News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for kimalysong

Member Name: kimalysong
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Farinelli & The King with Mark Rylance coming to Broadway
 May 29 2017, 09:34:33 PM

And so I randomly browse stuff coming to Broadway and realize tickets for this are now on sale.

I've never had the pleasure to see Rylance on stage and I am not missing my chance this time. But winter shows are always so dangerous. I never know when to go. It can be horrible weather any time from December to March. 

I think I may get a balcony seat now just in case and if  I can get a better seat later on. At  $41 I guess I can take a risk. 

Play June 10th
 May 29 2017, 02:52:21 PM

BroadwayConcierge said: "Enjoy, kimalysong! Who will you be seeing as Regina/Birdie?

"

Thank you :)

I believe it's Nixon as Regina, Linney as Birdie. I actually would have preferred the other way around based on reviews but that's okay. I am still very excited to see it. 

Play June 10th
 May 29 2017, 08:45:17 AM

Ended up getting a ticket to Little Foxes. I did get a slight discount but it was still expensive.  But after reading about all the plays I think this one would appeal to me most. I figure I can treat myself for my birthday! :)

Play June 10th
 May 28 2017, 07:56:24 AM

I'd love to see a play in the evening too but I live in Philadelphia so that would require a night at a hotel. Since this is sort of impromptu trying not to spend too much money. So I think for this trip it can only be the 1 play! 

Play June 10th
 May 27 2017, 05:18:35 PM

Thanks for the feedback so far. And I will definitely welcome more.

I was considering Little Foxes too actually (The Bette Davis film is a favorite of mine) but when I looked tickets weren't available on the 10th

Play June 10th
 May 27 2017, 02:43:15 PM

Decided to see a play for my birthday on June 10th but there are too many choices. Any thoughts on  the following? 

Oslo

Dollhouse Part 2

Present Laughter (this seems to get more mixed reviews but I do like Noel Coward)

Sweat

Indecent 

Leslie Odom Jr Leaving Hamilton
 Jun 19 2016, 09:10:00 PM

Thanks Gypsy...personally I didn't know what to refer to it as. My mistake!

Leslie Odom Jr Leaving Hamilton
 Jun 19 2016, 09:02:26 PM

This is why I personally didn't buy tickets when the latest block went up (well this & worry about the weather).

Yes the show may be bigger than the cast but personally I don't see a need to pay such high prices to see the show without the original cast. I do want to eventually see the show but I can wait till the hype dies down or it tours in my city. For now I have the OST to enjoy. 

Streetcar Named Desire at St. Ann's
 May 1 2016, 08:26:50 AM

Louis Vuitton doesn't date the play though. Louis Vuitton has been around since before Street Car Named Desire was written. 

And I didn't really think any of the clothes in the story were very specific to any time period. 

May 1 2016, 07:35:32 AM

I saw the play and I am kind of missing where it said it was set in 2016. I also didn't think the set was entirely modern. Granted I didn't think it took place in the late 40's (which is when the play was actually written) But it had this kind of anywhere/anytime quality to it, making the story feel a bit timeless to me. Granted some of the dialouge dates it but I was never transported out of the story because they didn't set it exactly in the time the story was originall

Hamilton Junkies
 Apr 30 2016, 06:10:43 PM

Honestly history lessons might have changed a lot since I was in High School but not a lot of focus was ever put on Hamilton when I went to school. And I DID learn about Hamilton in highschool because my AP American history teacher was a big fan. He was obsessed with Hamilton to the point that Aaron Burr became the "Man Who I Hate". He was an awful teacher & I only passed the AP History test because I studied the material myself; but I am kind of thankful that he pushed Hamilton

The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
 Apr 29 2016, 07:46:08 AM

HSky said: "kimalysong said: "The only day I could possibly make it on time with a lottery is a Friday 8:00 show. Not sure where I would go after the show but I guess I will try for it. Why not!

A Friday night is probably extra popular so I think my chances are slim to none ha ha. 

"

Are you unsure about where to go because of the Amtrak times home? If you can figure out transportation past Trenton, just take a NJ Transit

Funny Girl transfer?
 Apr 28 2016, 06:58:40 PM

Well I wouldn't be interested in seeing it with anyone but Sheridan. If she wasn't in it I'd be saving my money. 

Hamilton to be filmed?
 Apr 28 2016, 09:51:54 AM

Not sure why people think this won't be released to the general public. Plenty of theater is released on film for the public to see. And they would make even more money this way. 

And its not like it would cut down on theater tickets bc seeing it on screen is no way the same experience as seeing it on film. But this would give people the opportunity who can't see it on stage. 

Apr 27 2016, 01:35:35 PM

The only day I could possibly make it on time with a lottery is a Friday 8:00 show. Not sure where I would go after the show but I guess I will try for it. Why not!

A Friday night is probably extra popular so I think my chances are slim to none ha ha. 

Apr 27 2016, 11:30:35 AM

So random question if by very slim chance you win the lottery how much time do they give you to get there after you know you won? 

I am just wondering if I would have time to get there from Phila on Amtrak. It would suck to win and then realize you can't make it in time. 

Apr 24 2016, 06:25:56 AM

I saw it last night and loved it. Gillian was really amazing as Blanche but the entire cast was great. It also had this really cool rotating stage so depending on where the stage was at the moment you saw different aspects/highlights of the show. Definitely go see it if you can 

My only complaint is the seats were not comfortable for a long play. I was fine the first half but I couldn't stop fidgeting during the second half because I was in pain. 

Henry IV pts 1 & 2 @ BAM
 Apr 17 2016, 08:13:49 PM

I am seeing them all except Part II sadly (couldn't fit it into my schedule)

Saw Richard II today and really enjoyed it. Henry IV actually had a big role to play in this story. It's just as much about Richard's fall as Henry's rise. 

So having not seen Henry IV yet I guess I could see it focusing more on how Henry V his son eventually became king where I assume Henry V would focus on the end of Henry V's reign. 

Edit: ok

Will Funny Girl transfer?
 Apr 11 2016, 08:32:46 PM

I know it's a long shot because sadly a lot of Americans don't know who Sheridan is but I am really hoping it will. That would be a day 1 purchase for me. Actually I won't lie Id be happy to see Sheridan in any show in Broadway. 

I am a huge fan of hers and I'd love to see her live on stage.  Maybe one day I can go to London to see her but that is not in the cards right now. 

Touring Season 2016-2017
 Mar 16 2016, 05:58:04 PM

Ah hooray for Curious Incident in Philadelphia. I've been dying to see it. I considered seeing it in NY but I'll save money and wait for the Philadelphia show which I hope will be good. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You