 2021, 11:34:10 PM

Oh, interesting! Just googled and he said this in a NYT profile in May -- 

Why aren’t you in the upcoming “Dear Evan Hansen” moviealongside your former co-star Ben Platt?

I feel like I couldn’t do it. I started that when I was, like, 21, and was with it for five or six years. When you’re doing eight shows a week, it very much turns into relying on your technique and the job of it. And the show was such a zeitgeisty thing. It really took a lot out of me, and I didn’t really have it in me anymore. https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/27/arts/television/mike-faist-panic-west-side-story.html

Does sound like he was offered it!

Who was the member of DEH OBC who turned down a role in the film?  Sep 29 2021, 11:24:48 PM

In this very thorough and interesting piece, Marc Platt says, "A number of the folks from Broadway actually came in and read for it, and one of them was even offered a role but decided not to do it." https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-features/dear-evan-hansen-oral-history-1235005684/

I'm guessing Rachel Bay Jones? Or maybe Mike Faist? Or maybe he means the Broadway cast in general and I shouldn't be assuming OBC... I'm just very curious!

Nick Cordero in ICU for likely COVID  Apr 1 2020, 10:44:20 AM
Shared by his wife on Instagram... https://www.instagram.com/p/B-cCAl_gjtC/?igshid=11rnqabl5vyfb
Danny Burstein home from hospital after severe case of the virus  Mar 28 2020, 10:53:53 PM

I didn’t see this posted on here- Rebecca Luker tweeted that Danny was home from the hospital, and I checked his Facebook and he wrote a public post last night that he was exhausted, had survived the experience of COVID-19 and there were times he wasn’t sure he would. It seems to have really run rampant through the cast of MR. So thankful he is ok and recovering!

West Side Story  Feb 19 2020, 10:44:01 PM

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/19/theater/west-side-story-amar-ramasar.html

New article from NYT.

Mean Girls Cast Replacements  Feb 10 2020, 02:18:10 PM

I just looked at her website and the greeting is 

"ARE YOU A

JESUS-LOVING GIRL

EAGER TO GROW IN YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH THE LORD? LET’S TALK :)"

Jordan Fisher—DEH  Feb 8 2020, 02:08:10 PM

^^I think he’s just resharing a story of someone tagging a billboard for his show- I don’t think he’s saying he’s in LA.

Rachel Bay Jones to Lead NEXT TO NORMAL at the Kennedy Center  Jan 31 2020, 08:58:07 AM

I agree that Khamary has a great voice, but he made me really appreciate and think back to the nuance and complexity Aaron Tveit brought to the role. Agree his Gabe was too nice and had no darkness to him... for that reason, Khamary was honestly the weak link for me. That complexity wasn’t there at all. I’m still not over Aaron not getting nominated that year! I didn’t mind Maia’s “pop” voice at all- I thought her singing was beautiful and that sh

Eden Espinosa vocals  Jan 23 2020, 12:15:01 PM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=g1okZnrTLAk

Did anyone watch her Holding to the Ground BWW posted yesterday? Ive seen Eden twice over the years and always kept up with videos posted of her on YouTube- but saw her many years ago in Brooklyn when I was a teen, and was absolutely blown away. I had never heard someone sing like her live, so high and effortless and powerful. I know the show isnt exactly beloved, but her performance absolutely knocked me out! Over the years, in video clips, I could tell she sounded strained at times in her mannnny years of Elphaba, though amazing at other times. I got to see her this past year in Falsettos at the Kennedy Center, and thought while she still had a gorgeous tone and a ton of power, there were times she was very flat, especially on big belted notes, and in some of the tight harmonies among the ensemble. I eagerly watched the new video of her yesterday, and liked how she started off very light and it sounded like she could control her voice better that way. However, on some of the big power notes, does anyone else feels that her vibrato drags her about one whole note flat, but only in a certain part of her voice? When she takes a higher note on its my liii-ife, it sounds great and almost like it helps her avoid the problem area. I still think shes an incredible performer, but I do find the pitch issue distracting as a listener at times. But I feel like shes so good otherwise, shell continue to get cast in these powerhouse singing roles. Curious if anyone else has thoughts/insight on this!

Different “tiers” of Broadway performers- question  Jan 3 2020, 10:52:05 PM
https://www.cosmopolitan.com/career/a10378242/christy-altomare-anastasia-broadway/

In this article, which is in her own words, she basically says she wasn’t working and lived on her savings, for three years. She might still feel like that was accurate despite having a regional gig or two.

Different “tiers” of Broadway performers- question  Jan 3 2020, 05:01:23 PM

I noticed something in both an interview with Christy Altomare when she was in Anastasia and a recent podcast with Desi Oakley. Christy talked about how between playing Sophie and getting Anya, she was basically unemployed for 3 years- auditioning for a ton of stuff but now that she was leading lady status basically because of Mamma Mia, the jobs were more competitive/harder to come by. Desi said something similar about how she was fully unemployed between the end of her run in the Waitress t

New podcast episode came out all about this board  Nov 19 2019, 08:49:42 AM
This was posted in the issues at Mean Girls thread but though this deserved its own post. Fascinating episode all about this board over the years, and its current state! Many of us are quoted

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/56-my-obsession-broadwayworld-com-w-melanie-brook/id1260430031?i=1000457085359

darren criss vs ben platt?  Nov 15 2019, 11:06:32 PM

I don’t see that comment, but I think they’re friends, and Ben just posted a video of himself rocking out on piano and singing, so it was probably a teasing comment like “ugh you’re so untalented” but meaning the opposite?

Issues at Mean Girls last night  Nov 15 2019, 08:15:17 AM

I think Tina is very involved- not on a day to day level anymore, but she stays involved with casting and I’m sure still frequently checks in. That said, Tina worked closely with Alec Baldwin for years and he doesn’t have the reputation for always being the easiest to work with. I think Tina is probably very understanding of different personalities and personal struggles, and I don’t see Barrett being on her “bad side” or Tina trying to blacklist her in the indus

This board in the old days  Nov 14 2019, 03:23:18 PM
Sure, a tinge, but a lot of the rumors on DL are downright vulgar!! Here it was more PG-13. I was also in high school/college during the early days of the board, so maybe that’s why I attach some sentimentality to the “good old days!” I’m not saying I think it should be filled with harmful rumors and slander, which is why I feel DrowsyKaye twisted my words.
This board in the old days  Nov 14 2019, 03:11:46 PM
JSquared2- no, I don’t like datalounge at all. When I’ve skimmed it it’s very mean-spirited. The board wasn’t like that at all- it was thoughtful theatre talk with a hint of gossip.
This board in the old days  Nov 14 2019, 03:09:27 PM
Good point, Lizzie. I read a subreddit about a popular reality show franchise, and sometimes the gossip there gets out of control- if it’s a rumor the poster can’t prove, they have to mark it “unverified tea”; if they CAN prove it, they have to send screenshots or whatever to the mods and it’s then verified. I just feel like there’s a sense here of sucking up to actors, since the Patti Murin incident and her meeting with Rob on how the board could be more respectful to actors, etc. Like I think
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You