News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Beanmatt

Beanmatt Profile Photo
Member Name: Beanmatt
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: sections of MTI contract
 Jun 14 2007, 10:28:29 PM
Thanks for the responses, everyone. I in no way meant to imply that we were considering not following the contract, just that this was our first contract through MTI, found that section interesting (and, again, completely reasonable), and so wondered if anyone had had experience with those things actually happening before. Thanks!
sections of MTI contract
 Jun 14 2007, 12:58:41 AM
Recently got a contract from MTI and found the following item interesting:

COMPLIMENTARY TICKETS: You agree as a condition of this license to reserve two (2) complimentary tickets (if requested) for the use of MTI and the Copyright Owners for each performance and MTI agrees not to sell such tickets.

Also the stuff about sending them copies of the program, as well as a sworn statement about actual number/location of performances and their access to all your accounting records fo

shows that work with just a piano
 Mar 31 2007, 01:01:46 AM
Was wondering what shows you all have seen done successfully with just a piano (opposed to a full orchestra). We recently did "Charlie Brown," chosen specifically because it's known to be done often with just a piano. Specifically, we were thinking of either "Little Shop" or "Urinetown," but are still looking. Has anyone seen/done either of those with just a piano? What are some others?
re: Happy Valentine's Day: The Third Annual 'What's the Most Romantic Broad
 Feb 9 2007, 09:54:29 PM
While not technically Broadway, I'm surprised no one said "They Were You" from The Fantasticks.
re: Most Creative Logo For a Musical
 Jul 23 2006, 06:10:32 PM
I know there has been tons of talk on here about logos so I dug up this older thread to post on it. I was looking at the WICKED logo today and noticed something fairly obvious that I had just never noticed before, and wondered if others had caught this as well.

- The Elphaba figure has red lips, something the actual character wouldn't.
- The Glinda character has green in her eye(s).

I saw this and thought how clever! Representing how two very different people have a litle

re: Sutton's understudy? :)
 Jul 6 2006, 05:20:30 AM
even better?
Sutton's understudy? :)
 Jul 6 2006, 05:15:02 AM
have mercy.

re: Whole day off between final dress and opening night
 Jul 3 2006, 10:30:44 PM
Thank you all so much for your input/opinions/experiences. The group I'll be directing is at a high school. This will be the first theatrical production the school has done (I came here and there wasn't one so I threw a fit until they allowed me to do it :) ).

Sounds like most people see this as a positive technique that seems to benefit everyone from the cast and crew to the audience seeing fully rested performers give it their all. I wonder if since we're in a high school environ

Whole day off between final dress and opening night
 Jul 2 2006, 11:37:06 PM
I was reading a "how to put on a community theatre production" guide and in it the author suggests that everyone takes an entire day off between the final dress rehearsal and opening night. As in, final dress on Wednesday night and then you open on Friday night...just taking time off to rest inbetween.

I've never done this is any of the amateur productions I've been in, and have never heard of it being done either. Guess I sort of think it would break the momentum. What do you all th

You Can't Take it With You character descriptions
 May 20 2006, 07:10:47 PM
Anyone out there know the show and wouldn't mind posting brief descriptions of each of the characters? I was considering auditioning for a community theatre production of it tomorrow and couldn't find much info about it (in terms of character description) on the web.

Thanks in advance!

Help re: Lights, Mics, etc. for new theatre group
 Mar 24 2006, 06:15:49 PM
Hey everyone...requesting some advice/suggestions from those who know better than I!

I work at a small high school which currently has no theatre program to speak of. So, I'm looking to jumpstart one and am putting things together to see how much something like this would cost. My question: where would be the best place(s) to get things such as lights, mics, etc...the technical stuff.

Our space is small (approx 250 seats max), and am looking to start off with a "small" sh

re: What's your favorite scene from the RENT movie?
 Nov 28 2005, 12:00:42 AM
Did anyone else laugh when they entered the cafe for LVB and the waiter said, "Just don't move the tables, please" (or something very similar)? I thought it was a reference to the stage show and the oft-moving tables. Cracked me up.

Also enjoyed Mark's father making a phone message appearance, and Maureen taking the camera from Mark and filming/teasing him with it.

Was I the only one who thought Maureen's performance took place outside?

re: How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying..
 Nov 1 2005, 11:53:40 PM
Brotherhood of man!

That office light doesn't have to be flourescent
I get no pains in the head
That office chair doesn't have to be foam rubber

re: Male Showstoppers?
 Oct 25 2005, 02:07:43 PM
The Impossible Dream
re: Bags to store playbills in...help
 May 9 2005, 06:43:36 PM
I got mine at www.bagsunlimited.com...as well as the boxes to put them in...
re: Plays with interesting/good structure
 Apr 3 2005, 06:50:57 PM
Thank you all for your help and insight. She very much liked the idea of The Laramie Project (as it deals with something she has heard of before. I also suggested Sunday in the Park with George, but I think she wants to stay away from musicals).

Again, thank you!

Plays with interesting/good structure
 Apr 2 2005, 06:06:54 PM
Hello all. My sister is taking her first theatre course in college and has to write a paper analyzing the structure of a play of her choice. She asked me if I had any suggestions, so I tried to think of examples with interesting structures off the top of my head (came up with: Betrayal (goes backwards), Miracle Worker (flashbacks), Chorus Line (inside-the-characters-head moments), Angels in America).

Anyway, thought I would post here to get some suggestions from all of you. Thanks so

re: Show Tunes as TV Commercials
 Jan 14 2005, 09:19:32 PM
"Whatever Lola Wants"...wasn't that also used for a Pringles commercial a few months back? Also, a "punchy" more uptempo version of "I Only Have Eyes For You" was used in a commercial around the same time, though I forget what for.

EDIT: "Eyes" was just on...it's for Lipator (a perscription drug).

re: Worst Stage Make-Up Moment??
 Dec 31 2004, 11:42:04 AM
I was in a production of the children's show Wiley and the Hairy Man back in high school. We had about 10 "swamp creatures" that act as sort of a greek chorus and instead of using real green/brown/blue make up for our faces, we went on the cheap and used that stuff you use to paint your face to show spirit for like ball games and the like. Well, the stuff we bought was OLD. Should no longer have been on the shelves. So the first night we all had it on it stained our faces. Then, as we are f
re: Family guy Musical parodys
 Dec 6 2004, 07:04:26 PM
I love the one where Stewie is going through airport security and distracts the security people from seeing the weapons in his suitcase through the x-ray machine by singing "On the Good Ship Lollipop." He gets through easily and says "God, I hope Osama bin Laden doesn't know showtunes." Then the camera pans over and there is Osama doing the the same thing singing "God I hope I get it. I hope I get it. How many boys how many girls?" HILARIOUS.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You