News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for dancegirl

dancegirl Profile Photo
Member Name: dancegirl
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Step It Up and Dance - Bravo TV feat Jerry Mitchell
 Apr 5 2008, 10:12:14 PM
The thing that shocked me the most was the quality of most of the dancers. They are supposed to be 12 of the best dancers in the country, yet some of them look like they can barely dance at all. And to call Elizabeth Berkley a "celebrated actor and dancer" is really using both terms loosely. Who has celebrated her talents? The only reason anyone went to see "Showgirls" was to see her naked! I did like Cody though, and a few of the others, but some of them are just a mess.
re: Rent Closing cast?
 Mar 27 2008, 02:03:52 PM
I was told by someone at the Nederlander that Michael McElroy (the current Collins) would be closing the show. I got this information from the same person who told me (on 3/19) that the show would be extending and the announcement would be in Playbill within the week so there's a good chance this information is reliable.

re: guess what extended....
 Mar 27 2008, 12:14:39 AM
Apparently not, at least so far. I also think that some of those seats will be available after the exchanges are done and the invites are settled. I'm sure that some of the invites will not be able to attend.
And, where did you get that great picture of Leo? I hadn't seen that one.

re: Possible RENT National Tour with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal
 Feb 26 2008, 10:58:21 PM
I went to see Anthony and Adam 3x and never got to see Adam come out. But I read that during the first week they were there, not only did both Anthony and Adam come out, but Jesse L. just dropped by after the show to say hi and sign autographs. The person who wrote this had even bought her tickets way before it was announced that A&A would be returning. How's that for good luck?
re: Possible RENT National Tour with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal
 Feb 26 2008, 12:09:45 AM
Will this be a new Equity tour or will they just be replacing the tired leads in the bus and truck? And will Jess Martin be joining them?

It was just announced that Jesse L. is leaving Law and Order so maybe he will do the tour. I'd like to see him and Wilson back for the farewell tour. I think it'd be amazing to have those 4 male leads back. The others I don't care about so much.

When Adam and Anthony were back this summer, Adam only came out the stage door abou

re: Calling All RENT Heads
 Feb 19 2008, 08:31:15 PM
www.compulsivebowlers.com is great for all things RENT and nobody seems to get sick about talking about it there.
DVD's of Broadway plays
 Feb 19 2008, 08:27:47 PM
Are some plays made into DVD's (or originally tapes) for release to the public or are the only copies in the archives?

re: When did Rent become a classic?
 Feb 12 2008, 11:56:26 PM
"I also feel that people who were past their youth when Rent Opened probably missed the point, hell they had probably become a part of the very thing Rent was screaming about,..."

To imply that someone would probably "miss the point" of RENT just because they are older is an incredibly ignorant point of view. I am an older (much older) RENT fan and have met many older people who feel the same way. Older people are very capable of understanding so called "young ideas." Although I ha

to set the record straight
 Jan 18 2008, 01:40:38 AM
Just to set the record straight, I joined BWW yesterday, but I have been a RENT (and Broadway) fan for a long time. I DO NOT AGREE WITH THE PETITION as I said earlier. Rather, I inadvertantly posted in a thread I thought was about RENT in general, and not about the petition. I attributed this error to my lack of experience here, and not to a "pathetic" attempt to defend my feelings about the petition which I clearly said I did not approve of in the first place. I find your attacks to be petty a
ReNt Killed LarsoN!!!!
 Jan 17 2008, 09:52:51 PM
I wasn't yelling. If I wanted to yell I would have written in all caps. How long someone has been a member has nothing to do with how they feel about a subject.
ReNt Killed LarsoN!!!!
 Jan 17 2008, 09:22:53 PM
Boy, you all sure know how to make a new member feel welcome.
ReNt Killed LarsoN!!!!
 Jan 17 2008, 09:05:07 PM
Being new, as you pointed out, perhaps I posted in the wrong thread. I do not agree with the petition. I'm just sad that the show is closing because I haven't had enough chances to see it.
ReNt Killed LarsoN!!!!
 Jan 17 2008, 08:43:13 PM
Why not keep your negative opinions to yourself? Most of the people on this thread really don't want to hear that negativity. We're sad about this. Can't you respect that?
re: Don't buy your ticket for RENT closing performance yet!
 Jan 17 2008, 12:21:11 AM
Please!!!!! I saw Adam Pascal and Anthony Rapp 3x this summer and they both looked great and were great. Their last performance together was incredible.

About this extension possibility, if it is announced, where would be the best place to find it first? I just joined this site and obviously, you all knew way before I did. I got an email from the RENT newsletter at 1:34 pm, way too late to get tickets for the last night. By the way, stubhub is selling tickets for the last performan

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You